What if it was Paro instead?

Posted: 10 years ago
What if it was Paro instead of Rudra?😉 Ahem...😆
Yeah, I'm talking about Rudra's "encounter" with Laila. Laila uski le li, yeh hum likh ke keh sakte hain. 😛 Now, what if it was Paro (or any freaking other female lead in a soap) who was shown to have had a tryst with another guy before the male lead, would you accept it?

Just a survey to see if the "Bad Girl" is as acceptable to the audience as the quintessential Bad Buyoy.
No not at all they wouldn't Indian audience are so biases when it comes to woman 🤢

With a guy it's drooling and hot but with a girl she would be called a "s**t"  🤢
That's a million dollar Q my friend , I think who ever is appreciating Laila ,s  closeness with RUDRA , they have to except PARO affair also , cuz  usually girls have some crushes , relationships and affairs before marriage or true love , this is a realistic and practical approach 
No one will accept the bad girl

Is there any doubt ?

We have all been brought up in a certain way, and what we heard/learnt while growing up has stayed with us, no matter how biased.

If we can teach the next generation to think differently, then awesome 😛
Very thought provoking question!
Personally, I would have no qualms accepting such a female lead. Women are human too, ergo they also have needs. 😛

However, I don't think Indian TV industry will ever show such a thing. They have evolved a lot, showing male leads like Rudra who are not as holy as Ganga jal. 😆

But I don't think they have come around to showing female leads who are the same. It would be a blasphemy for people at this point. 😆

Edited by MissCoco - 10 years ago
👏 Fab post ,if male lead can do any thing before true love , female lead can do the same thing , she is also a human being with needs Edited by samirao - 10 years ago
Now no one is going to discus that cuz , if man do it he is hot sexy , with needs sizzling chemistry , but for female lead a big NO 
From what I've noticed, "Bad Boys" and "Bad Girls" have two distinct definitions for Television Show-makers.

Bad Boy--Rude, Arrogant, Snobbish (throw in some wit for the "sexay and wild" quotient), and of course----a hit with the ladies with a different one in his sack every week.

Bad Girl--Spoiled, arrogant, snooty (with NO major redeeming qualities, mind you), a bully maybe...in short, A TOTAL BITCH. But hey, hold on---she might be a total Harridan on the top floor, but should be purer than Gangajaal down there. A li'l bit of flirting and basking-shasking in attention-stattention is okay...I mean, okay-dokey...but no unlocking the chastity belt till the hero comes along and reforms her a la Himmatwala. 😳

Alright, not really seen a bad girl lead as yet on TV (no idea about exceptions, if any, enlighten me here will ya), but the bad boy is definitely a rage---even from the times when he was just a flirt and not really banging the headboards with anyone.

So, who'd like to see the BAD GIRL on TV? Do we ever see such a possibility and will YOU endorse it?
Edited by krystal_watz - 10 years ago
Originally posted by krystal_watz

From what I've noticed, "Bad Boys" and"Bad Girs" have two istinct definitions for Television Show-makers.

Bad Boy--Rude, Arrogant, Snobbish (throw in some wit for the "sexay and wild" quotient), and of course----a hit with the ladies with a different one in his sack every week.

Bad Girl--Spoiled, arrogant, snooty (with NO major redeeming qualitites, mind you), a bully maybe...in short, A TOTAL BITCH. But hey, hold on---she might be a total Harridan on the top floor, but should be purer than Gangajaal down there. A li'l bit of flirting and basking-shasking in attention-stattention is okay...I mean, okay-dokey...but no ulocking the chastity belt til the hero comes along and reforms her a la Himmatwala.

Alright, not really seen a bad girl lead as yet on TV (no idea about exceptions, if any, enlighten me here will ya), but the bad boy id definitely a rage---even from the times when he was just a flirt and not really banging the headboards with anyone.

So, who'd like to see the BAD GIRL on TV? Do we ever see such a possibility and will YOU endorse it?

The only TV bad girl that comes close to this definition, that I can think of is Tapasya from Uttaran.
Kystal I have already seen a number of posts outside of this forum, calling Sanaya a s**t & what not for wearing the outfits she does in the show.

So with any shadow of doubt I can say that any actress playing a role like that would be brutally criticised and s**t shamed.