Posted: 07 January 2014 at 5:56am | IP Logged
Who are Bohras...???

I have googles it.. but still confused... Confused

never heard of this before...  Confused

TheGunner Senior Member
TheGunner
TheGunner

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 10:39am | IP Logged
So, Islam Has 73 Sects. Mostly Are Sunni (like Me) 25% Are Shia. And Then Theres Bohri, an Islamic Community, A Sect.
Bohri's Usually Have "wala" At The End Of Their Surname.  I Had a Friend Her Name Was, Alifya BANDOOKWala. Hahaha Get It? Bandook? Gun? Lol Sorry Alifiya.

Thats About It, They've Slightly Different Beliefd But They Are Muslims.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

IndiaphorumPrincessN

lams Goldie
lams
lams

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 12:30pm | IP Logged
Not all walas are bohras , they could be others too ...even gujju muslims or khojas . Me bring a bohra muslim am saying that bec they dont show them to do anything that resembles a bohra muslim .

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Indiaphorum

BabyStone IF-Sizzlerz
BabyStone
BabyStone

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 2:40am | IP Logged
Originally posted by lams

Not all walas are bohras , they could be others too ...even gujju muslims or khojas . Me bring a bohra muslim am saying that bec they dont show them to do anything that resembles a bohra muslim .

You're right, having "wala" attached to the name doesn't necessarily mean that someone is Bohra muslim but in the beginning stages of the sect that was how they were identified. Now generations and the cultures have grown leaps and bounds, and people with any name can be a decedent of Bohra's or vice versa.
AkkiLuvsCOLORS IF-Stunnerz
AkkiLuvsCOLORS
AkkiLuvsCOLORS

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 2:42am | IP Logged
I thought those ladies who wear colourful Burqas are Bohra's...Here in Gujarat i hv seen that so far...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Indiaphorum

Indiaphorum IF-Dazzler
Indiaphorum
Indiaphorum

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 2:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by BabyStone

Originally posted by lams

<font face="Georgia, Times New Roman, Times, serif">You're right, having "wala" attached to the name doesn't necessarily mean that someone is Bohra muslim but in the beginning stages of the sect that was how they were identified. Now generations and the cultures have grown leaps and bounds, and people with any name can be a decedent of Bohra's or vice versa.</font>

i agree all walas are not bohra but chakkiwala is bohra... as sawmya from bade ache lagte hain is a bohra her name is amrin chakkiwala.
Targaryen-gal IF-Dazzler
Targaryen-gal
Targaryen-gal

CFC Forum Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 2:55am | IP Logged
I am a bohara or bohra and I am a hindu residing in nepal.
our clan had migrated here like hundreds of years ago.
we were kunwars in rajasthan but our cast was changed to bohara as our ancestors fought like bahar(boar)
I didn't know muslims also had bohras.
mkdeepaa Goldie
mkdeepaa
mkdeepaa

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 3:38am | IP Logged
I thinks Bohra is considered low compared to Khan... or is it Bori muslim? 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Beintehaa Topic Index

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index