Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
Great post.
I applaud the cvs for staying true to their words. This is show is definitely bold, refreshing and realistic. Finally we get a show where things are portrayed just as they should be. 

Guinea thumbnail
Lovely post K ðŸ˜Š
I agree , rudra is not a " character dheela" ...he is not in acommitted relationship right now ...and he and laila both are using each other for their mutual needs. I liked the fact that the PH put their relationship " out in the front" in the first scene itself ...

Ankita , I didn't know who she was till a month back , but her bindu/ helen act ðŸ˜† Surprised me ...I would love to see the change in her character once paro makes a presence in rudra's life ...I hope the CV's don't make her too negative ...

Infact , would also like to see how rudra behaves with laila , once he has paro in his life ðŸ˜‰ That would be fun to watch. 

A special mention to the beautiful scene when paro twirls around in her wedding lehanga ...lovely , so innocent yet poignant as we know what's going to happen next in her life ...Paro seems to be the only pure white spot in this grey / black landscape of the show ...
-Maryam.K- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Agree with you completely. Even I loved the olden days shows to and now no-one can call Rudra dheela!
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: Guinea

Lovely post K ðŸ˜Š

I agree , rudra is not a " character dheela" ...he is not in acommitted relationship right now ...and he and laila both are using each other for their mutual needs. I liked the fact that the PH put their relationship " out in the front" in the first scene itself ...

Ankita , I didn't know who she was till a month back , but her bindu/ helen act ðŸ˜† Surprised me ...I would love to see the change in her character once paro makes a presence in rudra's life ...I hope the CV's don't make her too negative ...

Infact , would also like to see how rudra behaves with laila , once he has paro in his life ðŸ˜‰ That would be fun to watch. 

A special mention to the beautiful scene when paro twirls around in her wedding lehanga ...lovely , so innocent yet poignant as we know what's going to happen next in her life ...Paro seems to be the only pure white spot in this grey / black landscape of the show ...

yes, that was indeed a beautiful scene. I mentioned in MKM's post that it was something I did, before my wedding too.

Im a little on the fence on Laila's characterisation. I hate it when women who willingly embrace sex before marriage are shown to be losers in the long run. the reason why I hated Cocktail too. And Ankita's portrayal of Laila although nice was too in your face for me, in a story where most of the characters are very restrained.

Maybe thats how the CVs intended it to be.
Sultan_Of_Swing thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Originally posted by: incandescent

Great post.

I applaud the cvs for staying true to their words. This is show is definitely bold, refreshing and realistic. Finally we get a show where things are portrayed just as they should be. 

And the thing is it was bold without being brazen. So it has been established Rudra has a relationship with Laila and guess what they didnt have to show them doing the deed.

Thats all i expect as a member of the audience. Dont take me for a fool and show that married couples are celibates.
dmg2c thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Naach_Basanti

1. Back in the late 90s Indian television was very progressive. We had good shows, that showed life for what it was. One of my all time favorite shows those days (even to date) was Saans; a show on how an extra marital affair embraced by a husband breaks his family apart. the subject was handled with sensitivity, but maturity & realistically. There was a scene where the husband and wife both parents to children who were in the teens initiate sex (hope mods allow the usage of the word here). Although it was only inferred upon but still it told the audience what they needed to know.

Move forward 10 years and we are now at a time where television is extremely conservative about showing anything that might upset the majority of the audience, to the point where married couples are shown to be celibates. I never understood the reasons behind something like this. Sex isnt bad. Yes, showing scenes of a sexual nature on prime time television is wrong, but to drag it to the point where married couples were shown as celibates was very very amusing.

On that note I'm glad that the makers of RR and its actors decided to take the bold step of showing Rudra's & laila's relationship for what it was- a pre-marital sex based relationship.

2. Secondly i find it amusing that people are calling Rudra's character deela. why? Because he is in a mutually beneficial relationship with an adult woman? How does that make him flawed? By all means he is flawed because he hates women, doesnt treat them well, uses violence and aggression while dealing with people he doesnt like. But to embrace a sex based relationship with another adult woman doesnt make his character deela. well, at least not according to me.

3. Ankita as Laila surprised me. Lets just say that I didnt like her in Amrith manthan, so i was pleasantly surprised by her in RR. however I find her potrayal of Laila, completely vampish. maybe thats how the character is meant to be. The PH's casting director deserves a pat on his/her shoulders.

4. The stage is set, the characters, their past, their motivations, their conflicts, their beliefs have all been established. Now its time for the Big wedding and for Rudra & Paro's life to change forever.

Feel free to agree or disagree respectfully.

P.S- a humorous take on today's episode will follow tonight or tomorrow morning.

I couldnt agree more NB aka Kripa! As I have already written earlier in this thread, I am mighty glad that they showed it like this and lived up to their promise to make it real! atleast to the extent that they can in a tv show. If they hadnt , would Rudra really be this oh so real guy in our eyes, with his full force of dark, brooding, quietly seething, tightly controlled magnetism and fire! I think the CVs, director, and actors esp Ashish did an amazing job of delineating the scene within the boundaries of finesse and excellence , keeping it believable, taut and full economy of actions and words...it takes a different level of method acting to achieve this level of portrayal and characterization , through words, movement and body language, till you forget where the scene leaves off and real life takes over...
Guinea thumbnail

yes, that was indeed a beautiful scene. I mentioned in MKM's post that it was something I did, before my wedding too.

Im a little on the fence on Laila's characterisation. I hate it when women who willingly embrace sex before marriage are shown to be losers in the long run. the reason why I hated Cocktail too. And Ankita's portrayal of Laila although nice was too in your face for me, in a story where most of the characters are very restrained.

Maybe thats how the CVs intended it to be.

In addition to Paro being a totally white / positive character  , I do hope somewhere down the line ...we have atleast one character in the show who has a humerous side to them and can make us laugh a bit ...right now we have bindi , but poor girl is going to drown soon ðŸ˜† . Some humour just breaks the whole " grey / gloomy " feel which tends to get over powering at times ...

Something I saw in the comments section , thought will post here ðŸ˜Š

incandescent thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

And the thing is it was bold without being brazen. So it has been established Rudra has a relationship with Laila and guess what they didnt have to show them doing the deed.

Thats all i expect as a member of the audience. Dont take me for a fool and show that married couples are celibates.

At bold - That is exactly what I liked about the scene. 
..Jyoti.. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Agree with you totally ðŸ˜Š
Awesome post