Coming of age- Musings - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
i called him character dheela as well but that was out of sheer humour  without anything intended at all , and nothing else , I didn't seriously mean it or anything and I think many people said it in humour cause I know that I personally did and there might be many people here like that.People need to lighten up. πŸ˜†
He is a free man , with an almost naked girl on his not-so-big bed , ye sab nahi hoga to kya wo usko raat bhar stories sunaye ga...! Plus Dark Stories do have a frustration remover for the lead.
Very bold of PH and channel to show this relationship explicitly, and not merely hint at it.

It leads one to think Rudra's relationship with Paromay also be shown in more detail than attempted kisses. After all the PH had said there is a lit of proximity between the 2.

Yes Indian TV is definitely taking a step forward with this show. Catching upto BW a little bit πŸ˜› where we have obvious relationships w/o much ado.
 Loved the steaming hot scene between Rudra and Laila. πŸ˜³
I was the one who sort of encouraged the trial and error with LailaπŸ˜†πŸ˜³ and born-again virgin with Paro πŸ˜‰... kind of Rudra 
Rudra is very clear right now regarding his actions and feelings , its only when Paro will knock on his heart that he will start to waver. 
Something interesting is that Rudra's trusted aide is Aman πŸ˜†πŸ˜† ( GH probably couldn't resist )
Edited by sonia_1 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by .AbhIyalicious.

i called him character dheela as well but that was out of sheer humour  without anything intended at all , and nothing else , I didn't seriously mean it or anything and I think many people said it in humour cause I know that I personally did and there might be many people here like that.People need to lighten up. πŸ˜†

I didnt even refer to your post. i didnt know you had made a post along those lines. It was a general remark. Nothing more.
Originally posted by tvbug2011

Lovely post, NB. 😊 Talking about sex on Indian TV, way back in the 80s there was a show called Khandaan, and I remember this scene when Neena Gupta, who's been having marital problems with Jayant Kripalani, suddenly admits that she wants him. They're in the drawing room, he's returned dusty and tired from work, and she says bluntly that she wants him! He protests, he is too tired. And she tells him she likes it that way!! Talk about mature..πŸ˜†  

surprise surprise, Neena Gupta directed & starred as the wife in Saans too. she was some woman.

I agree with your post completely.  Sad that we still can't talk about sex without being judged by some no matter if you are married or not.

I like Rudra's character every much.  He is like any other men in his situation and Laila seems to work fine with him and I don't mind that all. But looking forward to see him with Paro in same scene because that will just awesome☺️

Originally posted by Naach_Basanti

1. Back in the late 90s Indian television was very progressive. We had good shows, that showed life for what it was. One of my all time favorite shows those days (even to date) was Saans; a show on how an extra marital affair embraced by a husband breaks his family apart. the subject was handled with sensitivity, but maturity & realistically. There was a scene where the husband and wife both parents to children who were in the teens initiate sex (hope mods allow the usage of the word here). Although it was only inferred upon but still it told the audience what they needed to know.

Move forward 10 years and we are now at a time where television is extremely conservative about showing anything that might upset the majority of the audience, to the point where married couples are shown to be celibates. I never understood the reasons behind something like this. Sex isnt bad. Yes, showing scenes of a sexual nature on prime time television is wrong, but to drag it to the point where married couples were shown as celibates was very very amusing.

On that note I'm glad that the makers of RR and its actors decided to take the bold step of showing Rudra's & laila's relationship for what it was- a pre-marital sex based relationship.

2. Secondly i find it amusing that people are calling Rudra's character deela. why? Because he is in a mutually beneficial relationship with an adult woman? How does that make him flawed? By all means he is flawed because he hates women, doesnt treat them well, uses violence and aggression while dealing with people he doesnt like. But to embrace a sex based relationship with another adult woman doesnt make his character deela. well, at least not according to me.

3. Ankita as Laila surprised me. Lets just say that I didnt like her in Amrith manthan, so i was pleasantly surprised by her in RR. however I find her potrayal of Laila, completely vampish. maybe thats how the character is meant to be. The PH's casting director deserves a pat on his/her shoulders.

4. The stage is set, the characters, their past, their motivations, their conflicts, their beliefs have all been established. Now its time for the Big wedding and for Rudra & Paro's life to change forever.

Feel free to agree or disagree respectfully.

P.S- a humorous take on today's episode will follow tonight or tomorrow morning.

πŸ‘πŸΌ...Agree with you totally...
TV people need to be more realistic and take things more maturely and gracefully...
I am not saying that they should show explicit sex scenes but avoiding it like a plague doesn't help either...  
NB...Loved your funny posts...and looking forward for more...
I have never been a into TV except watching cricket and news. SoI am not aware of any shows you stated, but after watching the show only thing which crossed is hopefully no sevas or sangams or kazagams burn or sue the channel or ph or cvs or telling that they are encouraging the premarital sex and depicting girl initiating and seducing.

I really liked the bold move made by Laila and how neutrally he accepted the move.
Completely agree that 2 grown adults consenting to sex isn't bad. Laila will be a fun character and adds an edge to the show. I will probably come to dislike her eventually but I am currently really enjoying her character. I just hope the show keeps its edge intact and doesn't pander to TRPs/ aunties. No Saas/sasur-bahu/family craziness. Keep it high quality story-wise. Personally all of this is very tame for me as I am a big Game of Thrones fan but India is conservative and I think this is hopefully far more acceptable to the audience. Eventually, I hope the country matures so they can show realistic kisses between two loving, consenting couples.