RRooms With a View

Posted: 10 years ago
So, after a scorching first week, as the heat builds yet again, we get an insight into what's occupying the key players of RR. The wheels turn stealthily within wheels to affect the outcome of the approaching grand celebration - Paro's wedding.   

Today, PaRud's rooms-with-a-view gave them two unexpected visitations. Rudra, sixth-sense prickling, peered out of his canvas matrix into the impenetrable night. But the surprise had already stolen past his defences. And so we saw Laila, the third player in the PaRud romance. Laila - Rudra's fiery, voluptuous paramour, or just his medium for physical release - who conveniently offered him the chance to unload his smokin' gun.😳😆

Not surprisingly, Rudra warned her against visiting him in his quarters, and against reading too much into her role - she should know she's a mere convenience. And Laila rejected outright any ambitions to be his wife or the carer of his children - who then would look after him, she fired back. After all, she'd much rather cater to those infinitely more pleasurable needs - and proceeded to do so. A fittingly bold characterisation this, a stark contrast from Paro's gentler, warmer appeal.

Rudra's surprises didn't end with the night. Came the dawn and came a new revelation from a most unlikely source, Rudra's junior officer whom he had earlier dismissed as incompetent. The very same uniform shared a tip that the bridal party was a cover for insurgents. And so, as a red sun rose over the Rann, and the contents of a suitcase revealed what looked suspiciously like gun barrels, Rudra watched the tip come true and revised his opinion of the junior officer.

For Paro, indulging in her romantic dreams by sneaking on her wedding dress in the privacy of an empty house, the window held an altogether different view. Rukmini, rising as though from the swirls of her bridal lehenga led Paro to the fretwork of her window. And peering out into the distance, Paro caught sight of the plainclothes BSD officer who awake or asleep had occupied her thoughts since her rescue. A chronicle of a disaster foretold or a deep sense of unease? Whatever, the sight affected Paro deeply and she chose to read it as a bad omen for her wedding.

But for the Thakur, the view of Kesari just beyond his room brought an altogether different emotion - relief and satisfaction at recovering his money and being able to keep this weakest link to him, under wraps. And fury that Kesari had so nearly endangered his hold on the village. As for the wedding, it could go to the blazes for all he cared!

So, three different views; three different readings; and three different emotions. Who will be proven right and to what degree?

What do you think?

Edited by tvbug2011 - 10 years ago
Very well written, and I like how you brought out the recurrence of the window and what it showed to each character, it was also a window to the worldview of each character in the show- the temptress, Laila, the ruthless, Rudra, the innocent Paro, the cunning Thakur as well as the gentle (so far) Rajmata. Thakursa's wife too steps near the window taking in the gentle breeze and feeling safe in the embrace of her husband.
Thank you for the PM. Hope you write more.
Good post. I didn't make the very obvious window connection while watching the show. I kind of liked the Thakur-Thakurain scene, cos I thought so at least he loves his wife. But I'm not so sure anymore. 

Memorable moment of the day: The shot of Ankita's scarlet-tipped grasp on Rudra's hand persuading him to drop his glass and seek his comfort elsewhere.  

But the spectacular scenery trumped all! That massive red ball of fire picking out the two men in the jeep, and the moment the camera froze on dark silhouettes of Rudra and the officer standing in that watch-tower/machaan scanning the orange morning for signs of prey.
Originally posted by showviewer

Very well written, and I like how you brought out the recurrence of the window and what it showed to each character, it was also a window to the worldview of each character in the show- the temptress, Laila, the ruthless, Rudra, the innocent Paro, the cunning Thakur as well as the gentle (so far) Rajmata. Thakursa's wife too steps near the window taking in the gentle breeze and feeling safe in the embrace of her husband.
Thank you for the PM. Hope you write more.

Thank you.😊

@ Bold: thanks for pointing out, the window was a nice device for showcasing the characters.
@ And you are right, the Thakuraain's gaze out of the window was also significant - with that touch the CVs implied that hers is also an important role in this story. They've given us a bit more backstory about the Thakuraain and the Thakur now. And they've hinted today that she may not be aware of her husband's murkier deeds. Although, she has to have an inkling that he's not completely above-board.
Originally posted by SS88

Good post. I didn't make the very obvious window connection while watching the show. I kind of liked the Thakur-Thakurain scene, cos I thought so at least he loves his wife. But I'm not so sure anymore. 
Thank you. 😊

I'd be disappointed if there wasn't more to that lovey-dovey relationship. Perfect is a great starting point for the descent into imperfection. I always felt that the Thakuraain was complicit in turning the villagers against the BSD, although she may have believed they were responsible for all the killings of the innocent. She is clearly ignorant of the full extent  of the Thakur's crimes. It's not clear if she's guessed a bit and is deliberately turning a blind eye.
beautifully written...😊
Great post.

Different points of view.

Rudra unliafing his smoking gun ? 🤣
Originally posted by Arhi_2205

Good post
Thanks, there's something about this show ...😊
Originally posted by amaia