Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: F.M.D.

not true. its just that more people went to watch yaarian.

even without yaariyan, the film would have given the similar reactions, becoz both the films opened similarly its only yaariyan picked up in the evening shows.

dedh ishqiya looked dull from the promos...who would like to see a Umrao Jaan kinda look movie. even if its good, it gave an art film like...that's where VB made the biggest mistake. the gallis which made the first film controversial and the rustic language, everything was missing from the promos...m not at all surprised that it didn't work. and madhuri's days are over. she is no shabana azmi or deepti naval who can give flops after flops and yet there is no damage on their careers but madhuri would have to face a lot of flak...only comments like  'her time is over' shall follow her and something looks same for gulab gang as well. harsh reality of bollywood.
ponymo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
But Gulab Gang looks good. It might work.
samanoosama thumbnail
excellent !! nice dialogues..
Rekha_ji thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Was supposed to see the movie here in London - but it was sold out!
So many people in the line to buy tickets! Families!! So me and my friend just watched Dhoom 3 again ðŸ˜›
chimchimcher-ee thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Brown Sahiba @Rajyasree 

Saw Dedh Ishqiya. Beautifully shot, they've all acted well, some of the dialogue escaped me. I preferred Ishqiya. Also 1st half too long.
Dedh Ishqiya UP Yaariyan DOWN

The collections of Dedh Ishqiya were up on Saturday while Yaariyan fell a little. The collections of Yaariyan were around 5 crore nett on Saturday from 5.75 crore nett on Friday while Dedh Ishqiya was around 3.75 crore on Saturday with 2.75 crore nett on Friday.

Dedh Ishqiya has been slower to pick up as its audience is not in the 16-25 age group. The film has shown decent growth on Saturday and could pick up a more on Sunday. The two day total is around 6.50 crore nett

Yaariyan dropped on Saturday and may not grow much today but with a total of 10.75 crore nett in two days and a potential 17 crore nett weekend it has done well and is the first success of 2014.

http://www.boxofficeindia.com/boxnewsdetail.php?page=shownews&articleid=6382&nCat=

MalahFirangi thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
DI is looks better than Yariyaan
TheAquaCapri thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Thank god DI is doing good, i m hoping the movie gets the hit tag.
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
What a beautiful movie after such a long time!! Madhuri and Huma bore the film on their shoulders with Naseer and Arshad giving their due as supporting actors. Its rare these days to watch a film that's solely dependent on talented cast and script. The best part was the bonding between Madhuri's and Huma's characters; graceful, dignified and bold - a subtle hint of homoeroticism done very maturely - and ofcourse, Naseeruddin Shah, who can still give the so-called 'stars' a run for money with pure talent and charm. 
tanya.91 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Dedh ISHQIYA

Was very enthusiastic to watch this film after extremely glowing reviews and bcoz it was of my alltime favorite Madhuri Dixit's movie after 6 years post aaja nachle.

One thing that surprised me the most (not in a pleasant way) that Madhuri got very little screen time. If you combine all of her scenes, her role is just of 25 minutes in total that included the 2 songs. I wonder WHY ON EARTH her so much potential is still untapped :(

For me the film was not brilliant, but a good watch. The surprise element is not that hard-hitting that it made to be in critics' reviews.

Arshad Warsi's comic timing is a delight to watch. Naseer ud din shah gave Deja Vu feelings from his drama "Mirza Ghalib" with all that poetry and body language. Huma Qureshi is fine in her role. Vijay Raaz is praised like anything in all critics' reviews , but I don't find his performance that extra ordinary that it made out to be.
Madhuri is afterall Madhuri. Even in a shorter role, she breath life in each & every scene and was a complete natural as always.

Direction, screenplay, dialogues were good, but not exceptional.
Also the use of chaste urdu (I know urdu very well) was not that much, just at the beginning portions and first half of the movie, but after that the language was pretty common & has modern day's sensibilities.

Overall a decent watch. Maybe the rave reviews raised my expectation so high that I think the film was good but not exceptional at any level. Still a decent watch, and for Madhuri's  fans a MUST watch. (but remember she has limited screen time).

My rating:  3 out of 5.