Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: likarsh

Lunchbox is original. Indian films are not all copied. There are a good number of non mainstream, quality, original films. 

Yes I like the village stuff, you know the classic bollywood films they used to have a lot of storytelling of villages, off course the hero and heroine was someone good looking like an Amitabh Bachchan/Rajesh Khanna, Hema Malini etc, but the earthy masala type movies were good. Also a lot of college movies were made in the 90's which were good, but non mainstream films I do not know about, these I'm talking about were mainstream hindi films just made with stars which have now grown old or died. 
JAHHNAVI thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Her DP- Itzzz kinda cute nahi?.. Mean waala cute? 😆

I didn't notice it before (maybe coz I m on my phone rite now).. But her content matches her DP.. She don't care bout- what is it called again- ... EMOTIONS 😆
So she's sticking out the tongue-declaring "I don't care".. even when the actor playing Rudra was mocked (and he himself read it all)- she will NOT change the way she writes- coz that actually works for her -and it's FUNNY that way! like I said, I am a fan of her symbolic writing- and the metaphors she's used in between are kinda hard to decipher if one is not familiar with what they really imply! Example: Lata Mangeshkar sang the patriotic VANDE MATRAM- the song which played as Rudra is killing (massacring according to her) those smugglers at the border! She describes the entire incident as a way of expressing gratitude towards Lata and her song- with Border security having to do NOTHING with it! 😆 Funny.. Anyone? Lol..

All the sentimental stuff that NAUTANKI tries to shove down it's audience's throats becomes a light hearted satire for this writer- as if warning us, not to take ANYTHING seriously! Let's admit it- violence is one of the major drawback of that show! And here she is- trying to paint things in a funny tone- haha Thakur's sneaky way of getting guns across becomes a business of "shaadi.com" to her 😆 ... Aaah the metaphors againnn! So nope, never really noticed her DP- just her work! ;)
-Nafisa- thumbnail
I lost interest in Rang Rasiya after half of the first episode, didn't bother watching it again, didn't want to watch something about a border security cop and they seem to be hated by that tribe the heroine belongs to and she's having premonitions about him and hurting her, so looked like a lot of hate crime happening against that tribe by the cops looking after the border. Didn't find anything worth watching further. I would definitely have stuck it out the week if I was an IPK fan though as it's seeing someone I love right, but as I wasn't attached to anyone really in the show and the storyline didn't interest me, it was an easy choice to drop it.

But you guys told me about Ashish's Laila and I've seen the pictures too, and also one of my friends loves Sanaya Irani and was urging me to watch it...and another one closer friend also telling me it's a good show, I'm going to give it another go, but just not right now, when I'm more angry with the shows I'm watching...probably never to be honest. ðŸ˜• I'll watch Beinithaan though as it has my namesake there and also she's the favourite bahu I heard from Liks in her discussion with somebody here. ðŸ˜†
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Liks I wanted to ask you something, you know that new serial DAK, that you are hooked to, SamRAT the hero has married the girl intending to be playing with her emotions as is the norm nowadays in hindi serials they marry for revenge and love comes later. How come you never watched MEIEJ from the beginning? & Why you weren't hooked to that show like you do DAK? 
I've got a few ideas as to your reasoning, but I wanted to hear from you first then I will tell you what I'm thinking. 
Dolly-heart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Nafisa.

Liks I wanted to ask you something, you know that new serial DAK, that you are hooked to, SamRAT the hero has married the girl intending to be playing with her emotions as is the norm nowadays in hindi serials they marry for revenge and love comes later. How come you never watched MEIEJ from the beginning? & Why you weren't hooked to that show like you do DAK? 

I've got a few ideas as to your reasoning, but I wanted to hear from you first then I will tell you what I'm thinking. 

Nafs it is not the same as MB show.

SamRAT does not hide the fact that he is rude arrogant and everyone around him knows that.
He never hid this side of him throughout the wedding,  but Urmi's family just ignored it all because his friend Ishaan kept making excuses and sugar coating his attitude.

SamRAT is not playing with Urmi's emotions .  He simply does not give  a damn to anyones emotions.

Sorry Liks to butt in.  I am sure you will give an even better explanation.
-Nafisa- thumbnail

Originally posted by: Dolly-heart

Nafs it is not the same as MB show.

SamRAT does not hide the fact that he is rude arrogant and everyone around him knows that.
He never hid this side of him throughout the wedding,  but Urmi's family just ignored it all because his friend Ishaan kept making excuses and sugar coating his attitude.

SamRAT is not playing with Urmi's emotions .  He simply does not give  a damn to anyones emotions.

Sorry Liks to butt in.  I am sure you will give an even better explanation.

Dolly, RK also didn't hide that he hated Madhu in the beginning until the night they spent in the studio together, he was being rude and arrogant just the same. 

The difference I'm seeing is if he doesn't give a damn of her emotions being hurt rather with RK he was actually enjoying her discomfiture and was trying to break her and it wasn't working she never broke until he did the unwedding that's what hurt her, all the time before that he didn't manage it. Whilst Urmi his uncaring rude behaviour is hurting her. 

Dolly that's not the reasons I was thinking off though, let me hear from Liks. 
snowy72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

I've been thinking this for the past few days, that perhaps when Urmi leaves her father and grandmother would not have it and would force her to go back. Her own mother may call up her sister and send her to Trisha's parents.  That would be interesting. That would make the most logical sense, but I don't know if the show would end up using a third set?

Another thing when her parents mentioned MBA. I think Trisha also mentioned getting a job, right? Hah. Imagine. Just imagine if she gets a job in some conglomerate or big company. and she is part of the team that works on a takeover of Samrat's hotels. I mean, obviously she can't be the big shot--but does her part as the first year employee. 

Which leads me to, if Trisha gets a job...she may end up getting a job near to Urmi's family and Samrat's rather than her own parents. Which means, Urmi could possibly live with Trisha too.

Blue:  Liks -- now I'd LOVE TO SEE that!!  ðŸ˜ƒ

Originally posted by: Dolly-heart

You are right Chandni about both those parents thinking.   Did we ever get to know actually what is Urmi's education.

I am curious to see also who will Urmi confide in first about what she is going through with SamRAT and SSM.

She has talked with Trishna twice after bad incidents and has sugar coated the whole thing by saying she is fine.

I want to say to Urmi if he takes you to Goa for the honeymoon... push him into the Indian Ocean..

My fantasy for SamRAT are getting violent

Pink: Dolly - I think it will be Ishaan who helps Urmi as he has witnessed it first hand. Trisha may help her once she decides to leave the RAT and her parents and Nani are telling her to go back.

Purple - 🤣🤣🤣

Edited by snowy72 - 10 years ago
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: .Nafisa.

Nafs, I've already said it here in my various posts about it. I don't know if you've read or if you missed it. Basically, it's because he didn't go into the marriage as revenge. He went ahead with the marriage for his ego, yes. But other than that, to him there was no difference. He wanted to marry, he called it off, and called it back on due to his ego. But when he called it back on, the only thing that came to play was that he made a point to Trisha (and later would keep taunting her, also since he is too arrogant and blinded by his ego so blames Trisha for Urmi's calling off the marriage). The way he approached the marriage didn't change. He was still going into the marriage the same way he was going into it earlier.

I had linked earlier to a bunch of my posts on the forum that talked about this.

It's different from many other shows because the lead IS going into to it as a marriage. Not a hate marriage, not a marriage for revenge, not a marriage where he is planning on torturing his wife, and not as some compromise marriage where he will just treat the wife as a friend at best, or ignore her...and pretend like they are just two people sharing a room.

He has regressive and misogynist views. But that's actually quite realistic, a lot of men do think like that that they can have wives who will just be the docile wife. The gutsy thing this show just may do is show the wife taking a stand (and perhaps moving on).  And speaking of his regressive, misogynist views, he wanted a wife who would fall into that thinking. And he called it off when he got an inkling Urmi may not be such a wife, but then his ego got the better off him and blinded him to other facts. Just as Urmi herself I feel proved herself to him when she chose him over Trisha. (None of this means I think Urmi should be stuck with him because of her wrong choices and mistakes.)

I know what you're thinking, Nafs. It's that they are sleeping together.😆 And yes, that's one of the things included too when I say, "go into it as a marriage." and I have talked about that as well. 

MB--RK blackmailed Madhu into the marriage, treated her like trash all throughout. In DAK, there was no such blackmailing. (One could say that Urmi probably due to her family may not have had the confidence to ever back out, but at the same time as I said she herself had seen a lot and never really wanted to back out. And even more so, she herself basically proved herself to him.) 
KhatamKahani thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Always touches my soul...makes it want to cry.
[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UknDjQZr5E[/YOUTUBE]

I just caught up with Beintehaa. Woot, woot. heheh this is going very well. I like the show. It has the right amount of modernity and good choices. For instance, is it wrong Zain, Aliya will end up having no choice but to marry, yeah. but at the same time...Zain was flirting with her...this is why you shouldn't flirt with engaged people. Aliya, I don't blame her so much..but she didn't exactly shut it down either...

At the same time, they hug on Monday which I don't blame them for at all. The hug is just being them friends, but unfortunately for them...circumstances will leave leave them compromised.

My only hope is that they don't have a hate marriage with Zain treating her like crap, or some Saas Bahu crap. i really don't see how they could hate each other even after being married. Maybe some understanding/agreement (and maybe a some resentment). I had read something about how they realize once they separate that they love each other. So perhaps they have some understanding to divorce after some time?
Dolly-heart thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail

Always touches my soul...makes it want to cry.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6UknDjQZr5E[/YOUTUBE]

I just caught up with Beintehaa. Woot, woot. heheh this is going very well. I like the show. It has the right amount of modernity and good choices. For instance, is it wrong Zain, Aliya will end up having no choice but to marry, yeah. but at the same time...Zain was flirting with her...this is why you shouldn't flirt with engaged people. Aliya, I don't blame her so much..but she didn't exactly shut it down either...

At the same time, they hug on Monday which I don't blame them for at all. The hug is just being them friends, but unfortunately for them...circumstances will leave leave them compromised.

My only hope is that they don't have a hate marriage with Zain treating her like crap, or some Saas Bahu crap. i really don't see how they could hate each other even after being married. Maybe some understanding/agreement (and maybe a some resentment). I had read something about how they realize once they separate that they love each other. So perhaps they have some understanding to divorce after some time?

Thank you Liks.  That is one beautiful song and you are right it touches something deep inside ones soul.

I too just finished  watching Beintehaa .  That slap was so good to watch.

Now it seems they will have to get married.   The only person I still do not like is Zain's mother.  The father is very good and even with all the wealth he is so humble in manner and his speech.

I also wish they do not show too much of the Saas Bahu stuff.  Especially between Zain and Aliya I do not want that woman to interfere.  There is enough of that nonsense with the two wives always bickering.

I wonder if they will get their money back from that greedy family.  

Aliya did say Zain is not her type .  Lets see how they  move the story forward.