Sultan's Harem for his Sexy Sirens~ CC#20 *IO* - Page 118

Posted: 10 years ago
To be honest, I think makers should probably ignore IF. It's not just the couples stuff, but other stuff too. IF is filled with people who are from abroad, and that too young people and in some ways they are more conservative and more closed minded than many sections in India and South Asia. There's a common saying how many times the immigrants grew up in a more conservative environment than their cousins back in India. It's true, and the young ones who've only witnessed their community abroad don't realize that what they know from their closed experience doesn't speak for others.
Then again, there's the other crap sells to the audience in India as well.

But I feel like a lot of times the makers don't really have the gumption or don't bother. Or they are held back by the long running daily format which doesn't allow them to venture out all that much. Because what can you do? In this way, as crap and BS as Ekta's bullshit is, I do gotta give it to her for ignoring the online and IF fanbase.  She separates couples, has them consummate with others (although a with PR its just the male), make them have kids with others, etc etc.

She has some truly effed up stuff, and people compare it to American Soaps but no. American Soaps are nothing like Ekta's Bullshit crap.

But still, I do give it to her for not bothering with the online fans.
Edited by likarsh - 10 years ago
Originally posted by JAHHNAVI

😆 Hehehe yeah Pallavi.. Yes I understand Avinesh's character SHOULD, MUST, HAZ TO, GOTTT TO get a girl (Shikha)... Arre parr theek se aaane toh do ussko screen pe.. Abhi chaar line nahi boli bannde ne.. Naam tak mujhe tohh nai pataa usska.. R u sure it's Neeraj?? 😆 And ALREADY Jodi names and I don't know what else.. 😆 😆 I love AR but I wanted Shikha to go in this all by herself- she should be STRONG!! And if... Ifff she falls for NEERAJ (or whatever his name is) - how in the world will this be explainable! The girl just got out of a HORRIBLE relationship where the one she trusted, betrayed her and u want her to romance another dude? Is it THAT easy to fall in love (I mean yeah he's gorgeous but.. ) How? Just HOWWW? 😆 They can be friends helping each other out- but LOVE should be the LAST THING on anyone's mind when there's a 2 year old waiting for his mommy to save him.. Just sayin' 😆 😆

Chiks, I think I'll be honest and say I agree with you, but it's only because Shikha isn't too pretty, if she was very pretty I would have liked Neeraj and her to have something romantic, despite the situation with Marnav being stolen from Shikha and Sameer threw her off the cliff. ðŸ˜†
Edited by .Nafisa. - 10 years ago
😲😲😲 OMG.. I'll just pretend I never read that Nafs.. 😲😆
I also agree that there has to be an overall story as well as parallel characters and tracks in order for a show to succeed.  Romance is fine if intertwined in a story.  

I wish our desi writers would come up with a story before starting a show and then stick to it.  I'm curious to find out how many written episodes or what part of story gets the approval from the channel to start a show.  There is a show on Life OK called Kaisa Yeh Ishq Hai ...  I don't watch that show.  But I remember watching the promos for it.  The girl was from Singapore, wearing a nice dress in a corporate setting.  Sometimes now when I catch the show while flipping channels, she's in this hideous village outfit crying.  I think her MIL tried to kill her and she came back?  Not sure and don't want to know.  My point is, why do the makers change the storyline to get the same saas bahu and dehati crap?  If those kind of shows are the only ones that get TRPs then they need to get those TRP machines out of the current houses and put them in upper middle class families.

I wonder whether the two shows that have a fixed duration (Tumhari Paakhi and Main Na Bhoolungi) will really stick to their storylines.

Sorry if I've offended any Sukriti fans!

Edited by snowy72 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by snowy72

I also agree that there has to be an overall story as well as parallel characters and tracks in order for a show to succeed.  Romance is fine if intertwined in a story.  

I wish our desi writers would come up with a story before starting a show and then stick to it.  I'm curious to find out how many written episodes or what part of story gets the approval from the channel to start a show.  There is a show on Life OK called Kaisa Yeh Ishq Hai ...  I don't watch that show.  But I remember watching the promos for it.  The girl was from Singapore, wearing a nice dress in a corporate setting.  Sometimes now when I catch the show while flipping channels, she's in this hideous village outfit crying.  I think her MIL tried to kill her and she came back?  Not sure and don't want to know.  My point is, why do the makers change the storyline to get the same saas bahu and dehati crap?  If those kind of shows are the only ones that get TRPs then they need to get those TRP machines out of the current houses and put them in upper middle class families.

I wonder whether the two shows that have a fixed duration (Tumhari Paakhi and Main Na Bhoolungi) will really stick to their storylines.

Sorry if I've offended any Sukriti fans!

Yes I was talking about the same to someone recently and she said the reason they are changing the storyline, bringing in twist after twist and the original storyline is lost along the way is because they are ambitious and are chasing after TRP, and yes they all try the Saas Bahu stuff but it doesn't always work because I feel even the TRP aunties aren't completely stupid, they have got to see okay this I will swallow and carry on watching as the girl has no other viable alternative she has to take the abuse from her saas/husband as her family where she comes from she was in the same boat, so at least where she is if she works hard there and makes them see her qualities they will ignore she is illiterate and appreciate her and later on she can also study and become literate, but in some other stories like. So the TRP audiences aren't completely clueless to accept this life for a girl because she is married she has to stay fits all scenarios and all situations like the makers of these shows try to feed down their throats. I think makers need to show women do walk out if their parents are willing to take them back (if her family are understanding, no way would a girl just stay at her sasural) similarly if a girl has the means to provide for herself as a career as a superstar like Madhu had (in MEIEJ I felt the makers did intend a separation but delayed too much to get to it, as they were trying to show her doing everything possible to save her marriage then give up and walk out, the audience lost patience and switched the channel). 

So the saas bahu injection into every show out there sometimes doesn't fit.  
Snowy, there's no way you could offend Suku fans. They hate the BS that that's going on in KYIH, but what can they do?
I loved KYIH in the initial stage. I think it probably works because it was away from the family set up. I mean we still saw his family on the other side, but still we saw a modern setting as well, as well as Simi who was so refreshing.

And Rajveer, he was such a great guy. And the Rajveer/Simi were just so great. I wish they could've developed the story more in the Singapore part--meaning they could've made their relationship develop slowly and all...but they had to have Simi suddenly declaring "I love you" his deciding "oh, I love her too" but he leaves. I completely understand his leaving, but I didn't like how ILU part was rushed. First of all, I think ILU is overused in these shows. When they like someone, it's ILU. 

But then Simi decides to chase after him. Okay, even that is okay I guess since they had the father voice the legit reasons why she shouldn't. 

But then it was all family drama afterwards. Sometimes I tune in here and there, just to catch Rajveer/Simi. Because even then they have just something. Also...a lot of the cast there...they somehow take the crazy, ridiculous, regressive crap and somehow make it into somewhat of a light comedy sometimes.

Also in Simi's case, it's important to note that most of the family members are on her side. It's the Didi who's against her--with some help with that guy whose name I forget. Then there's Tauji who's clueless of what's going on, but also a regressive misogynist. Also now I guess Rajveer has been brainwashed and lost his memory. But Simi's not hated by the family. They are all on her side.

But yeah...KYIH is the perfect example of what I wish Hindi shows could do, and they did do it in the beginning, but they had to get out of the Singapore track and could only do it for a few weeks--showing the limitations of this whole format.
Edited by likarsh - 10 years ago
😆😆😆 (Yeah! I HAD to do this to your eyes! You're welcome) 😆

I think they should do season for each show, and they should shoot the whole season first and then show it to public, this way they do not have to worry about GPs and TRPs. 

I am watching White Collar, writer of the show has to be very intelligent as the language is superb, it is about con- man and FBI agent but knowledge of both is great, they are showing both very very good at their work, and other characters are too equally good and shown intelligent, it has mystery, little bit of action, love story too and beautiful English.

I want to watch such thing in Desi shows, I used to like Arjun, but that too cvs have made it into one man show, only ARJUN is intelligent rest are dumb.