Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Nafisa- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: JAHHNAVI

New new profile sii picture.. WOW! ❤️ That's his grandma, I guess.. 😳 

And someone please tell him to get down from that tree  (2nd pic he posted)😆.. gawsshh he's doing a GREAT job working on his fitness- result dikhh raha hai- and he's not even done yet 😛👏 

😆😆 bold yah his fit and the amount of control it takes to keep your body parallel in that position must be difficult to do, I'm not going to try and do it...😛
Edited by .Nafisa. - 10 years ago
JAHHNAVI thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Alrighty India waalo- A very HAPPY LOHRI - to all those celebrating...
 I miss India a LOT during all these major festivals and Lohri is no different - and it's one of the biggest festivals in Punjab especially! even though it will be celebrated out here in the same way- with bonfire at night, loud music, gaana bazana and lots and lots of peanuts, popcorn and gacchakk and revriis and what not- phir bhi something will be missing- no matter how hard u try- one just cannot recreate those unique facets surrounding these 'desi' festivals...   Jyada senti ho gaya naa? 😆 Sorry..

JAHHNAVI thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Nafisa.

😆😆 bold yah his fit and the amount of control it takes to keep your body parallel in that position must be difficult to do, I'm not going to try and do it...😛

😈 Do it Nafs... I am pretty sure he's not steady at that parallel position (u think he is?)..
Looks like- he's swinging (twirling..?) from that tree.. Aisa tohh koi bhi karr le-  Nafs can do that too Mr Rekhi ..😃

*runs* 😈
-Nafisa- thumbnail
Chiks, I'm not punjabi but going by my own experience during eid, it's never the same ever again...when you are away from the people and surroundings, for example eid was celebrated with friends I'd grown up with their families and my own family, my mum would make the sweets and her friends also would make some and share, now I will go buy sweets no problem but definitely isn't the same, the surroundings and people I celebrated with aren't there. I usually give all festivals I celebrated when growing up a miss because I don't want to have that feeling you have now, homesick. Edited by .Nafisa. - 10 years ago
-Nafisa- thumbnail

😈 Do it Nafs... I am pretty sure he's not steady at that parallel position (u think he is?)..
Looks like- he's swinging (twirling..?) from that tree.. Aisa tohh koi bhi karr le-  Nafs can do that too Mr Rekhi ..😃

*runs* 😈

Get out of here. You do it Avi. 😈🤣 ...whoever who was clicking the picture made sure to get it when he was parallel, but you may be right perhaps he did whilst twirling on the tree, ask him. 😆
snowy72 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Happy Lohri Chiks and to all those celebrating!
JaZzs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
Embedded image permalink

happy lohri sexy sirens...
JAHHNAVI thumbnail
😈 Yeahh.. he's definitely moving Nafs.. See his shoes are blurry.. 😛 Yehh tohh koi bhi karr le.. 😆😉
JAHHNAVI thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Nafisa.

Chiks, I'm not punjabi but going by my own experience during eid, it's never the same ever again...when you are away from the people and surroundings, for example eid was celebrated with friends I'd grown up with their families and my own family, my mum would make the sweets and her friends also would make some and share, now I will go buy sweets no problem but definitely isn't the same, the surroundings and people I celebrated with aren't there. I usually give all festivals I celebrated when growing up a miss because I don't want to have that feeling you have now, homesick.

🤗🤗
I can SOO understand this Nafs.. I've stayed away from family for 2 long years during college- and I can relate to these feels regarding being homesick..

Mera case thodaa sa different hai- I m not missing my ghar/ house in India.. almost all of my family members  have moved to Cali- so I got all my people with me..  we do get together, and we celebrate festivals-😊

It's the ermm.. whole mood.. the ambience- the "mahaaul" outside-and like u said- surroundings during the festival that I MISS the most- example in Chandigarh we used  to see these HUMONGOUS stacks/piles of peanuts (for sale) along the road side during "Lohri" time.. Kids would go out in the neighborhood to collect sweets and munchies (like during Halloween) and they'd sing songs at our gates and there will be some commotion on the streets-  and markets would be decorated for the festival.. there'd be that  particular smell of burnt wood lingering in the air.. I can go one FOREVER describing this one.. 😳 😆

I mean these little things that u've come to associate with these  festivals for more than half ur life- and u sorta learn automatically what Deewali "feels" like or what Lohri "smells" like and what to look out for during New Year's eve- etc etc and suddenly u move to a new land and u get NONE of those- and ur friends on FB are exchanging pics and texting ya bout everything-  u can't help but just reminisce back when u were there with them! 😊 

I do try my BEST to recreate that impression (which I've subconsciously associated with the festival) but I can't- each year I FAIL miserably I feel- 😆  but I can't quit celebrating them! My family would NEVER want me to quit celebrating coz THEY celebrate it themselves! Also, I see these festivals as part of who I am really- I see it as a significant chunk of the "culture" that I belong to- some piece of my "sanskaar" - something that I'd definitely be teaching my kids in the future- whether they like it or not! 😆😆 So it's not really a SAD, gloomy oh-I-m-missing-all-the-fun kinda situation- it's more like gawshh- I-used-to-have-MORE fun out there rather than here.. I m not unique- pretty sure there are plenty others like me- so its cool 😆