Posted: 07 January 2014 at 4:39am | IP Logged
@Debolina hats off to you and I love your post. But please one complaint. Dont call Sooraj an illetrate guy. Illetrate is someone who cannot read and write. Sooraj is school educated and he can read and write hindi perfectly. My only complaint. Even some sites mention him illitrate which I dont like
@Debolina Sooraj was a mama's boy before marriage and he worshipped Bhabo. But he takes independent decisions, but the fact is after the decision is taken he struggles. I mean if Bhabo is angry, not speaking he cannot bear that. Sandhya has to come to solve issues.
He needs Bhabo as an emotional crutch. Let me put you why I say Sooraj needs to be more assertive and come out of Bhabo mania.He has come a long way but he has a long way to go
1) Sooraj stopped Sandhya from being thrown out . But after that when he couldnt speak to Bhabo he was broken and was unable to perform the task. Sandhya went out of her way to ensure Bhabo helped him complete the order
2) He stopped Sandhya from leaving. But in the 15 day test the poor soul went through innumerable humilations which he allowed to happen on her and that included papad fiasco. Thankfully for papad fiasco he stood up for her
3) He enrolled Sandhya in night college against Bhabo's wish. Sandhya was against it. He pushed and pulled her to join the college. But when the truth came out and Bhabo asked him to drown, he simply went to drown. Is that the way the husband should behave. What would have happened to Sandhya if he had died. Bhabo had 2 more sons , but Sandhya what will be of her who is already an orphan and who has kept her faith on you. Was that action right on his side without thinking deciding to die on his mother's command.( Highlighted this because this is one place I would say he failed as a husband )
4)Celibacy vow was taken by him. Sandhya never asked anything about it. She was kind of ok to go forward in her marital life and accept this life for what it is. But then Bhabo made a mockery of her in front of full HG and even asked her again about it in Mandir. He stood a mute spectator.
5) Then came the matka challenge where he stood a mute spectator to the countless ADs that was heaped on Sandhya. He just allowed her to tolerate those and she went on taking the matka challenge.
6) If he stood for right why didnt he speak during 1st MP. There was no proof to say who was lying Chavi or Sandhya. Didnt he knew his sister and wife quite well. Why didnt he assertively say Sandhya is not wrong or we dont have proof who is wrong as Sandhya had completely denied giving papers to Chavi so 1st MP cannot be broken
7) He decided to walk out after SBC. After walking out he went out of the way to prove himself a good brother and good son. Again when Bhabo asked him not to enter house and next day he couldnt see Bhabo he was confused , burnt his hand and Sandhya again humilated herself bending to Bhabo so that mother-son equation is not spoiled.
Yes Sooraj has new thought process, he supports his wife , but his wife now is only at par with his family or we can say family is somewhat above wife if we take the drowning incident.
Sooraj has to change from that. He needs to understand that his wife is paying a heavy price suffering what is called domestic violence because she loves him to the core. She deserves a better life for all the sacrifice and support she has given him. Sooraj has to come out of Bhabo worship. See his mother for what she really is and for once tell her she is wrong . What she is doing to his wife is wrong and he will not tolerate it in any means. And if he says that he needs to ensure that Sandhya doesnt get humilated by his mother and he will ensure her respect and dignity is maintained in his family for what she is , not what his mother wants her to be.
Coming to Lord Krishna, Debolina Lord Krishna respected every woman in his life and at every point has ensured that they get the respect they deserve. From Radha to Rukmini to Sathyabhama does any of the books you have read tell any of these woman suffering any abuse from any member of his family.I dont think so.
Lord Krishna was a man who lived by the rules made by him and had never regretted or looked lost when he was confronted for breaking the rules of society. Sooraj has a long way to go before he can ever compare himself with Lord Krishna. Lord Krishna looks appealing, but it is difficult to live his life based on his ideals as they are not in line with the rule books of society.
and one thing I can assure you @ Debolina is that Sooraj though currently not there he will reach there. If my instincts about how the story is going to flow turns out to be true they are exactly going that way.
Edited by shruthiravi - 07 January 2014 at 4:39am