India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

Dreams ,Desires and Demands (Page 5)

DEBOLINA96 Goldie
DEBOLINA96
DEBOLINA96

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 3:23am | IP Logged
I've put colours to make it interesting..as it's really big!!LOL Continuation...Embarrassed

Sooraj is an illiterate guy who's only 9th pass & is a famous Halwai by profession!! He used to be a very intelligent student,& even was promoted to 10th grade with superb scores..But seeing his family conditions(Babasa's health),he sacrificed his studies,lied to his family that he failed & got into the profession of being a Halwai at an early age of 13-14 years!! So from this one characteristic feature of his got highlighted & i.e.,to him,his family is everything(mainly Bhabo) He made all his younger siblings(Vikram,Mohit & Chavi) study in good Schools & Colleges,so that they get properly educated & get some honorary works!!!Embarrassed

But after he got married to Sandhya,he realized that there is a different World which exists outside his confined World!! I won't go on telling about how SoorYa happened n all,as Shruthi ji has already said it briefly! Clap Even before Sooraj came to know about Sandhya's Dream,he ALWAYS SUPPORTED HER in every single thing..Be it anything minor or anything major!!! Heart The only thing is..Sooraj deals it all in a very MATURED WAY,rather than screaming & acting abnormally like his own mother Bhabo!! This is the fact..hence some of us find him to be a Mamma's boy as he doesn't speak in front of Bhabo!!! But i would rather say..Sooraj is not at all a Mamma's boy..rather Sooraj Rathi is an OBEDIENT son,a LOVING brother & most aptly a PERFECT husband!! Because i've seen Mamma's boy in my life...They do WHATEVER their mother says..Does Sooraj do that or has ever done that??

If yes
,then he wouldn't have taken the full blame on himself to save Sandhya from being thrown out of the house--he wouldn't have lied to Bhabo at that time saying that he already knew about her education!!
If yes
,then Sooraj wouldn't have changed himself to a worst Sooraj(which Sandhya will hate),in order to free Sandhya from their Marriage after seeing the Divorce paper in her bag...as we know that it was against Bhabo's wish!!!
If yes,Sooraj wouldn't have promised Sandhya to fulfill her Dream(when he got to know her Dream & made her confess it to him herself)...because he knew that his family(especially Bhabo) will NEVER EVER approve Sandhya of her Dream!!!
If yes,Sooraj wouldn't have spoken to Bhabo about Sandhya's Dream so bravely in front of all & that he wants to fulfill it by hook or crook..even when Bhabo broke the pot in anger,he still continued speaking of her Dream!!
If yes
,when Bhabo emotionally blackmailed Sandhya to forget her Dream & give her the chiraag of Rathi family..& when Sandhya agreed to it,Sooraj wouldn't have scolded Sandhya to abide by anybody else's wish(Bhabo) & forget her dream!!
If yes
,Sooraj wouldn't have continuously struggled to get Sandhya admission to a College,even when Sandhya was all 'no no' for her Dream due to Bhabo!!!
If yes,Sooraj wouldn't have filled-up the admission form of a Night College SECRETLY for Sandhya,& wouldn't have taken her to the College every night,without the knowledge of Bhabo & others!!
If yes
,Sooraj wouldn't have stood by Sandhya when Bhabo gave the 3 mistakes challenge to Sandhya!! If yes,then Sooraj wouldn't have bought newspapers(which were never allowed in their home), & TV(which was a big no-no for Bhabo) for Sandhya & he wouldn't have speak up against Bhabo regarding it!!
If yes,Sooraj wouldn't have enrolled Sandhya's name for SBC Competition against the wish of Bhabo!!
If yes
,at the finals,when Bhabo blackmailed Sandhya saying that if she wins,she'll have to leave the house with Sooraj...& Sandhya was about to do so,Sooraj wouldn't have forced & motivated Sandhya to win it,inspite of knowing that it's against Bhabo's wish!!
If yes
,Sooraj wouldn't have left the Rathi Mansion with Sandhya (which was the biggest shock for Bhabo) after she won the SBC Competition!
And..if yes
,Sandhya wouldn't have reached so much close to her Dream..because she reached this far,all because of Sooraj's unconditional love & support!!

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

SonerMeye.NJ.manzilmukulVmaa

DEBOLINA96 Goldie
DEBOLINA96
DEBOLINA96

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 3:24am | IP Logged
These are SOME(not all) of the things which Sooraj has been doing since he married Sandhya..And lemme tell you,these are ALL against Bhabo,her wish,her desires & her orders!! So,is he a Mamma's boy still?? NO!! Do you still think now that Sooraj hasn't stood up for the right & against Bhabo?? Lemme define Sooraj a bit differently...Sooraj is unlike Bhabo..& he plays it safe & more maturely..just like Lord Krishna!!! Lord Krishna is considered the World's biggest Strategist,because he used to play it safe,by standing for the right always..but without hurting anyone!!! That is what Sooraj does..he always stands for the right..by his Sandhya..but keeps in mind that Bhabo & his family should not be hurt!! Sooraj Rathi is the real meaning of---Action speaks Louder than Words!!!

P.S.---This is my LONGEST POST/COMMENT EVER!!!! Wacko

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

SonerMeyeshruthiravi.NJ.manzilmukulVmaa

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 4:39am | IP Logged
@Debolina hats off to you and I love your post. But please one complaint. Dont call Sooraj an illetrate guy. Illetrate is someone who cannot read and write. Sooraj is school educated and he can read and write hindi perfectly. My only complaint. Even some sites mention him illitrate which I dont like Big smile

@Debolina Sooraj was a mama's boy before marriage and he worshipped Bhabo. But he takes independent decisions, but the fact is after the decision is taken he struggles. I mean if Bhabo is angry, not speaking he cannot bear that. Sandhya has to come to solve issues.
He needs Bhabo as an emotional crutch. Let me put you why I say Sooraj needs to be more assertive and come out of Bhabo mania.He has come a long way but he has a long way to go

1) Sooraj stopped Sandhya from being thrown out . But after that when he couldnt speak to Bhabo he was broken and was unable to perform the task. Sandhya went out of her way to ensure Bhabo helped him complete the order
2) He stopped Sandhya from leaving. But in the 15 day test the poor soul went through innumerable humilations which he allowed to happen on her and that included papad fiasco. Thankfully for papad fiasco he stood up for her

3) He enrolled Sandhya in night college against Bhabo's wish. Sandhya was against it. He pushed and pulled her to join the college. But when the truth came out and Bhabo asked him to drown, he simply went to drown. Is that the way the husband should behave. What would have happened to Sandhya if he had died. Bhabo had 2 more sons , but Sandhya what will be of her who is already an orphan and who has kept her faith on you. Was that action right on his side without thinking deciding to die on his mother's command.( Highlighted this because this is one place I would say he failed as a husband )

4)Celibacy vow was taken by him. Sandhya never asked anything about it. She was kind of ok to go forward in her marital life and accept this life for what it is. But then Bhabo made a mockery of her in front of full HG and even asked her again about it in Mandir. He stood a mute spectator.

5) Then came the matka challenge where he stood a mute spectator to the countless ADs that was heaped on Sandhya. He just allowed her to tolerate those and she went on taking the matka challenge.

6) If he stood for right why didnt he speak during 1st MP. There was no proof to say who was lying Chavi or Sandhya. Didnt he knew his sister and wife quite well. Why didnt he assertively say Sandhya is not wrong or we dont have proof who is wrong as Sandhya had completely denied giving papers to Chavi so 1st MP cannot be broken

7) He decided to walk out after SBC. After walking out he went out of the way to prove himself a good brother and good son. Again when Bhabo asked him not to enter house and next day he couldnt see Bhabo he was confused , burnt his hand and Sandhya again humilated herself bending to Bhabo so that mother-son equation is not spoiled.

Yes Sooraj has new thought process, he supports his wife , but his wife now is only at par with his family or we can say family is somewhat above wife if we take the drowning incident.

Sooraj has to change from that. He needs to understand that his wife is paying a heavy price suffering what is called domestic violence because she loves him to the core. She deserves a better life for all the sacrifice and support she has given him. Sooraj has to come out of Bhabo worship. See his mother for what she really is and for once tell her she is wrong . What she is doing to his wife is wrong and he will not tolerate it in any means. And if he says that he needs to ensure that Sandhya doesnt get humilated by his mother and he will ensure her respect and dignity is maintained in his family for what she is , not what his mother wants her to be.   

Coming to Lord Krishna, Debolina Lord Krishna respected every woman in his life and at every point has ensured that they get the respect they deserve. From Radha to Rukmini to Sathyabhama does any of the books you have read tell any of these woman suffering any abuse from any member of his family.I dont think so.
Lord Krishna was a man who lived by the rules made by him and had never regretted or looked lost when he was confronted for breaking the rules of society. Sooraj has a long way to go before he can ever compare himself with Lord Krishna. Lord Krishna looks appealing, but it is difficult to live his life based on his ideals as they are not in line with the rule books of society. Big smile and one thing I can assure you @ Debolina is that Sooraj though currently not there he will reach there. If my instincts about how the story is going to flow turns out to be true they are exactly going that way.

Edited by shruthiravi - 07 January 2014 at 4:39am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

NeerjalaherDEBOLINA96.NJ.manzilmukulVmaa

DEBOLINA96 Goldie
DEBOLINA96
DEBOLINA96

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 5:20am | IP Logged
@Shruthi ji..OMG..you read my long comment!! Thanks for that!! LOL Okay then lemme put it in this way...Sooraj is not a 'Man of Letters'!! (I can't call him uneducated..because he's very much educated,as being educated is something completely different from being illiterate)Embarrassed

Well..i read the whole thing you wrote,& i agree with the drowning part & also the 1st matka phod incident..At that time,even i was irked seeing him drowning!!Ouch Only these 2 activities did make me agitated with Sooraj!!! Disapprove According to me,i think the reasons for Sooraj's staying mute may be..(1) Sooraj has always served for his family..& it's like everything to him (2) As we know education plays a vital role in an individual's life..& Sooraj is just 9th pass..This is a very important reason which makes him mute..I feel! Embarrassed

And the rest which you pointed out..You highlighted about his weakness for Bhabo,right? But whatever you said,except the drowning & 1st MP incidents,in all the points Sooraj went against Bhabo..isn't it? Till now,there weren't a single incident(related to Sandhya) where Sooraj didn't go against Bhabo..In every case,he did go against Bhabo,& always stood by Sandhya!! See,according to your points--(1) Which child won't be heartbroken when his/her mother/father stops talking to him/her?? That's what happened with Sooraj..but still,even after Bhabo stopped talking to him,he didn't leave Sandhya's side..(2) Sooraj again stood by Sandhya & spoke against Bhabo after the papad fiasco! (3) I agree! (4)
And the celibacy vow..i mean,he did it for Sandhya only..He made that promise for Sandhya's Dream & happiness,& through this,he actually went against Bhabo again!!!(6) I agree! (7) Same like i told in your point no.1..It's quite natural for a child to react restlessly when his/her mom/dad behaves in such a way..But again,still he didn't leave Sandhya's side!!!

So the thing which you're calling a 'Mamma's boy' nature,i think that's pretty normal for such obedient & caring sons/daughters..The reason,i mentioned above!! Big smile Sooraj Rathi is rather,undoubtedly a Sachcha Jeevansaathi!!! Approve Because no matter what,he has always stood by her wife & has supported her always..by going against his Bhabo EVERYTIME!! And i didn't compare Sooraj with my Kanha..See,i'm a huge Devotee of Lord Krishna..& thus i know all her teachings & stories n all..Heart I only related a part of Lord Krishna's nature with Sooraj's..Just like He used to play it all safe,Sooraj too does the same!!! Embarrassed 

Edited by DEBOLINA96 - 07 January 2014 at 5:17am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

.NJ.shruthiraviVmaa

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 6:17am | IP Logged
@Debolina we both are in same boat. I am also a big devotee of Lord Krishna , Guruvayoor Shri Krishna Temple being my favourite. I really really respect Lord Krishna for what he is. His teachings, his ideals everything has an individual stamp on it. I would say he is the only God you can see the way you want. As a child, as a lover, as a friend, a brother you name the relation he will appear to you in that form Big smile and ever perfect in every role Big smile

Sooraj has a Krishna in him. His thoughts are really high. But his actions also need to match all those thoughts and he will become ideal.

Edited by shruthiravi - 07 January 2014 at 6:15am

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

DEBOLINA96.NJ.Vmaa

manzilmukul IF-Sizzlerz
manzilmukul
manzilmukul

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 7:53am | IP Logged
@Every one Thanks for the overwhelming responses.I need time to read and respond but I will certainly reply to you all.Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

MR21.NJ.

.NJ. IF-Sizzlerz
.NJ.
.NJ.

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 8:41am | IP Logged
nice post TM

Shruthi and Debo...very nice comments...actually I think the problem is CVs always try to balance suraj as a good son and husband and balance sandhya as a good citizen and a good family girl... this is something impossible to show, that's why it becomes inconsistent at times...I still remember when suraj hid about night college, majority forum members were not happy though that act actually helped to kickstart sandy's dream, so when he does something there is always a good and a bad side too...sometimes we ask why cant he tell off bhabo and bring sandhya out of RM, but I think that is not his character and I dont think this will ever change in DABH

but finally, suraj has achieved what he wants-sandy to conquer her dream with bhabo's permission...his mission is accomplished...and he did it in his own way...

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

shruthiravi

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 07 January 2014 at 9:08am | IP Logged
@niruba they are showing the evolution of both Sooraj and Sandhya. Sandhya will come out of RM. The balloons signified that and Sooraj will follow her. But the reason as I said will be very strong.

Go to top