Kamla's dreams? Fair or unfair

Sakhile thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Kamla has two very definite dreams for her two daughters.

For Kalpi, she dreams of an educated woman who will become a "Madam" some day. We must assume "Madam" means:
- people like Neetu and her kitty party friends,
- people who employ servants and themselves do very little house work
- a successful career woman
- an independent person who relies on herself and her own resources.

For Paakhi she dreams of a rajkumar who will marry Paakhi and take her to live happily in his Mahal. With this trapping we must assume that she means:
-  Paakhi will live a luxurious carefree life as she will have a loving husband to take care of all her needs.
- Paakhi would not live independently but continue to be dependent, this time on her husband to fulfill all her needs.

Is Kamla being fair to either of the girls with these two diametrically opposed reams for each one?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

OmkaraKiParvati thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
kamla is dumb according to me. first she can't differentiate between her biological daughter and Princess Pakhi. Second, just to pay her mother's hospital money, Kalpi went to work in he Kapoor's house and Kamla sent her to the hostel. Abd third, she has to stop hurting Kalpi like this which i know she won't.
suresh555 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Kamla's logic is even confusing to the gods ðŸ˜†
shahsb_26 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail + 8
Fair or Unfair!

She herself is just imperfect.. as a mother or even as a maid! Ignore..
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Kamla is a parent in order to understand her logic you have to be in her shoes see the world from her point of view!
If she is fair or not to both girls I can't say
This is a very interesting show!
Sakhile thumbnail

Originally posted by: shahsb_26

Fair or Unfair!

She herself is just imperfect.. as a mother or even as a maid! Ignore..

I can't ignore her, she is after all the protagonist of this show. Yes, she's imperfect and that is what makes her a credible character. She shows the imperfections in us all.
Sakhile thumbnail

Originally posted by: sb1410

Kamla is a parent in order to understand her logic you have to be in her shoes see the world from her point of view!
If she is fair or not to both girls I can't say
This is a very interesting show!

Yes thsi is a very interesting show particularly because of the complexity of this character. I am intrigued by Kamla's ability to have such different dreams for two different children. That she has no aspirations for Pakya also intrigues me.
Sharlene1410 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
I wonder if the reason why there is no aspiration for PaKhi is because she is born to a rich family and Kamla expects her to marry a rich man and have a happy life and her daughter Kalpi needs to have a good education get a great job become some who people can look up too and remove herself from the life of poverity it is the dream of most poor souls that their children do better in life than them.
Sakhile thumbnail

Originally posted by: sb1410

I wonder if the reason why there is no aspiration for PaKhi is because she is born to a rich family and Kamla expects her to marry a rich man and have a happy life and her daughter Kalpi needs to have a good education get a great job become some who people can look up too and remove herself from the life of poverity it is the dream of most poor souls that their children do better in life than them.

I agree that most people dream of a better life for their children. However, why does Kamla not dream of a good man to marry Kalpi too and for Paakhi to become an independent woman too?  Why does she not dream that they bot can have it all?
I think this may be due to the fact that she dreams rather narrowly and has set her aspirations rather low. I would have like for her to believe that women can have both independence and love.