JungFrau Goldie
JungFrau
JungFrau

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 9:36am | IP Logged
Originally posted by blue-ice

Originally posted by JungFrau

Originally posted by rogerrocks

I don't get it when people keep saying that Aamir is a MISCAST even after watching the movie... Confused Honestly I could understand it when people said it before the movie had released but even then I knew that D3 won't be a regular Dhoom movie ...otherwise Aamir wouldn't have done it in the first place...because regular Dhoom movies are all about glamor and the technique of stealing whatever they are stealing ...but D3 was more of acting oriented with Aamir getting to play a double role...and that's why he did it...and Aamir did an amazing job...

Talash was also a very good movie...Just because its subject was something that didn't click with the audience...that it didn't work...otherwise Aamir's acting was top notch in that movie too...

Even after watching the movie, i felt he was miscastLOLI like Aamir tbh but this is genuinely what i felt..I thought he was good with the autistic part but the bad guy role din work for me..It requires someone like HR IMO..Or probably an SRK who aces anti-hero roles..But Aamir came across as wannabish to me..But thats just meLOLI liked the movie as a whole thoughLOL

I am all for a young bad ass but if YRF wanted to take a superstar khan, why couldnt they take SRK?? He would have brought the much needed tashan and action to the movie Cry

Shahrukh was offered D3...just found this out from another thread LOL ...but I am glad if not Shahrukh then Aamir did and aced it...I want all the records to stay between Aamir and Shahrukh... LOL LOL

Why did he reject? AngryLOL Everyone hails SRK as king of romance blah blah but the only SRK I like is badass or extremely serious SRK (like CDI)

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Debarati7saltaBeautyful_Messblue-ice.

blue-ice. IF-Addictz
blue-ice.
blue-ice.

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 9:42am | IP Logged

Why did he reject? AngryLOL Everyone hails SRK as king of romance blah blah but the only SRK I like is badass or extremely serious SRK (like CDI)

well he rejected because Shahrukh has ZERO SCRIPT SENSE Angry Angry ...I agree...no one can play a badass character better than Shahrukh Tongue ...but the D3 characters of Aamir was not really a negative role if u look at it...One was an adorable autistic character and the other one was taking revenge for his father's death...so none of them were really negative characters..and Aamir did full justice to it...I mean I can understand people not liking D3...because it wasn't the regular Dhoom movie...but I don't get it why people are calling it the worst performance of aamir?? Confused Confused
angrybread IF-Sizzlerz
angrybread
angrybread

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 9:48am | IP Logged
Agree with TM .
After D3 experience i don't think i will be able to watch amir's movies without thinking twice.
JungFrau Goldie
JungFrau
JungFrau

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 9:53am | IP Logged

well he rejected because Shahrukh has ZERO SCRIPT SENSE Angry Angry ...I agree...no one can play a badass character better than Shahrukh Tongue ...but the D3 characters of Aamir was not really a negative role if u look at it...One was an adorable autistic character and the other one was taking revenge for his father's death...so none of them were really negative characters..and Aamir did full justice to it...I mean I can understand people not liking D3...because it wasn't the regular Dhoom movie...but I don't get it why people are calling it the worst performance of aamir?? Confused Confused

lol thats because Aamir was playing it. Im sure Aamir first agreed to do D3 and then they came up with the script even if they are telling otherwise. No way YRF would come up with this story if they had SRK in mind LOL  The craze and hype around D3 was because of its predecessors which were action packed thrillers with tashan. No one was expecting an emotional bhai-bhai story Stern Smile  If SRK played it, im sure it would have lived upto the hype interms of what audience expected. I personally hated Aamir as Sahir. He was okayish as Samar but it reminded me of MNIK lol. Not the worst performance of his career but definitely worst of recent times if compared with 3I, RDB, TZP, Talaash, Fanah.
Johnny.Balraj IF-Rockerz
Johnny.Balraj
Johnny.Balraj

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 9:57am | IP Logged
I really hope Aamir never does a film like dhoom3 again...I  want more of RDB, TZP, 3idiots, DCH,  Lagaan type films in future from Aamir.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDrama.Sad.But.True.

ZorZorSe IF-Rockerz
ZorZorSe
ZorZorSe

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 12:12pm | IP Logged
but i liked his performance in Dhoom3 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

blue-ice.

Stone-Cold IF-Dazzler
Stone-Cold
Stone-Cold