Views

Users

Frequent Posters

farah53 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: Rasgulla_sp

Haiyyye mere ArHi...

Fari why would anyone be harsh to SI on the RR forum. The show is HERS is one thing but she is a fine actress. What is the issue then?

Who have a problem tho? Former IPKians?

No Saiyu..Former IPKians defend her.. IPK fans can never badmouth Sanz on the RR forum..Because the IPKians who are there are SaRun/ArShi/Sanaya/Khushi fans..Not those barun pankhis who used to talk against her..

But some Ashish/Ankita/GC fans bash Sanz..They say she's too urban for the role.. & her appearance is too polished & she can't speak in the rajasthani dialect & blah blah blah..

My points are:
1. I am disappointed at Sanaya's character development as of yet.. She hasn't had a single arch till now to show what she is made of.. If we recollect the first few weeks of IPK, it was mainly about Khushi! She was in Delhi by the 2nd week's end.. & in RR, she hasn't been given 40 handful of words yet! She has been her usual brilliant self in her scenes, but as opposed to the Dhoom resembling hero & his action sequence, she barely gets noticed!

2. People complain of her rajasthani accent.. They say she's not as good as the hero.. Firstly, she's not a naive rajasthani as Ashish..He is a rajput no less! He was born & brought up in Jaipur as he said in his segment with Sanz. So its not fair to compare them. Plus, what's with all the heavy rajasthani language?? I feel like I am watching Chennai Express while I watch RR!! Dump the rajasthani altogether, please! 
Rasgulla_sp thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: farah53

No Saiyu..Former IPKians defend her.. IPK fans can never badmouth Sanz on the RR forum..Because the IPKians who are there are SaRun/ArShi/Sanaya/Khushi fans..Not those barun pankhis who used to talk against her..

But some Ashish/Ankita/GC fans bash Sanz..They say she's too urban for the role.. & her appearance is too polished & she can't speak in the rajasthani dialect & blah blah blah.. About her appearance... Fari I am an SI fan but I couldnt handle her on screen for the 2 secs that I saw her. My reason is that her look is too polished or urbane (not her, but her look). She is the only one bouncing in the shortest, backless choli with her folded dupatta worn like a sash exposing her torso which is exactly what a dupatta is supposed to conceal. This is not the Khushi of the cities Lucknow or Delhi... this is a small Rajasthani village and if the makers actually shot in Rajasthan and have been there like I did then they shouldnt glamorize and urbanise her deglam role. What irks me is that SI is more than a pretty face and a slim body. Sorry, even if it were SaRun in RR, this would have still bothered me no end. Kuch nahi toh makers could have learnt a point or two from the made up Rajasthan of Balika Vahu for the clothes if not the actual Rajasthan they visited

My points are:
1. I am disappointed at Sanaya's character development as of yet.. She hasn't had a single arch till now to show what she is made of.. If we recollect the first few weeks of IPK, it was mainly about Khushi! She was in Delhi by the 2nd week's end.. & in RR, she hasn't been given 40 handful of words yet! She has been her usual brilliant self in her scenes, but as opposed to the Dhoom resembling hero & his action sequence, she barely gets noticed! But SI is excited about the show and she knows it is her vehicle. Probably her character development will come later. Nautanki also knows that the crowd puller is SI. Her character will gain importance once she marries the lead guy.

2. People complain of her rajasthani accent.. They say she's not as good as the hero.. Firstly, she's not a naive rajasthani as Ashish..He is a rajput no less! He was born & brought up in Jaipur as he said in his segment with Sanz. So its not fair to compare them. Plus, what's with all the heavy rajasthani language?? I feel like I am watching Chennai Express while I watch RR!! Dump the rajasthani altogether, please!  Fari I disagree here.  He being a Rajput born and brought up in Rajasthan helps him and the fact that she can barely speak Hindi let alone get the Rajasthani accent right doesnt work well for her... I get it. But it is not a question of comparison. On the show, both are Rajasthanis. Both have to be equally good at the language. You cant dump the Rajasthani altogether. Why take the trouble of basing the entire show there??? The clothes, the set up, the sands, the attitude, everything is Rajasthani. Their dialects should be too. Balika Vadhu, Na aana iss des, qubool hain, or any other show not based in urbane India feels authentic only because the actors get the dialect and diction right. Most of the times audiences only hear them talking...

I remember K and La talking about Chennai Express and how many people found Deepika's accent dissatisfactory. People actually notice these things.

If she cant pull off a Rajasthani accent she shouldnt have been chosen for this role or she shouldnt have picked this for herself. Or better... they could have done workshops with her till she got it right before shooting.

Edited by Rasgulla_sp - 10 years ago
farah53 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
Saiyu I agree with you in 2 points & disagree on the 3rd one..
yes her look is too polished & too urbane & too unreal for a deglam village girl. But I think the reason is, & this is solely my thought, that firstly the makers want to enhance her beauty because of rudra's father's cautionary tale to him that beautiful girls can never be anyone's. I think the colorful, flashy clothes are there, because, next week onwards, Paro will be a widow, stripped off of all color & chamkila things. They may have wanted to emphasize that.

& yes, I agree, & I am waiting for her character involvement after she becomes a widow..a first for sanz (& I am so happy its a first for her & it didn't happen in my show!)

& I disagree that, without all out rajasthani from sanz the show wouldn't feel authentic. I will talk of two show here:

1.I have seen more QH than I care to admit.. A khala of mine followed it. Uttering Allah Miya & adding Miya after each male character's name while calling him & adding ayen-gayen(Arabic letters) to each word's diction doesn't make it any more authentic to me than if they hadn't done it. I HATE THAT SHOW!

2. IPK smelled of Lucknow till the very end! It screamed of Lucknow! But main characters of the show, like Arnav, Anjali, Akaash never uttered so much as 10 lucknowi words! But Nani & Bua, & the elders characters were out and out Lucknowi & that made it authentic to the T! So I think, even in RR's case too, there is not that much need for the leads to garble incomprehensible rajasthani all the freakin' time! The elder characters could do it all the time, but spare the leads! They can speak in the simplified rajasthani that BV leads speak in! Even  in BV the more rigorous rajasthani is reserved only for the bhabi character & every other character speaks a much watered down version of rajasthani..Anandi speaks more of a shudh hindi than rajsthani in fact
Kalyaani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
At Pheonix Mall eating pasta with my cp m
Rasgulla_sp thumbnail

yes her look is too polished & too urbane & too unreal for a deglam village girl. But I think the reason is, & this is solely my thought, that firstly the makers want to enhance her beauty because of rudra's father's cautionary tale to him that beautiful girls can never be anyone's. I think the colorful, flashy clothes are there, because, next week onwards, Paro will be a widow, stripped off of all color & chamkila things. They may have wanted to emphasize that. This is the reason for all the unnecessary skin show??? Sorry but I dont buy it. SI looks out of place with everyone else fully clothes but her... I have no issues with the colors of the outfit. Rajasthan is known for colorful clothes... And forget the forum. This is what I personally dislike about RR and SI's character.

& yes, I agree, & I am waiting for her character involvement after she becomes a widow..a first for sanz (& I am so happy its a first for her & it didn't happen in my show!)

& I disagree that, without all out rajasthani from sanz the show wouldn't feel authentic. I will talk of two show here:

1.I have seen more QH than I care to admit.. A khala of mine followed it. Uttering Allah Miya & adding Miya after each male character's name while calling him & adding ayen-gayen(Arabic letters) to each word's diction doesn't make it any more authentic to me than if they hadn't done it. I HATE THAT SHOW! Fari in India more people speak Hindi/ Madwadi/ Punjabi/ and other local languages than they do Urdu. Muslims are a minority and Urdu is more or less confined to Lucknow and small UP/MP towns. I have had non-muslims ask me the difference between Arabic Urdu and Persian as for many all is the same. Toh  QH main thoda bhi Urdu people get awed. That is why I also mentioned Na aana and BV... And there are so many others re.

2. IPK smelled of Lucknow till the very end! It screamed of Lucknow! But main characters of the show, like Arnav, Anjali, Akaash never uttered so much as 10 lucknowi words! But Nani & Bua, & the elders characters were out and out Lucknowi & that made it authentic to the T! So I think, even in RR's case too, there is not that much need for the leads to garble incomprehensible rajasthani all the freakin' time! The elder characters could do it all the time, but spare the leads! They can speak in the simplified rajasthani that BV leads speak in! Even  in BV the more rigorous rajasthani is reserved only for the bhabi character & every other character speaks a much watered down version of rajasthani..Anandi speaks more of a shudh hindi than rajsthani in fact IPK was a show based in Delhi. Arnav and Anjali moved out of Lnow when they were kids. Aakash was never there. Their schooling and up bringing was in Delhi... They  would look out of place being Lnowi. The elder characters had their roots in Lnow and had stayed there for long. Their language therefore reflected it. Payal and Khushi grew up in a Lucknow which was a growing town. Therefore the proper Hindi and not the Lnowi of Bua, Nani et al.

But in RR's case, those characters have been born and brought up in a small Rajasthani village. They are supposed to speak Rajasthani and that is it. I read in one article it is a very small, cut from the world kinda village where people still find partition something they cant relate to. So, their entire world is their village. If they dont speak Rajasthani it will look odd. And BV ka town in Rajasthan is a way more developed one than that of RR with proper schools, hospitals, even a microwave!!! They are more connected to the world outside. Upon that Anandi has done her schooling in Hindi. Therefore the Hindi re...

The more I read your comments, the more I realise BV has done some great work on their characters and RR has done a sketchy one.

If you choose to reply to it do it in a fresh post

Edited by Rasgulla_sp - 10 years ago
Kalyaani thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6

yes her look is too polished & too urbane & too unreal for a deglam village girl. But I think the reason is, & this is solely my thought, that firstly the makers want to enhance her beauty because of rudra's father's cautionary tale to him that beautiful girls can never be anyone's. I think the colorful, flashy clothes are there, because, next week onwards, Paro will be a widow, stripped off of all color & chamkila things. They may have wanted to emphasize that.

1.I have seen more QH than I care to admit.. A khala of mine followed it. Uttering Allah Miya & adding Miya after each male character's name while calling him & adding ayen-gayen(Arabic letters) to each word's diction doesn't make it any more authentic to me than if they hadn't done it. I HATE THAT SHOW!

2. IPK smelled of Lucknow till the very end! It screamed of Lucknow! But main characters of the show, like Arnav, Anjali, Akaash never uttered so much as 10 lucknowi words! But Nani & Bua, & the elders characters were out and out Lucknowi & that made it authentic to the T! So I think, even in RR's case too, there is not that much need for the leads to garble incomprehensible rajasthani all the freakin' time! The elder characters could do it all the time, but spare the leads! They can speak in the simplified rajasthani that BV leads speak in! Even in BV the more rigorous rajasthani is reserved only for the bhabi character & every other character speaks a much watered down version of rajasthani..Anandi speaks more of a shudh hindi than rajsthani in fact

Fari my dear I agree
Rasgulla_sp thumbnail

Originally posted by: Kalyaani

At Pheonix Mall eating pasta with my cp m

We also have a Pheonix Mall in Mumbai 😃

Enjoy!
asrcraze thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5

Aree dont say that. She tells over the phone to K and Baby as our cc is stalked.

Sami also knows whatever is said on the cc only.

And calls to UK are expensive...

Dil chota matt kar

Haan Sonii... And I have gone out only twice and both times I mentioned it here without going into too much details...

Don't say I don't trust you...bohot bura lagta hai... 
asrcraze thumbnail

Hello girls..sorry for the disappearance for the past couple of days.. 

La, I have a bad headache!Any remedial suggestions?

I know of one remedy and I see you already took it :D

Sorry Fari...My cousins came back with me when we came from the movie so I could not come online 
asrcraze thumbnail

We also have a Pheonix Mall in Mumbai 😃

Enjoy!

Phoenix opened in Chennai a few months back too... Biggest of all malls here now