[IO] CC#99 - Iss CC ko kya naam doon :S - Page 69

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by Kalyaani

Oh is that so...MB was a super successful launch...it was well hyped and DD was hot then...

Yeah, MB had the biggest opening ever! No other show has opened to 2.8 ever before! But how can RR's be 1.5? Aren't these things published in TVT points now?

& things are different. MB was touted as DD's comeback show & RR as SI's show. But DD was coming off from Geet! & SI is coming off from Chhanchhan, not IPK.

& Geet & PKYEK ended on the same day in a 2 or so hour long crossover epi & the channel shut down with it too. I know cos Sanaya danced with Gurmeet on that epi. & ever since the fans of those two shows had heard DD & VD were coming together, the hype only increased.

Now imagine if our show & that behna show had gone off air on the same day, with one big celebratory cross-over epi & then somehow SI & that Karan Tacker guy came together in a show immediately after that.. like immediately! MB had a lot of extra buzz for very legitimate reasons.
Originally posted by asrcraze

Arre K I'm just trying to understand you know ... that show is so so unrealistic and when it first went on air I had wondered whoever put them as leads... I had to actually search hard to spot them and conclude that they're the leads ! 

IPk for all its popularity never had good TRPs while Ballika Vadhu is still running with good ratings

Gopi bahu 🤢
No story...it is still like it was when it started

Akshara aunty 🤢

Somebody tries something new and people don't want it ! 

True. Our show's highest TRP was 4.9 after the PayAsh sangeet week, second to DABH's 5.2.

But I know why our show never had that much TRP despite its insane popularity.

Demography!

See, DABH, Gopi Bahu, BV?? All rustic/Indian themed shows. Audience: Women, middle-class families, rural population!

IPK? Love story, urban-centric, urban middle-class to be wider.. Audience: 13-30 women, urban middle-class, international population.

Now, DABH type serial has a wider & vast number of TV watching audience. & less tech savvy audience. Hence high TRP & less craze about it in the world wide web

IPK has a fair number of viewer... BUT, they are tech savvy, as a result, IPK has a viral craze around net & among teen & tweens... & also,most  people tended to watch epis on YT or other net sources. 

& for the first set of viewers, these DABH or Saathiya were the only programs which catered to their entertainment needs. You & I, who watch IPK, we watched it on TV & on YT, & we also had our entertainment doses from Grey's Anatomy, Castle or many such thing, like any urban middle class family.

See, anywhere on TV, urban based shows are lower on TRP chart..The whole channel, Sony, is low on the TRP chart, as it has the most urban based show for a GEC.
Edited by farah53 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Rasgulla_sp

IPK never had the stellar TRPs that the saas bahu sagas of that time did.

MB wasnt promoted even half as much as RR. But it opened to 2.8 which is considered to be the highest on tv so far (and look what has happened to the show today 🤢). For RR they pulled out all stops.

But worry not guys. RR will do well. Love hate and Rajasthan. It has two things in its favour. These two concepts have not failed on Indian tv so far.

VD was as big a name when MB started. In fact, he was also fresher in audience's minds. People find DVD hot together. Toh theek hain na. Unki marzi.

Beintehaa is 1.4 right? For some reason I really want that show to do well. It is targetted towards over-throwing QH... Sigh...

Btw, KSG's exit hasnt really hampered QH. Its TRPs went up. Not that I mind. Gul ko KSG se sukoon nahi mila mujhe ussme sukoon mila 😛

Word for word 👏

Fari need help. You there?

Bolo?
I love beintehaar ..
So I hope it does well..
Atm it's good and lighthearted pranks
Between the leads..some feel that RR will defo rule.. As it will have intensity ..
I can feel it for themEdited by .x-bumblebee-x. - 10 years ago
Soni if RR opened to 1.5, Beintehaa opened to 1.4. And it is a love hate story too. It will pick up too. It has to. It is a tried and tested genre on Indian tv

Soni and Fari, in a WA grp convo if you attach a pic can you remove it before other grp members come and see it?
Edited by Rasgulla_sp - 10 years ago

Okk

but what would your teacher get by doing this?

I have no idea..
We are already on our 3 topic..
But still doing coursework on the 1st topic!

Soni if RR opened to 1.5, Beintehaa opened to 1.4. And it is a love hate story too. It will pick up too. It has to. It is a tried and tested genre on Indian tv

Soni an Fari, in a WA grp convo if you attach a pic can you remove it before other grp members come and see it?

Yes..Just select it, & delete.

Edit: But yes..It will be saved into the group members's WA pics (received) folder.
Edited by farah53 - 10 years ago

Soni if RR opened to 1.5, Beintehaa opened to 1.4. And it is a love hate story too. It will pick up too. It has too. It is a tried and tested genre on Indian tv

Soni an Fari, in a WA grp convo if you attach a pic can you remove it before other grp members come and see it?

If it's sent.. It sent..
& stores into the phone..
Unless the person deletes it..

If you managed to cancel the picture before sending then yeh!
If that made any sense