Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Padfoot_Prongs thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
i think most of the time CVs were busy in doing something different and unpredictable. when many people said heroine track will come after unwedding, they pushed it as it was predicted.

or ab itna mahaan bana diya h ki people have stopped predicting itself.
Krinya thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 500 0 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: zoya_naziya

Charu , a Mr. Somebody came only one month after the unwedding.. So why blame the channel for killing off Balraj n not going with the heroine plot?
I agree that the entire Bhai fiasco was channel ka kiya Kara. But you cannot blame them for every lost good opportunity of bringing in the heroine track!

Zoya, a lot was planned and scrapped at the last moment..its your choice to believe me..its of no use discussing it..neither the PH or channel or actors came out with their complaints in open...i can only say that we can never guess what constraints they are working under...it's easy to blame to CVs for everything that goes wrong, but in the last one yr, we did get some awesome moments and episodes too..and we credit only DVD for that..that's unfair...you know me, i like ghatiya se ghatiya episodes also..i hardly complain...I got annoyed with that female's statement that's it..

a few days back, ST admitted to his mistake that he ignored MB , their execution of every track was poor and they should have devoted more time to it...for DVD, ST didn't give any statement, so I don't see any reason to crucify him at this juncture...
Krinya thumbnail
Originally posted by: Poluk

@ Charu - Just tell me one thing which show relies so heavily on its leads. Out of the 22 minutes time, 15 minutes have to be devoted by DVD. ST has never been able to develop side characters or side plots.

They could have shown Sikki falling in love with some other girl or developed some other side characters. They always choose horrible sub plots  and depict them even worser like Deepali Pabho freindship or Bittuji and Roma 🤢 so obviously they fail and the burden stays on the lead couple.

In no other shows the leads have to give so much screen time. it is not as if the leads there don't take holidays.

I agree that some spacing between the holidays should be there but then again when people are overworked or misused beyond a certain limit they end up saying to hell with it. I am not saying  that especially VD is not at fault here but he is not the only one wrong. NF is equally to blame.

For us it is a show which we are emotionally attached with, for them it is work plain and simple and that too very tiring and taxing work. 

If they had been taking leaves off and on just like that it would have been ok but new year, birthdays and anniversarys have to be exempted.  

Ok NF has got serious now with the show but think about if from DVD's point of view also. Why should they pay with their personal time for NF's fault?

Its like my Boss goes on a vacation from Monday to Friday (while I am working in office) and then asks me to work on Saturday and Sunday also as an important report to be filed. Will I not shout 'NOT FAIR'?

Shruti, it's the other way round..you are only seeing it from DVD's POV while I am seeing it from the PH POV also...If your employee tells you that he is going on a week long break tomorrow, will you not get annoyed at him and ask him to at least inform you in advance ? do you know that they don't have any banked episode otherwise ? neither is he overworked, nor misused..he and along with him, all actors and technicians who work in daily soaps know, that this is how they work normally ! they get heavily paid for this and get lot of appreciation and accolades from us..this is not plain work for them, this is their dal roti and their ladder to success...for us, it's a normal routine task...

If VD think like this, ke to hell with them, i need time out, well and good..but I will never defend him..it's wrong...now he had to work 24 hrs to complete his scenes for this week, why should the entire star cast suffer bec. he has to take an off? why should they work for 24 hrs? see, we may not come to know that they took an off and how the shooting was coordinated...we will see them on screen everyday..but it's hell of a problem for the CVs..this is my personal opinion, i'm not asking anyone to agree with me..i am not NF spokesperson..

they bank heavily on their leads, etc. etc. etc. i don't want to get into this debate..this is the format of the show and they have maintained it for year and a half..it's a love story, not a family saga ..i agree they should have done it but for DVD fans, isnt is good that they get full screen time? that they get full chance to display their talent? tell me, what else do we like in MB except DVD? I toh don't feel like watching it if VD is not screen...

NF is to be blamed for the debacle of MB, I never denied it..nor did ST..he admitted tht their execution was poor and they didn't devote time to it which was required..nor did he blame DVD..so whats the hassle?  
silent.desire thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
Charu - Charu sorry to interrupt but if NF people or any team member would have been suffering so much or would have been thought like you saying pissed off from DVD's holidays they would have never passed their holidays then.

When one employee asked for a holiday the boss see to it whether he will cover his loss and then will we able to manage without them. When they are satisfied then only they pass their holiday. Same logic is applied here. When VD is required now... and they have banked the scene. From two weeks hardly we getting DD. So now when VD is in holiday they will shot important scenes of Madhu as well. Even DD needed to give screen space. I don't think it is right blame in so bigger manner. I agree that VD take holidays but still the way you are saying that you are seeing from PH pov so I am saying if they have no problem then why we should have problem. They will manage it only my one biggest problem is DD's body double is convincing and hope they bring VD's body double also convincing because he is not so at times it looked pissed off. That set.
Poluk thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ Charu I am not saying that VD just disappearing on  a 5 day leave was not wrong or that lady VD is is not immaturity and unprofessionalism personified. I need a week's vacation in February for which I intimated my office in December. All that is there.

The only thing I am saying is that blaming them so stringently for taking a few vacations in my opinion is wrong when they are already working 24*7.  People have a right to get bored and tired. Even a housewife wants eating out on sundays.

I guess we are looking at things from two totally different perspectives in this case.So lets just agree to disagree. If the episodes turn out to be crap - milkar gaali denge.😊

Edited by Poluk - 10 years ago
zoya_naziya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: _charu_

Zoya, a lot was planned and scrapped at the last moment..its your choice to believe me..its of no use discussing it..neither the PH or channel or actors came out with their complaints in open...i can only say that we can never guess what constraints they are working under...it's easy to blame to CVs for everything that goes wrong, but in the last one yr, we did get some awesome moments and episodes too..and we credit only DVD for that..that's unfair...you know me, i like ghatiya se ghatiya episodes also..i hardly complain...I got annoyed with that female's statement that's it..

a few days back, ST admitted to his mistake that he ignored MB , their execution of every track was poor and they should have devoted more time to it...for DVD, ST didn't give any statement, so I don't see any reason to crucify him at this juncture...

I agree that there is no need to crucify ST at this point that too to such an extent.. Charu his statement was open ended and it can be interpreted in different ways.
Agree that DVD have got max appreciation but the cvs have also got their fair share of appreciation and accolades from the fans during their glorious run of the show..
When a show starts down sliding, people tune into to watch their favorite characters n hence automatically the credit goes to them from then on , coz they become the reason for one to continue watching.. So one cannot complain that the cvs are not given their due after a poor run of the show by the fans.. For instance, despite RKs characterization having gone haywire , I still stuck to the show coz of RK - may be I was addicted , otherwise I would have moved on Longtime back..
The moment the show comes back on track in terms of storyline, the cvswill get their due credit back..

The collective blame for the debacle of the show lies on everyone associated with the show-not just the channel or PH.. If only channel was responsible, NF would not have collaborated with them for their new venture n if the PH was responsible, the channel would not have given NF a chance and that too the new venture being touted as a magnum opus.. So the real story no one knows.. People can say channel ne barbaad kar diya, PH be barbaad kar diya, actors ne barbaad kar diya, etc, etcetera.. Kaun jaane ki actually what happens!

And last but not the least, I don't even want to comment on VD's wife and her juvenile comments!! She ain't worth it.
Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Charu - The actors take off only when the producers allow them too. When VD had gone for honeymoon, he wasn't sure till the last 3-4 days if he will be given off or not. It was PH's decision to give him the leave. Vahbiz said that on twitter that they'll only go if VD is granted the leave.

Similarly DD was granted new years leave only after they started the KRK track. It's not like ke actors say I am going tomorrow and they pack their bags and leave. No job allows that. And if that was the case, then we would have seen 1000 media reports on their unprofessionalism. 

And Bhai track was planned way back in December. They delayed it because they wanted to wrap up Ballu track before.
Valar.Morghulis thumbnail

Maria, the answer to your first 3 points is that ST never wanted Balraj to be killed off..they had planned the heroine track with Balraj bec. this is what they showed..Madhu will bring his downfall..but the whole plot was changed bec. Mr. somebody had to be accommodated...We must thank ST , it was only bec. of him tht RK and Madhu got married...otherwise channel was insisting on changing the whole plot to suit Mr. favorite... it was only after his exit that the channel gave a freehand to ST, when they saw tht TRPs plummeted bec. of their poor decisions...it was ST's mistake that heroine track wasn't implemented properly...but there also i won't blame him completely, he was under pressure to get the TRPs going...they had to change the tracks every week and month bec. they never got the TRPs..their execution was poor...heroine track was never planned this way...that is entirely their fault..but now when the TRPs r showing some improvement and a track is acceptable to the fans, after probably RM's wedding, and they are working hard on it, the actors are not cooperating?

ST was busy with RR and MB was ignored...but tell me, who doesn't face this problem? When IPK started Geet was ignored and when QH was conceptualized, IPK was ignored..this is what I heard from their fans...It happened with Ekta too..does she create mind blowing soaps? 

leads taking an off is a different issue..these questions will come to anybody's mind..why consequitive holidays ? have them spaced out...have them coordinated with your co stars...i am not guessing this, my sources are very reliable ðŸ¤£ the twitter !! She herself said tht Goa was a last minute decision..and this leave taking business wouldn't have blown out of proportion if she didn't bark on the fans on twitter..

Charu, I am sorry but I give credit where I think it's due. I understand that channel meddled a lot and also understand that it was because of ST that RishBala got married but this does not undo the fact that he has ruined the story in many ways also. I blame both channel and ST for ruining the show! 

Okay... the channel wanted AM in the story... there were several ways to bring in a third angle... why do they have to go for the clunkiest and most idiotic storyline? Just to get back at channel? Just to make sure that AM does not stay for long? 

Trust me... I was not even in the IF back then but I started to feel that whoever is writing deliberately making a fool of the third angle. He could have been made anything. They could have very well showed heroine track along with that third angle right? 

There is nothing I believe a determined mind and the power of pen cannot do. But they kept on making the story more idiotic and the characterization of AM and for him , Madhu clunky! They subtly rescued RK's character by making him a couple of shades darker yet still keeping the essence of the character. Tell me, is RK their only responsibility? What about the rest of the characters?

I know many people won't agree with me on this but that's how I see this. 

I will praise ST for creating RK but I will criticize him also for making such weak characters and keeping them underdeveloped. The writing team should be attentive to every character or at least all the major characters and not just one character! 

He is freelancing for his own show. Writing parts that he is interested in and leaving the rest. So much biased he is. 

And TRPs wouldn't have fallen if audience was given a good track to watch. The tracks that we have been given have all been clunky and stupid one way or the another ever since after the unwedding... we have had good episodes here and there... but no track as a whole made sense! As I said, there was no research needed to know why the show is not working.. the CVs should have watched their own damn show and they would have known why is it crap only! 

About Balraj! Well, there was no need to kill him even if he wanted to accommodate AM.. he could have gotten him imprisoned and fake killed him or anything, he is toh very creative na... couldn't he think of something else? But they ended his character for good! That was not needed! 

And just because other PHs do it, it doesn't give license ST to ignore his shows for the sake of his new shows! I don't care about other shows and other PHs... this is the only show I watch! I will call him unprofessional because he is acting like that only! If other PHs do that they are also unprofessional.. but I don't care about them.. as I said.. I only watch this show and only care for it! He tends to lose both interest and control over his storylines after a certain point of time.. one can see very clearly! 

Oh and I won't believe that they are working hard on MEIEJ until I see it happening. I don't believe this man's words because he does not honor them! So, I will just wait and watch... 

About DVD, yes it bothers me quite much that they took holidays as I said before, but they have been the only saving grace of the show for months!! Had CVs worked on any of the supporting characters they could have very well made a parallel track but they didn't!! DVD may have taken holidays but they never compromised on their performances and it was not because of their absence that the TRPs fell from 4+ to 1.8.. I am not a DDian or VDian but I will still think it's not much of their fault as it's the PH's! Also as Chakku said, VD got slogged so much before he was given the days off. 

I won't comment on Lady VD... will just say we are on the same page on that! ðŸ˜†
Edited by Valar.Morghulis - 10 years ago
Krinya thumbnail
Originally posted by: _Mojo.Jojo_

Charu - The actors take off only when the producers allow them too. When VD had gone for honeymoon, he wasn't sure till the last 3-4 days if he will be given off or not. It was PH's decision to give him the leave. Vahbiz said that on twitter that they'll only go if VD is granted the leave.

Similarly DD was granted new years leave only after they started the KRK track. It's not like ke actors say I am going tomorrow and they pack their bags and leave. No job allows that. And if that was the case, then we would have seen 1000 media reports on their unprofessionalism. 

And Bhai track was planned way back in December. They delayed it because they wanted to wrap up Ballu track before.

Chakku, do they have any option other than allowing him? can they replace him? can they shut the serial down? he banked his scenes, worked day and night, and left...whatever his job is, he will complete it and then leave...what i am trying to say is that its a hassle for the PH, other actors and crew, what's wrong in this? the anniversary and new years everybody knows the dates..plan out the holidays then...coordinate them and space them out...I was only guessing ke kuch gadbad hui hai,  after jaanu's tweets...If I was wrong, there wouldn't have been any article/gossip about it right? 

I will not comment on Ballu or whatever, i already made my point...iske aage i cannot reveal...its of no use discussing it...aise bhi ST admitted his mistake of ignoring MB and blaming his execution, ab kya uski jaan le lein? ...lets play the blame game once MB is over...
Edited by _charu_ - 10 years ago
Befikre thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7

Chakku, do they have any option other than allowing him? can they replace him? can they shut the serial down? he banked his scenes, worked day and night, and left..what i am trying to say is that its a hassle for the PH, other actors and crew, what's wrong in this? the anniversary and new years everybody knows the dates..plan out the holidays then...coordinate them and space them out...I was only guessing ke kuch gadbad hui hai, that too, from jaanu's tweets...If I was wrong, there wouldn't have been any articles/gossips about it right? 

Charu, if they can replace KSG, then they can replace VD also. KSG is a bigger star than VD. And I don't think any actor would want to get famous as UNPROFESSIONAL!

And maybe their Goa trip was sudden like you said because they might have banked many episodes for DD's leave and then they would have been free and they went? And I am sure he would have told the PH about his anniversary trip before only. 

Why are we after Vahbiz for just one tweet? I know she is highly immature to react to fans but then she is abused day and night by fans on twitter too. Sometimes people react! It's not like everyday she loses her cool. And she doesn't even interfere in MEIEJ related matters like other spouses.😕