Sandhya the confused lady

Posted: 10 years ago
I have been away for a week and was not able to analyze last week's episodes. When I came back I am seeing extreme negativity in the forum on Sandhya's confusion. I mean I am surprised everyone is shocked to see a confused Sandhya whereas I had completely expected the same. I dont know why I was the only one who expected her like that. So thought will put a post on why I think Sandhya's confusion is completely justified and this is the perfect way to start the training.

Sandhya to me currently is a married woman completely in love with her husband. She still has the dream of becoming an IPS officer. That dream has not changed. Her wide eyes seeing the Indian flag, the confident walk wearing the cadet uniform everything signifies what Sandhya as a person wants at subconscious level.

But at a conscious level she is faced with the reality of her marital status. She loves her husband very much. Fate has been cruel to her as her parents were snatched away from her unexpectedly. It took her a long time to get emotionally attached to someone else and currently she is attached to her husband body, mind and soul. Now Sooraj worships Bhabo. Irrespective of knowing tel malish, LC , EA and AD he had never confronted his mother directly on her misdeeds and had used his own methods to bypass them. Bhabo knows she has no control on her other 2 sons. She has seen it during seperation track. But the emotional weakness of Sooraj, the love and respect he gives her is exploited by Bhabo by conferring titles like Shravan kumar, Ram etc.. on him. Her idea is he has to live for her , according to her rule book for her happiness only. I mean Sooraj is the way of holding power in RM by Bhabo. Sooraj does not understand this exploitation and he continues to be a devot son. Sooraj treats Sandhya at par with his family only not above family. I mean at no point he has been really able to overcome Bhabo and still uses her as an emotional clutch.

For Sandhya Bhabo's unhappiness thus spells a doom for her marital life. I mean she is not sure whether Sooraj can really stand for her needs and career standing up against Bhabo. She is not sure whether he can stay apart from his family. She is not sure if she for some reason not able to keep her EV how far Sooraj will go for her sake. I mean if EV is not kept more AD and EA are in store for Sandhya and Sooraj just like last week will stand as a mute spectator allowing his mother to do the rampage.

So Sandhya's confusion is because of the love she has for Sooraj. That love currently is her biggest weakness. She is afraid of losing Sooraj if she annoys Bhabo. Understand that it was a confident Sandhya who went for SBC when Sooraj spoke confidently for her rights to Bhabo. It had not mattered to her Bhabo doesnt like her dream when Sooraj was confident. So for Sandhya to emerge as the confident IPS officer Sandhya Sooraj Rathi Sooraj has to cut his apron strings and stand by her when it matters most and he may have to be willing to walk out even for her sake. Once Sandhya knows that Sooraj will be with her irrespective of circumstances that strong woman will emerge.

Sandhya Arvind Kothari was strong because Arvind Kothari was always there for his daughter and for Sandhya Sooraj Rathi to be that strong she has to get the security that Sooraj Rathi will be always there for her no matter what.

Just think it from the perspective of a married and ambitious woman. The woman will emerge strong and  confident only if she has completel faith and security in her relationship with her husband.  
Exactly Shruthi Ji

And add me too..

I am also expecting this Sandhya same U expect..

And Well Said Ji

Edited by ayishas - 10 years ago
Shruthi I agree with you that sandhya is a confused woman...but I dont understand what security she wants from suraj...from what you said, it seems she is doubting his love...I dont quite agree with that...
good comeback post shruthi
as you said sandy is now more confused
she herself said that if the same situation arised 2 yrs before she would have simply grabbed it

but now haalaath badhal gaye hain
she can neither stay away from suraj nor from her dream

poor lady on top of all 
bb and her pressure to win the trophy😡
Sandhya's confusion seeing Bhabho's expressions and her behavior with the training officials is okay but how could the Bhabho question the officers about room allotment and talk about Sandhya having to wear jewels.  Is Bhabho so ignorant even after seeing Inspector Singh and listening to her speech.  It would have been good if these convos were between the Rathis and Suraj or Bhabhasa explaining it to her.
I like Agrima Singh's characterization.  She handled Bhabho well and she was not arrogant as Bhabho.

What I felt after this embarrassing scene was instead of bag loss drama, the Rathis could have sat and discussed about do's and don'ts during the training and how Sandhya is going to transform after the training.

It is going to be tough for Sandhya once she finishes the training. Also, I am not ready for another trophy competition in DABH.

Originally posted by b2011

Sandhya's confusion seeing Bhabho's expressions and her behavior with the training officials is okay but how could the Bhabho question the officers about room allotment and talk about Sandhya having to wear jewels.  Is Bhabho so ignorant even after seeing Inspector Singh and listening to her speech.  It would have been good if these convos were between the Rathis and Suraj or Bhabhasa explaining it to her.
I like Agrima Singh's characterization.  She handled Bhabho well and she was not arrogant as Bhabho.

What I felt after this embarrassing scene was instead of bag loss drama, the Rathis could have sat and discussed about do's and don'ts during the training and how Sandhya is going to transform after the training.

It is going to be tough for Sandhya once she finishes the training. Also, I am not ready for another trophy competition in DABH.

Well said bharathi! 
oh no another  competition track  in DABH...oh enough ðŸ¥±ðŸ¥±

Nice post Shruthi
Sooraj has stood by her side and given all
the confidence needed, But Sandhya is still in
dilemma ...  the reasons you have correctly pointed
out.
May be when she comes out of the training she will
feel more confident and will learn how manage Baboo's
demands and her duty

@niruba Sandhya at the conscious level is not distrusting Sooraj's love, but at the subconscious level she still has the nagging feel how strong is that love. Is that love strong enough to choose her over family if a situation arise. If Bhabo asks Sooraj to choose between Sandhya and RP who will Sooraj choose. The way Sooraj worship Bhabo can Sandhya tell in such a situation Sooraj will choose her over family and if in any case he choose her also he will still remain the confident Sooraj that he is. Sandhya as of now doesnt have any assurances for this.

For her Sooraj needs his family and within the confines of his family he has supported her. Even during seperation track his aim was to show he is an ideal son and brother. He says to Bhabo I am still the sravankumar who will jump in the river as per your command😃. Which wife do you think will be secure over a husband who is willing to commit suicide for his mother without thinking twice what she will do in his absence. Sandhya needs that assurance. Before any action Sooraj will think twice, will think about her, will be able to stand up in much better fashion against his mother for her sake. The day Sooraj does that Sandhya will be a liberated soul. Believe me it is exactly for this reason they have tied DABH to Ramayana. Choice between Ayodhya and Sita. Choice between RP and Sandhya. Ram chose Ayodhya, who will Sooraj choose?

@akka Bhabo's behaviour least said the better. But one thing I liked , the way Ms Singh made realize entire RP who is in charge of academy. Sooraj, Babasa and Sandhya who were only listening to Bhabo till then dumped her and agreed to Ms Singh to the discomfort of Bhabo.  Bhabo's demand of that trophy has made the track of dramatic now Sandhya will think trophy trophy in her dream 😃
Excellent post Shruthi. However if you feel it is the fear of losing Suraj's love that makes her feel insecure and submissive before Bhabo, than I must say she has chosen a wrong profession to be in.
1.  An honest police officer puts his duty towards the nation above all family considerations. Having joined an all India service where the service rules clearly expect you to accept posting any where in India, on the whimsical demand of a dominating mother in law how right is it to try and win a trophy for the sake of a Pushkar posting...are you not betraying one of the major tenets you swore to abide by...to be in the service of the nation any time any where...you start your service by getting around rules...

2. What happens when the BS case comes out in the open. Will Sandhya again listen to Bhabo and put her family before her duty. Suraj himself may not be very supportive if Meena is to be arrested.

3. What happens when she is called to attend an important duty and RP is celebrating one of the many festivals where Beendani's presence is mandatory...will she again put her duty in the back seat...

If she has chosen to be in the IPS she should have made up her mind by now...constant fluctuations will make her miserable and superiors very unhappy.