Diya Aur Baati Hum

India-Forums

Diya Aur Baati Hum
Diya Aur Baati Hum

thought for the day- pg 66- ASHTALAKSHMI STOTRAM (Page 8)

.kat. Goldie
.kat.
.kat.

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 11:36pm | IP Logged
Rama,
Do u know what happens during rains? Is the time interval of the drops still maintained? N does it still come as drops or it pours little more? Did they tell u there? Just curious!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MJV2nep3thala

thala IF-Stunnerz
thala
thala

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 11:40pm | IP Logged
actually GM
even during rains only a single drop of water drips

go through the website i have given 
its miracle 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

.kat.MJV2Prime..nep3

MJV2 IF-Rockerz
MJV2
MJV2

Posted: 08 January 2014 at 11:52pm | IP Logged
Thanks for sharing this info Thala. Its indeed a miracle. Smile

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nep3thala

Vmaa IF-Stunnerz
Vmaa
Vmaa

Posted: 09 January 2014 at 12:08am | IP Logged
thank you for sharing thala

nep3Prime..thala

shruthiravi IF-Sizzlerz
shruthiravi
shruthiravi

Posted: 09 January 2014 at 3:21am | IP Logged
Ramadi it is not miracle. It will be science , science the so called modern society yet to understand. I knew it when I visited Konark just after my engineering degree. Our ancestors knew much better than us. Our vedas have much more scientifc knowledge than the West has imposed on us.
In Konark the temple is like a chariot with 24 wheels each wheel stands for 1 hr. Within each wheels there are 24 spokes . Each spoke representing an hr. between spokes there are 60 small rounds each standing for a minute. On any sunny day based on the light rays that falls on which wheel we can predict what time of the day it is. British have destroyed half of the chariot. I mean we can see only 12 wheels now.
If you are in awe of that then the temple is in 3 complex. Ist one . 2nd main chamber and the last gopuram. From 1st complex if you see the 2nd complex from  you will exactly see the centre and of the 2nd complex where the idol is kept. Doesnt matter which part of 1st complex you are standing centre or sideways. There are many pillars in 1st complex and 2nd complex. Irrespective of that from any part of 1st complex you will see the idol place. If this is not an architechtural wonder what else you can call it.Currently idol is not there. It is in some museum I feel.
Temple had lightening protection build in 13th century. To be frank I was ashamed to call myself an engineer standing in front of such a scientific marvel built in 13th centuryBig smile

Another place of interest which I saw was Jantar Mantar and Jal Mahal build by Rajputs in Jaipur. Again done with lot of scientific temperament. People were living under water in 17th century like in submarines. Jal Mahal had 3 floors under water and during summers royal family lived there.

If possible read the book Krishna Key. Along with the thriller plot the author has really dwelled into our vedas and puranas and given scientific expalanations for many of the symbols used in hindu mythology. It was simply amazing to read those.

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

.kat.MJV2nep3Prime..VmaathalaDivz.

thala IF-Stunnerz
thala
thala

Posted: 09 January 2014 at 3:25am | IP Logged
thanks for sharing shruthi

nep3shruthiraviPrime..

thala IF-Stunnerz
thala
thala

Posted: 09 January 2014 at 8:59pm | IP Logged
thiruvasagam is a gem in the treasury of saivam
i dont deserve to explain the great manikkavasagar verses
but still would like to share this verse and its meaning upto my knowledge

pulllagi poodai puzhuvai maramaagi pal virugamaagi paravayaai pambaagi kallai manidharaai peyaai ganangalai val asurarai munivarai deverai
selladhu nindra iththavara sangamaththul ellaa pirappum pirandhilaiththean emberumaan

Grass was I, shrub was I, worm, tree,
Full many a kind of beast, bird, snake,
Stone, man, and demon. 'Midst Thy hosts I served.
The form of mighty Asuras, ascetics, gods I bore.
Within these immobile and mobile forms of life, 
In every species born, weary I've grown, great Lord !

this is from the first composition of manikkavasagar soon after lord shiva showered his blessings on a minister turned holy man

he comes for trade of horses, 
and its desitny that lord shiva turned him into sivanadiyar( loyal to lord shiva)

he explains the journey to reach the ultimatum started from grass, and takes  several births and finally it reaches the feet of lord

if i take birth of a grass, it should grow near a temple or in the garden of a pious man
so that i can take the next birth of a shrub 
if i take the birth of a worm i should be in the flower which is showered on you( so that i can reach the next stage)
if i take birth of a tree it should give shadow to your followers( so that i can reach the next stage)

if i take birth of diff animals or a bird or a snake, please make me roam around your temple( so that i can reach the next stage)

if i take birth of a stone ( it should be a  seat for your followers who take a bit of rest )

if i take birth of a human being i should realise the value of it and spend my valuable time in praising you singing you knowing more about you and try all means to achieve your feet

if i take birth of a demon or a sage or god i should never stop thinking of you 

if its a birth of movable or immovable i should never stop thikning of you

if one of these fails at a particular stage we have to again start from grass
and who knows if the grass grows somewhere else it will take more time for the grass to go to next stage of shrub 
and again what if the shrub gives flowers but doesnt reach lord shiva
and so on;...

the birth of human is rarest of the rarest and we should make use of this and try our best to think of him to do all good deeds and attain next level

therre are human beings who dont even know that this brith is rare
they are born  enjoy worldy pleasures and die
what is the use of such a birth 

this human birht is got once in 1000 biths 
so you can just imagine how precious it is

we need to make use of it and  think good , do good at least

will continue in tomorrow TFTD

The following 9 member(s) liked the above post:

.kat.MJV2shruthiraviPrime..nep3.Ami.VmaaDivz.--VS--

.kat. Goldie
.kat.
.kat.

Posted: 09 January 2014 at 10:56pm | IP Logged
Wonderful verse from thiruvasagam Rama. Tfs.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

nep3thala

Go to top