Posted: 10 years ago
Thanks for sharing thala 
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thanks Rama.  Have not heard of it.
umakittu thumbnail
This temple is more  than 2000 years old under the control of archaeology department.  Poojas are performed by TN HR department.  It is about 20 KMs from Pudukkottai town.  Town Bus numbers 5, 5-B and 28 are plying from Pudukkottai.Kanchi Mahaperiava had shown lot of interest to know about the musical sculptures available here. 
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

There is no piece of creation without the hand of the creator operating in it. The source of creation is operating within every cell and atom. This is why in Indian culture, if you look up at the sky, the culture taught you to bow down. If you look down at the earth, you bow down. If you see a man, a woman, a child, a cow, a tree or whatever, you bow down. And it is a constant reminder that the source of creation is within you too. If you recognize this, you are paving the way towards your ultimate nature every time you do namaskaram.

There is another aspect to this. Your palms have a lot of nerve endings - something that medical science has also discovered today. Actually, your hands speak more than your tongue and your voice. There is a whole science of mudra  in yoga. Just by holding your hand in certain ways, you can make your whole system function in different ways. The moment you place your hands together, your dualities, your likes and dislikes, your cravings and aversions, all these things are leveled out. There is a certain oneness to the expression of who you are. The energies are functioning as one.

Five fingers of our hands represent 5 elements of our body. Thumb represents fire elements, Index finger air, Middle finger ether, Ring finger earth and little finger water element. By touching both the hands face to face balances the five elemental imbalances in the body and protects it from external energy imbalance.

By doing Namaskar to a deity or a Saint, unknowingly their virtues and capabilities are impressed upon our minds. Consequently we start emulating them, thus changing ourselves for the better.

- Increase in humility and reduction of ego / Enhancement in the spiritual emotion of surrender and gratitude / Gaining the Sattva component and faster spiritual progress
We receive the highest amount of Sattva component from the posture (mudra) of Namaskar. 
By  doing Namaskar to Deities or Saints we receive subtle frequencies emitted by them, e.g. frequencies of Sattva or Bliss. 

Underlying Science in this action

By doing Namaskar in this manner, the Deity's Chaitanya is absorbed to a greater extent by the body, as compared to other methods of doing Namaskar. This gives maximum distress to negative energies. The negative energies that have manifested in a person are unable to touch their thumbs at the mid-brow region in Namaskar. (The negative energies are subtle. But at times they enter an individual's body and manifest it. 

maha periyava of kanchi says, lord forgive me for two sins
one ; for the pranams which i didnt do in my earlier birth, only because of that iam in this birth
two: for the pranams which i will not do in my next birth, only because i will not have a birth in future

as the pranams i have offered in this birth will take me straight to your lotus feet and i will be free of this birth and death cycle

jhema thumbnail
thanks for sharing thala

nice to knw this 
ranil. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Wow! Nice Rama akka
thanks for d info
b2011 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Thank Rama for sharing this.
umakittu thumbnail
In most of the temples the temple management has given indication as to which side we should do namaskaram.  Namaskaram should be done beyond Kodimaram.Please read  Mukthi adaya namaskaram podum  by Maha Periyava published in The Hindu Tamil edition dated 13/3/2014.

[ ] 13/03/2014 The Hindu Tamil edition