Posted: 10 years ago
Thank you Rama for sharing
yes the picture is Godly
Thank you
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
story time

Abimanyu was trapped by kauravas and killed in a brutal way. krishna was aware of that and asked Indra to act as a brahman who lost his son and is about to immolate himself in the funeral pyre of his son. arjuna saw this and stops the brahman and says by falling on the pyre his son is not going to come back to life . the brahman says if the situation is yours you will come to know of my grief. arjuna promised that if his son would die he would not do such an act. the brahman leaves 

krihsna and arjuna find abhimanyu dead and arjuna is devastated.he is unable to control himself and arranges for the pyre and is ready to immolate himself, the brahman arrives and reminds him of his promise

arjuna gives up the thought , but still in grief, he explains krishna , the way he brought up abhimanyu, he describes his beautiful eyes, his cheeks and other PHYSICAL aspects of child abhimanyu

he reminds how himself and subhadra raised him.
krishna realised he needs to  show the truth

he says to arjuna why was he worried for the person who is not his son anymore. he has died and that arjuna needs to accept the truth

arjuna was not convinced, he kept wailing. krishna decides to send arjuna to the place where abhimanyu( the soul) was present and make him realise the truth

arjuna is in the doorstep of chandraloka( people who die with a wish or who have to take birth again attain chandra loka whereas people who are free from wants or attain salavation reach suryaloka and they never take birth again- bhagawat gita)

the man near the doorstep stops arjuna to get in
arjuna says he needs to see HIS SON abhimanyu
the man says he will get the permission 

arjuna waits and the man comes saying that he cant see THE PERSON WHOM HE IS REFERRING

arjuna says that abhimanyu knows him very well and he is the father of abhimanyu and if the man reminds him that his father is eager to see him abhimanyu would himself come and take him in

the man again goes and comes back with the news that the soul said he doesnt know anyone named arjuna

arjuna couldnt wait anymore and rushes in
he meets abhimanyu soul and is shocked to see him asking " who are you"?

arjuna reminds him of his childhood , his mother subhadra
nothing worked, he says to leave the chandraloka

arjuna comes back to earth
he is completely devastated
krishna says this is the truth
once a person leaves this earth, he is no son , husband , father

we always get ourself attached to our freinds and relatives so much that we rush to solve their problems and keep track of how they are doing after our help, we are always worried and have feelings for them

which is to be overcome
this is detachment
do your duty , help them, but dont get attached to their problems so much so that you forget  they are your freind and relative for this birth thats all

the only freind relative forever is krishna
have attachement to him
think of him always, chant his name
you can be a mode of relief for them not the relief itself

this truth is not only for arjuna but for us as well

a foetus knows its prev birth and the future births in a womb it has no worries or attachements  and similarly the soul after leaving the body has no worries and attachement

but its the soul when enters this world (MAYA) with a body
creates a own world of freinds and relatives ( other than krishna)
and think they are the world๐Ÿ˜†

do your duty, and leave the rest to krishna, dont get too much involved in their issues, spend that time in krishna thoughts which is eternal, these relations and frienship are all perishable

KRISHNA IS ETERNAL

shruthiravi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Beautiful story Ramadi. ๐Ÿ˜ƒ You have mentioned the key essence of Bhagwad Gita
-Liebe- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
wow thala.thank u so much..i got to knw abt this truth today only that too bcz of u.
Vmaa thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
a foetus knows its prev birth and the future births in a womb it has no worries or attachements  and similarly the soul after leaving the body has no worries and attachement

thanks Rama

Rajeshree53 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Beautiful stories
Thank you all..enjoyed..
jhema thumbnail
thanks thala

Nice story 
and beautiful message too 
umakittu thumbnail
Very nice story.  I will try to emulate these lessons.
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3

Ganesha Pancharatnam - in sanskrit with meaning - Stotra on Sri Ganesha

- composed by Sri Adi Shankaracharya

-
Ganesha Pancharatnam: Mudakaratta Modakam
Sri Ganesha 
Sri Ganesha 

Mudaa-Karaatta-Modakam Sadaa Vimukti-Saadhakam
Kalaa-Dhara-Avatamsakam Vilaasi-Loka-Rakssakam |
Anaayakai[a-E]ka-Naayakam Vinaashitebha-Daityakam
Nata-Ashubha-Ashu-Naashakam Namaami Vinaayakam ||1||

Meaning:
1.1: (Salutations to Sri Vinayaka) Who Holds the Divine Joy in His Hand as Modaka (a sweetmeat) and Who Alwaysstrives to Accomplish the Liberation of His Devotees towards that Divine Joy,
1.2: Who Holds the Digit of the Moon as His Ornament and with a Joyful Spirit Protects the World,
1.3: Who is without any Master but is Himself the only Master for His Devotees, and Protects them by Destroyingthe (inner) Demons,
1.4: To those who Surrender to Him, He Destroys the Inauspicious tendencies Quickly; I Salute Sri Vinayaka and surrender to Him.

flowers

Sri Ganesha

Nate[a-I]tara-Ati-Bhiikaram Navo[a-U]dita-Arka-Bhaasvaram
Namat-Sura-Ari-Nir-Jaram Nata-Adhika-Apad-Uddharam |
Sure[a-Ii]shvaram Nidhi-[I]ishvaram Gaje[a-Ii]shvaram Ganne[a-Ii]shvaram
Mahe[a-Ii]shvaram Tama-Ashraye Paraatparam Nir-Antaram ||2||

Meaning:
2.1: (Salutations to Sri Vinayaka) To those who do not Bow down to God out of arrogance, He takes a Frighteningform; His benign form is however like a Newly-Risen Sun,
2.2: Who is always Fresh without any Decay, and is Saluted Reverentially by the Devas and the Devoted Persons; Who Extricates those who Surrender to Him from Difficult Calamities,
2.3: Who is the God of the Devas, Who is the God of Prosperity, Who is the God with an Elephant Face and Who is the God of the Ganas (celestial attendants),
2.4: Who is the Great God; To His Refuge, Who is Superior than the Best, I Continually place myself in devotional surrender.

flowers

Sri Ganesha

Samasta-Loka-Shamkaram Nirasta-Daitya-Kun.jaram
Dare[a-I]taro[a-U]daram Varam Varebha-Vaktram-Akssaram |
Krpaa-Karam Kssamaa-Karam Mudaa-Karam Yashas-Karam
Manas-Karam Namas-Krtaam Namas-Karomi Bhaasvaram ||3||

Meaning:
3.1: (Salutations to Sri Vinayaka) Who is the Auspicious Power behind All the Worlds and Who Removes the Mighty(inner) Demons,
3.2: Whose Huge Body signifies Prosperity and Boon-Giving and Whose Most Excellent Face reflects His ImperishableNature.
3.3: Who Showers Grace, Who Showers Forgiveness, Who Showers Joy and who Showers Glory to His Devotees,
3.4: Who Bestows Intelligence and Wisdom to those Who Salute Him with Reverence; I Salute His Shining Form.

flowers

Sri Ganesha

Akincana-[A]arti-Maarjanam Cirantano[a-U]kti-Bhaajanam
Pura-Ari-Puurva-Nandanam Sura-Ari-Garva-Carvannam |
Prapan.ca-Naasha-Bhiissannam Dhananjaya-[A]adi-Bhuussannam
Kapola-Daana-Vaarannam Bhaje Puraanna-Vaarannam ||4||

Meaning:
4.1: (Salutations to Sri Vinayaka) Who Wipes out the Sufferings of the Destitutes who take His Refuge; Who is theReceptacle of the Words of Praises of the Ancients,
4.2: Who is the Former Son (the latter being Kartikeya) of the Enemy of Tripurasuras (i.e. Lord Shiva), and WhoChews down the Pride and Arrogance of the Enemies of the Devas,
4.3: Who wields Terrible Power to Destroy the delusion of the Five Elements constituting the World (from the mind of His Devotees); Who Himself is Adorned with the Powers (behind the Five Elements) like Fire etc,
4.4: From Whose Cheeks flow down the Juice of Grace; Salutations to Him Whose Praise similarly flows down likeJuice from the Puranas.

flowers

Sri Ganesha

Nitaanta-Kaanta-Danta-Kaantim-Antaka-Antaka-[A]atmajam
Acintya-Ruupam-Anta-Hiinam-Antaraaya-Krntanam |
Hrd-Antare Nirantaram Vasantam-Eva Yoginaam
Tam-Eka-Dantam-Eva Tam Vicintayaami Santatam ||5||

Meaning:
5.1: (Salutations to Sri Vinayaka) Whose Beautiful Form of Ekadanta is very much Dear to His Devotees, and Who is the Son of the One (referring to Lord Shiva) Who Put an End to (i.e. restrained) Antaka (i.e. Yama).
5.2: Whose essential Form is Inconceivable and without any Limit, and which Cuts through the Obstacles of His Devotees,
5.3: Who Continually Abides in the Cave of the Heart of the Yogis.
5.4: I Continually Reflect upon Him, the Ekadanta (another name of Sri Vinayaka).

flowers

Sri Ganesha

Mahaa-Gannesha-Pan.ca-Ratnam-Aadarenna Yo[ah-A]nvaham
Prajalpati Prabhaatake Hrdi Smaran Ganne[a-Ii]shvaram |
Arogataam-Adossataam Su-Saahitiim Su-Putrataam
Samaahita-Ayur-Asstta-Bhuutim-Abhy-Upai[a-E]ti So[ah-A]ciraat ||6||

Meaning:
6.1: (Salutations to Sri Vinayaka) Those who Read the Great Ganesha Pancharatnam (five Jewels in praise of Sri Ganesha) with Devotion ...
6.2: ... and Utter this in the Early Morning Contemplating on Sri Ganeshvara in their Hearts ...
6.3: ... will get Free from Diseases and Vices, will get Good Spouses and Good Sons, ...
6.4: ... and with it He will get Long Life and the Eight Powers soon.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=k2KA-2YSz98[/YOUTUBE]
Edited by thala - 10 years ago
jhema thumbnail
Thanks thala.
The ryming in the words and the stress in the pronouncing always gives a unique feel for this stotram like ayigiri nandhini.