and a lovely post
thank you to both of you
Rama and Amlu
thala thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
ami i will try my best to answer your ques
according to asrology 
its said that girls born with vrishabha rasi  have more male characters in them and boys born with kanya rasi have more of female characters in them

its nothing woring

ami a woman is always dependent on men in her whole life
when she is a daughter she is dependent on her father
when she is a wife dependent on husband
when she is a mother and after her husband

if not then she looses that relation
its inevitable ami

it is the rule made by men

only women are more compassionate
love for the kids and husband comes to them naturally

whereas men dont bother much

for example if my son arrives late from school i panic , iam restless until i see him nearing home from the corner of the street
but my hubby says he may be having special classes and watches tv πŸ˜Ž

thats why god made mothers carry their child in the womb and not fathers
she has patience, tolerance 

we know all the achievers( women) 
but do we know what they sacrificied to achieve
we see them only through their achievements but iam sure that every woman has to sacrifice something to achieve something

ami  i  dont know about other holy books
but the ramayana mahabharatha are based on the struggle of women
sita and draupadi
they may be written by men 
but the content is about women

or should i say like this men are able to write only because of the blessings of saraswathi
if no saraswathi kataksham( blessings of saraswathi) no man can write anything 

a robber  turned a poet because of his wife
when valmiki asked will his wife shaare the sin cause by  robbery she denied 
he went on to become valmiki

adi parashakthi is the origin of all gods
in lalitha saharsranamam it is clearly said that
the 10 avatars of vishnu are from her nails

if you see the below pic

you can see adi parashakthi the supreme
all the other gods get power only from her

srividya upaasakaas believe only in shaktham ( followers of shakthi)

even soundarya lahari written by adi shankara 
clearly says that shakthi is the supreme and it is believed that shiva who wanted to praise paarvathi was born as adi shankara and he wrote about the physique and the power of shakthi in soundaraya lahari

i dont know how far i have convinced you

my pov

.kat. thumbnail
Nice discussion Rama, n amlu!

Iam not an authority on anything, just my two cents!

Gita says, 
Do ur duty, u will reach me. No need to go specifically to temple or even chant my name, do ur duty with sincerity, u will reach me. It's for both men n women. 

Here in the USA, I see stay at home dads too. It's an decision based on economy. Whoever earns more continues to work, n if needed the the lower earning spouse stays home with kids, doesn't matter man or woman! 

Adi shankaras, advaita philosophy n the concept of BRAHMAN is pretty interesting! (Please google!!!)
According to it, one supreme god, or Essenes, BRAHMAN is gender neutral, (not brahma,the creator, or Brahmins)
N  no need to go in search of it, we have to realize it within ourselves, AHM BRAHMAN!

Nirgun Brahman  (formless, shapeless,...)is too difficult for people to pray n understand so a shagun (with form, qualities) form of Brahman is worshipped.  

It's a male dominated society.
Due to various reasons, women have been sidelined, n we r slowly coming up! 

I agree with u that we should get inspired by successful women n aspire to achieve in life. 

Tom boy- goddess meenakshi (deity in Madurai) was a warrior princess! Her father declared that whoever defeats her will get her hand in marriage, n none of the kings cld do it. Finally shiva, in the form of sundareshwara comes to fight her, she falls for him,n marries him, so the story goes! 

Edited by ..PT.. - 10 years ago
thala thumbnail
loved your explanation paaru
MJV2 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Amlu, PT, Thala..superb discussion guys πŸ‘πŸΌ
-LuvSiyaRam- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
tfs thala😊
wonderful verses
nice discussion luv reading it😊
Edited by Vvardhini - 10 years ago
.Ami. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
@RamaDi:-πŸ€— Whew! That was very long worthy hathoda to read.πŸ‘. Certainly, it helped me to understand why people believe in such a stuff. I neither disprove your POV or claim my POV is correct. For me life is endless learning. My thoughts are subject to change as I learn, experience and evolve as a person.

But one thing I like to point out is that we all species are interdependent on each-other.

Waise, can you calculate how many times you've used word "ami" while replying to me?

@GeethaDi :- Oh teri! I never thought my bebe will grow up this quickly.πŸ˜†. Yeah i am aware about "Advaita"(non-duality) philosophy because I've read/follow Swami Vivekananda philosophy up to some extent in life. Actually, I've done research on history of indian philosophy and how it evolved with time : from Vedanta to Upnishadas to Sutras to scholars..
Edited by -Amlu- - 10 years ago
nep3 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Rama,Amlu,Geetha ..superb discussion guys ...love reading it
.kat. thumbnail

Originally posted by: -Amlu-

@RamaDi:-πŸ€— Whew! That was very long worthy hathoda to read.πŸ‘. Certainly, it helped me to understand why people believe in such a stuff. I neither disprove your POV or claim my POV is correct. For me life is endless learning. My thoughts are subject to change as I learn, experience and evolve as a person.

But one thing I like to point out is that we all species are interdependent on each-other.

Waise, can you calculate how many times you've used word "ami" while replying to me?

@GeethaDi :- Oh teri! I never thought my bebe will grow up this quickly.πŸ˜†. Yeah i am aware about "Advaita"(non-duality) philosophy because I've read/follow Swami Vivekananda philosophy up to some extent in life. Actually, I've done research on history of indian philosophy and how it evolved with time : from Vedanta to Upnishadas to Sutras to scholars..

@amlu,

Me, Not grown up yet!!!!😳 Me too like vivekanada, n how he followed shankaras philosophy, n ...

πŸ‘ πŸ€—  

thala thumbnail
sorry for not posting TFTD yesterday
its tuesday so story time

with fake pregnancy ruling the show as of now
it reminds me of a story

krihsna had to leave for vaikunta after finishing all the left our responsibilities. gandhari had cursed krishna that similar to her sons death the whole yadavas will die.

meanwhile the yadavas lost their values and respect for culture , some yadava children played pranks on rishis who were in meditation ( they had come to visit krishna)

one of them dressed up as a pregnant lady and distrubed the meditation of the sage and asked the sage whether she would give birth to a baby boy or baby girl

the sage who knew the truth behind the pregnancy cursed he will give birth to a lump of iron , and this iron would be the reason behind the whole yadava community to perish
 the children were shattered 
they seeked forgiveness but the sage was not moved

king ugrasena suggested to powder the iron lump and throw it in the sea,. they powdered the whole lump except a piece of it which couldnt be powdered

the iron powder grows into bamboo stalks on the shore
latter referred to as club or  mausala in sanskrit

a serious conflict broke up between teh yadavas and they used the bamboo stalks or mausala to destruct each other

the small lump of iron which couldnt be powdered was swallowed by a fish, and later the piece of iron was discovered by a hunter
he sharpened the iron and fixed it in his arrow

it was time for krishna to reach vaikunta
he sat for meditation and  the hunter mistook krishna's toe for a deer and shooted his arrow 
it pierced krishna and it acted as a reason for krishna to leave this world

even today the place where the hunter aimed krishna is preserved( i havent seen but heard)

tomorrow's TFTD will be by PT aka geeth 

Edited by thala - 10 years ago