Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

shorty123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: qazplm

Because Sanjay was going through some legal trouble then. And Raju Hirani always wanted Shah to be Munna Bhai, He had written the role with him in mind and had developed most of the two stories with SRK. Even the credits thank SRK for contributing a lot to the film. So he was offered the second one even before it was to SanjayπŸ˜† Biggest loss of SRK...Raju Hirani wrote all his films for him and yet stupid Shah rejected them.

thank God srk rejected Munna bhai, sanjay was perfect for the role. SRK would not suit the role. 
.khoobsurat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Why would Aish reject a film because Srk isn't doing it. I thought she was smarter than that. 
Add Zoya's film with Ranveer to Kareena's film that she rejected. πŸ₯Ί
Basilisk thumbnail
Whoa SRK and KKK!! You guys missed out on some of the best films!! But I guess it's good in a way because those films turned out fabulous with other actors. 
Basilisk thumbnail

Originally posted by: beboholic

Kareena should win an award for rejecting the best of films and roles. Her and Srk. 

Lol! True that πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
guys in RDB SRK was not offered Aamir's role but r madhvan's role and he rejected bcz Aamir was in the movie even though for him it was a guest appearance and Hritik was offered Siddharth's role and he rejected bcz he didn't want to play supporting role when aamir was the lead 
both awesome roles 

Hrithik Roshan and Shahrukh Khan missed Rang De Basanti

Posted By: Gaurav Sharma On Saturday, 25th February 2006,00:02

Rang De Basanti has been receiving rave reviews ever since its release. Aamir Khan is no doubt the star of the film. Along with him the entire cast has been applauded for their performances. The surprise package of the film was Siddharth who plays Karan and Bhagat Singh. However the original choice for this role was Hrithik Roshan
Aamir Khan wanted Hrithik to play this role as he felt that he would be aptly able to portray this role, the director Rakeysh Mehra along with Aamir went to personally meet Hrithik and ask him to play this role. But Hrithik wanted to play Aamir's role in the film. Rakeysh Roshan denied this saying that Hrithik could not act in Rang De Basanti as he was busy shooting for Krrish. Later on even Arjun Rampal was slated to do this role, but due to differences with the producers things did not work out and the role fell into the lap of Siddharth. Hrithik and Arjun's loss was Siddharth gain. 

Another actor that was offered the role played by Madhavan is none other than our bollywood badshah Shahrukh Khan. Rakeysh Mehra wanted Shahrukh to play this role and he tried his best to persuade king khan to accept this role. However Shahrukh refused to do the role. 

There were two reasons for Shahrukh's refusal to do this role; firstly he did not want to play second fiddle to Aamir. It was quiet evident from the script that Aamir was the main hero of the movie and he had a meaty role. The second reason was that he did not like the role; he thought that it lacked character and depth and the length was too small. 

Director Rakeysh Mehra confirmed that he had approached Shahrukh to play the role of Flight Lieutenant Ajay Rathod, but Shahrukh could not give him the appropriate dates and hence nothing worked out with them. However he also maintained that there were other reasons for Khan's refusal. 

Although Rakeysh Mehra did not mention what the other reasons were, it is quiet obvious to all and sundry. Basically this role did not fit the King Khan's image and he would definitely have been overshadowed by Aamir. In spite of the roles being turned down by big stars the movie turned out to be a hit. Just goes to show that big stars do not always make a great movie, but it is also hard work and a good script that counts. And this especially holds true for Rang De Basanti.

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Woah! Thats quite a list! 
.Sad.But.True. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: D3_4life

i've heard first Hrithik , then Abhishek , then Shahid were approached to play Karan ( Siddharth ) in RDB πŸ˜†
Would've been awesome to see Aamir & Hrithik together 

I like Hrithik and all but seriously I loved Siddharth Narayan as Karan Singhania..😳...Just yesterday watched RDB again πŸ˜†
Sharif.Badmaash thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4

Originally posted by: FreshDaisy

I like Hrithik and all but seriously I loved Siddharth Narayan as Karan Singhania..😳...Just yesterday watched RDB again πŸ˜†

Siddharth is a good actor , i've watched few of his south movies.well thats one movie u'll never get bored off πŸ˜†
Bollywood-Fan thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
The Dirty Picture was also declined by Bipasha

Aishwarya refused Vidya's role in Bhool Bhulaiyaa, and Katrina refused Ameesha's role

Preity turned down Robot. In fact, the film was to be made 10 years earlier and she did a photo shoot which was leaked online a while ago

Preity also refused Ishqiya and Jab We Met

Chitrangda was approached to play Anil's secretary in Race 2

Many actresses turned down The Myth because they didn't want to go topless, I think it was offered to every Bollywood actress from Ash to Rani (also PC, Kareena, Ameesha, etc) before it finally went to Mallika

Tabu declined Billu Barber because Irrfan misbehaved with her on The Namesake (role was declined by many; Rani, Bips, Vidya, etc)

Kajol declined 3 Idiots
Edited by Bollywood-Fan - 10 years ago