Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

a simple love and damn the...

indi52 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago
it was a simple love.

why it should be felt was always hard to decipher and describe in mere words. it was just there and you wouldn't have it any other way.

it was a feeling you got at a certain hour of the day that made you a bit breathless, sometimes a little anxious, but you always wanted it to come, and you thought it would never go away. for me, that hour was 12 midnight... the witching hour if i am to recall something read in college.

but really it was the bewitching hour.

first telecast of the day's episode of iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? in singapore. i'd stay up no matter what, the room darkened as everyone slept, but i had to catch the show.

who goes crazy about a hindi serial? i no longer need to ask that question, because i know. but it was the best kind of crazy really. it made you feel, it made you think, it made you write, it made you connect... and it let you break free.

sometimes of yourself. your arid notions of what life is or isn't, of what love must or mustn't be.

it made you fall... so very beautifully.

when it was taken from me, i couldn't believe it. impermanence, etc., other philosophical thoughts i toyed with... but nothing would assuage the hurt... nothing would fill the gaping hole in my heart.

my voice choked whenever i thought, this is it.

even though so much had been robbed of the pristineness of iss pyaar ko kya naam doon? even then.

for it was untouched at some level, always pristine. forever pure.

a thing i loved so simply and without prejudice.

in a desperate bid to cope, i turned to a brave thread that said, beginning the monday after episode 398, we start watching the show again right from the top. blast from the past. i went there without any resistance, tired and scarred and... and aching and riven by the battle of the last two odd months...

how many letters phone calls frenzied posts.

but they would take it from me anyway.

thanks to that thread started by doc and risha, i pretended, i sort of stayed sane, i said i can do it, let's be mature, etc., and other things.

what i could never say was it's only a show.

i couldn't.

i didn't even try to.

it was what it was and it meant what it did.

i have constantly said, "i" through this post, though i know it was really a tale of many of us. many many. some of them watch ipk with me on that thread. and as we go deeper into the tale, somehow the suffering only increases. funny. every now and then the "how could they do this" feeling comes out of nowhere and blows a dry wretched storm across the thread.

and sometimes we go nuts writing poetry about hate. crazy happy nuts. who could turn hate into music but a man and a woman by a pool on a beautiful night.

and pyaar? who could feel it the way they did?

or show it the way only they could?

with an evil dance after getting the laad governor all rattled and knotted with a simple dupatta fling and a "swami". swami. i am guffawing and feeling crazy and thinking silly track, but flat out sold am i on it anyway.

with a brusque "zara dekhke" or a gentle "heer" or a through gritted teeth "kyunki tum meri patni ho..." or a whispered hoarse turmoil raising "main hamesha hamesha tumse..."

i was watching 227 and he yelled "damn the kartavya!"

i felt the world go quiet around me. and a feeling rise. all i wanted to do was plead, scream, beg, yell to anyone, everyone, gul, sp i don't care who to please bring it back. bring it back to me.

i have no idea why i am posting this. just a thought. maybe you'd like to talk about something here? look forward to your feelings. happy sad mad glad whatever. and here's to yelling shouting screaming hurting dancing maddening love.

Edited by indi52 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

indi52 thumbnail
10 november 2012... during our desperate attempt to save a show... and we thought we could... i wrote this in honeypriya's thread: from insiders to politics to "rumours". i was replying to omoraboti. it was not easy then... n0r is it now.

good morning omoraboti,

yeah it was pretty late at night. i couldn't sleep. everything is personal here. i can't remain detached or objective. oh that desire that made him jealous that made him angry. how palpable and worth thrilling to was that. and her, so refreshing so real.

in this sell out, not only did asr begin to dim, kkg lost her personality. never liked the prettified khushi. have long protested the sp-fication of characters. it was easier with khushi, because to start with she wasn't that edgy. but asr? iconoclastic, atheist, taken mother's name giving patriarchy a nice jolt. this character made us question things. he didn't just do what i as a contemporary soul might be nodding my head to, he did things i hadn't perhaps even thought of. there can be several views, but his way of being atheist was interesting. you have to be very very brave to be this brand of atheist, not depend on anything to carve out your life, take all the chances, the consequences, on your own. and yet he didn't disrespect anyone else's theism. the only time he said anything was to her, when she goaded him.

i have over time fallen for this character. and my heart blesses the boy who did all he could to make him breathe. it was not possible for me to sleep while i knew his world was falling apart. dramatic?

i guess i decided what the heck, the day i listened to the feelings in my heart, and started watching a serial. my life has been immensely enriched by this, i have written letters of praise to gul and gautam hegde whenever the chance presented itself here. and i met all of you. i wrote to my heart's content after ages. i experienced the falling away of narrow dimensions. given me too much.

first thing in the morning, my friend whatsapped: just read your barun is quitting tv - we have to meet to discuss. (my barun? sweet, but not true. i like him the way he is: his barun)

my last line to her in my reply: ... either way, he will be one of the most spectacular experiences of an old woman's life.

i'd be very very very surprised if sanaya agreed to carry on with someone else playing asr. i have a feeling she won't; in her own quiet, sanaya like way, she will also do what is right.

i hope this fiasco tells all tv stars that what's happening with them is unfair at a very essential level. and they protest. i read anas rashid bemoan the fact that these days no memorable characters come from tv because the madness for trp impacts everything. oh they might find that also too much straight talk. not welcome in tv world.
cinthiann1758 thumbnail
Indi, interesting post.  
What can I say about IPK and its intoxicating affect on me, on us.  
Here I am a foreigner, an Italian American middle age woman, who fell madly in love with a Hindi serial, go figure.
What was it about this show that drew me in, that I am still discussing it and pining for these characters?
I loved them all but it was this man and this woman that lassoed my heart.
Arnav Singh Raizada, a handsome, dark character full of anger  and sex appeal but deeply loyal, strong in character, brilliant businessman, and deeply hurt.  He always reminded me of a caged lion, never knew when he was going to pounce.  He also didn't know how to display love but only to his sister did we see his true unguarded love (whenever his back wasn't turned to her).  The glimpse of that love that he would have for another once his walls tumbled.  He also man handled his women, an abuser in my POV, but that also excited me.  Could he be tamed?  Could he change?  Did I really want him to change?
Khushi a gorgeous, zany, middle class girl, full of sanskar, moral ethics, loyal to her family and devout to her Devi Maiyya.  I loved Khushi, I lusted for Arnav.  I knew that this girl could win his heart and I watched as she slowly grew from a young girl to a mature woman finally aware of her desire.  She didn't know that her fast heartbeats and  quick shallow breaths meant desire until Arnav told her that their hearts were united but I love her boldness to ask him why she felt the way she did?
The show depicted their flaming desire from the first show.  It was all in the eyes, both sets of eyes, Arnav and Khushi.
This show pulled me, made my heart race.  I hated Fridays and couldn't wait for it to be on again on Monday.  I am an addict, intoxicated by this show, looking always for reruns...watching over and over again .  Longing for these actors to come together again.
Edited by cinthiann1758 - 10 years ago
Mysticaldivine thumbnail

Hey Indi,👏

A lovely post as always but why bina shakar keh chai...[tea without sugar]...black and white movie wali post..😕.I res it because I was thinking you are not done yet but bhut  happend Indiji where is any visual...mere liye hi sahi...[just for my sake]...😛

I am going to be honest with you as I was avoiding this topic for a while because  it is painful and depressing and that's why didn't give you response on the thread or our Blasters new hang out place.😭

The show ended last year and we sign for keeping it alive.Days , nights, weeks , months, and a year or so has been passed away yet we are feeling the pain in the same way ever, at least I do.Nothing has been changed and at the top there is a thirst , a hope, a demand in me to see and fight for more.

I am an IPK fan as a whole as you all know, if Barun is my heart as ASR , Sanaya is the apple of my eye as Khushi.Mamimi spreads colors in my life , Naniji stands for a wisdom Tower which is throwing light in my way.Learnt a lot from her.Mamaji  stands for a patience , Anjali stands for a reality of life. Should I say something about my most fav Villan  of all...Shyam who I adore to call, Spidey, Slither, Scorpion and much much more.Awww..Buaji and her Nand Kishore are always with me .Babuji's "Dil keh Rishte" gave me a perspective to dissolve my pain of years being away from my parents and raised by who was and is everything to me...My aunt...

All the servants, from Raheem Chacha to Parakash Bros...who are enlightening the fact that everyone is equal in this show and in this world.How can I forget Payal and Akash , simple yet complicated ones who show me how simplicity is a complex notion itself.

Uhhh...Lakhmiji...who was the reason to show us how elders need to hang on to something for their extra love...or when you have no one to talk with ,she is there...

My Destiny lover and favorite...DeviMaiya and Ghanesh ...a symbol to tell us hang in there as they are watching you over as God never leaves you and remains close to your heart more than ever...

My journey started from Epi 100th as most of you know that.Since then I never turned on My TV .I never watched any serial and had no plans either.It's not that what ppl think , because for my complex brain you have to have something to grab my attention.None is out there to do so.Nothing is there which is offering me to sit and watch...Time and events, the elements like Pickle jars or a KEY...mannat wali...I don't have chakarvyue of Diwali where all of the events are tied together.PEARLS...Earrings...Duppatta...Ghade ka paani..in Naniji's room or Arnav's plants...Roses, Garden...bring all these to me and I will be yours.

Is anyone out there can eat Pakodas, kheer, puris, Pasta, Laddoos, mirchi wali daal, Lassi  and JALAIBIS and doesn't remember them ...not me as a smile always spreads on my lips to declare me insane in front of everyone but gives me pleasure...and you guys say MOVE ON..."itna easy hai tumhare liye.."[is it so easy for u?]

Sarun  or Arshi which made me to have this name of mine"ArshiHamesha"...Do u think it's for one day or just for bragging ...no it's damn serious for me you all morons out there who destroyed my show.Besides all the odds, illogical stuff, BDs, lack of resources, disaster wardrobes and ghatiya fashion my eyes always land on the message of love and all...I am not romantic..but may be I am some where...as I don't want anyone to chase me for this...but I do have this feeling of love and to be loved...

I never get emotional over a serial yet any one says anything or post anything against them , makes me to do the damage.I laugh, cry and do dance with them and was pretty much aware of that these are start crossed lovers and all the symbols, and events were pointing at that they will not be together alive.That I have to bear but when Time came and his PIC came with his extended hand to save his Khushi, I extended to save both.I protested by any means, cried at loud , called everyone, emailed every one without thinking and without even caring what the heck I am doing just one thing was in my mind...I have to save em as I was fighting for my own.

I don't know about you all but for my life one IPK is enough.Dammit ...

I want to see em together , yes I do but I am fine with their journey of their own.I want them to succeed in every venture...for me there is only one...venture of IPK ...bas keh diya...

I can't move on but as I always learned how to deal with the pain by walking through it.. and I will be stronger than ever...My Mantra.

Edited by ArshiHamesha - 10 years ago
indi52 thumbnail
Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Indi, interesting post.  

thanks, cynthia...

it's hard to fight this feeling at times. 
indi52 thumbnail
Originally posted by: cinthiann1758

Indi, interesting post.  

What can I say about IPK and its intoxicating affect on me, on us.  
Here I am a foreigner, an Italian American middle age woman, who fell madly in love with a Hindi serial, go figure.
What was it about this show that drew me in, that I am still discussing it and pining for these characters?
I loved them all but it was this man and this woman that lassoed my heart.
Arnav Singh Raizada, a handsome, dark character full of anger  and sex appeal but deeply loyal, strong in character, brilliant businessman, and deeply hurt.  He always reminded me of a caged lion, never knew when he was going to pounce.  He also didn't know how to display love but only to his sister did we see his true unguarded love (whenever his back wasn't turned to her).  The glimpse of that love that he would have for another once his walls tumbled.  He also man handled his women, an abuser in my POV, but that also excited me.  Could he be tamed?  Could he change?  Did I really want him to change?
Khushi a gorgeous, zany, middle class girl, full of sanskar, moral ethics, loyal to her family and devout to her Devi Maiyya.  I loved Khushi, I lusted for Arnav.  I knew that this girl could win his heart and I watched as she slowly grew from a young girl to a mature woman finally aware of her desire.  She didn't know that her fast heartbeats and  quick shallow breaths meant desire until Arnav told her that their hearts were united but I love her boldness to ask him why she felt the way she did?
The show depicted their flaming desire from the first show.  It was all in the eyes, both sets of eyes, Arnav and Khushi.
This show pulled me, made my heart race.  I hated Fridays and couldn't wait for it to be on again on Monday.  I am an addict, intoxicated by this show, looking always for reruns...watching over and over again .  Longing for these actors to come together again.

every word in pink hit me hard... especially deeply loyal and zany. two terribly dear characters... and cynthia, is it too childish to say i want them back? maybe it is... but i don't care. never has our tv or movie or anything seen such a thing... why do precious things melt away like this... thanks so much for that lovely set of feelings. 

there are shows being written about that are on right now, yet, somehow, this show, not here more than a year, is more interesting to read about write about... episodes, anger, emotions, whatever.
cinthiann1758 thumbnail
Originally posted by: indi52

every word in pink hit me hard... especially deeply loyal and zany. two terribly dear characters... and cynthia, is it too childish to say i want them back? maybe it is... but i don't care. never has our tv or movie or anything seen such a thing... why do precious things melt away like this... thanks so much for that lovely set of feelings. 

there are shows being written about that are on right now, yet, somehow, this show, not here more than a year, is more interesting to read about write about... episodes, anger, emotions, whatever.

Indi I forgot to mention the music of the show was spot on.  Loved it gave me chills from Rabba Ve to poolside music to ASR theme etc.  all brilliant some haunting but music that placed chills all over.  As well as the songs played Teri Meri, Saiyyan, ...just beautiful.
DurgaS thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Just read this and I am emotional again. It has been awhile but the effect hasn't diminished a bit. The other day I was pissed off with someone, was going on with my work with a grumpy look. I suddenly remembered a scene which I saw earlier and in came this broad smile, like magic. I stopped right there and felt why this show had to go away. Such healing powers it has. Seriously, psychiatrists should prescribe IPK for depressed people.
Msserialfan123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Dear indi!
A truly heartfelt post! What we do without people like you? You put into words what we feel... absolutely loved it!

I still haven't lost the love. Truly what do you call this love? Still watch scenes, and daily motion videos and vms, practically know the dialogues of each scene... still want to watch more... one more unnoticed expression, just that flick of the hair or eyebrows, or the intense eyes, those fabulous eyes and that voice.

Just watched a few episodes of the tamil version on Vijay TV and as Khushi would say,." aisa bhi koi bolta hai kya! "without expression or modulation.  Mami would say, " black and white film jaise banat hai, isme na elaiche ka khushboo aur na adrak ka swad, ekdum phiki!" and so am back to bftp or ismailvegamze ki jai! Ka kare nandakisore?

Edited by Msserialfan123 - 10 years ago
riti4u thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
I wud just give you a big hug..🤗