Chat Clubs

India-Forums

Chat Clubs
Chat Clubs

9-10ers zone 2: Devil Horns needed for invite (Page 56)

sonali.19281 IF-Sizzlerz
sonali.19281
sonali.19281

Posted: 14 January 2014 at 8:08pm | IP Logged
@Anu- ROFL at the matey-sque faint reactionLOL unfair sherlock
as for breaking bad- havent seen a single epi of that but heard a lottt about it esp from binu who swears by it... wayy too much to catch up on.. besides thats an original screenplay right? I tend to get all excited about good adapted screenplays of classics and too dejected and cynical over bad ones (Robert Downey one for ex)LOL so its quite possible am skewed in my preference here.. besides my best friend here are all into SH too.. we kinda have too much Doyle reading in school to back up on.. its funny how long we can talk about Tolkien or Doyle or Milton etc.. I can still rant away over a supposed mediocre movie 'Seven' due to the Paradise lost references.. 

with Reichenbach fall .. I dont remember being in such a high.. coz apart from the inception bit .. it was pretty true to the original in a contemporary setting.. but with this.. am just too pleased with the different tangents and liberties taken as there was room for it.. the end didnt even matter to me.. I would rather Mary even kill him LOL I in fact thought they would let her.. just to be in Doyle loyalty.. as for the mind palace of Augustus.. what fascinated me was the whole parallel drawn again with Sherlock.. that every time he self proclaims being a sociopath its a defense mechanism.. LOL he is staring at bigger sociopaths with uncanny similarity to some of his traits but what makes him different is he so easily could have crossed the line that he still hasnt.. the whole I am NOT A HERO.. was cleverly placed.. to prove that point to himself and to Augustus/ audience yet againLOL try harder Sherlock..

after Moriarty .. the short stories in SH kept ref to how its boring coz SH knew he wont ever face such a remarkable adversary.. and even with Augustus he doesnt really get involved but be more of a spectator.. what I liked in this is the whole divergence of the IMPACT CAM had on him psychologically .. to take him places in his journey.. very counter intuitive one may think.. but still rather novel as Doyle never suggested that.. for god knows what reason.. maybe her was BORED of SHLOL he did harp on how SH was becoming a creative hindrance but the public demand kept him alive

I  hope they come back sooner.. but Martin still has the last hobbit to finish shooting.. and BC too has some tie ups I hear.. Moffat said the scheds look very tight as of now.. I keep getting my regular dose of Martin thro Peter Jackson Vlogs .. so m fine.. its only after Hobbit ends that I'll hit withdrawal in the real sense.. it'll be a voidd.. No Tolkien .. no SH.. they better adapt another masterpiece like hitchhiker's guide or something.. cant imagine life without my fave fiction adaptations.. 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

AreYaar

AreYaar IF-Achieverz
AreYaar
AreYaar

Posted: 14 January 2014 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
@Sonali: LOL I guess then for you it's a case of a HARD CORE Doyle fan...you are viewing everything through that prism...while I've not read the original stories so I'm just viewing each episode, each series as a fresh storyline...I don't know how many changes have/have not been made for the adaptations so I can't really  have a take on them in that sense. 

So yeah somehow for me the "Oh so your mind IS the palace, ok then I'll just shoot you" wasn't really that shocking to me...but yeah the parallels were there for Sherlock both with Moriarty as well as CAM...albeit in different ways...still enjoyed the Moriarty version more though I have to admit.

And wow you are that huge of a Martin fan that you need to see him through vlogs? LOL  I don't keep that much track...I guess I'm a bigger BC fan...thought he was amazing in Star Trek too...but yeah they are all getting more famous, more popular so it's unlikely the show will be back before next year...Moffat has DW to do as well.

Breaking Bad is the greatest show ever made, period...but if you don't want to watch it simply cuz it's not an adapted screenplay, ok thenLOL...enjoy your Tolkiens.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

sonali.19281-Swetha-

sonali.19281 IF-Sizzlerz
sonali.19281
sonali.19281

Posted: 14 January 2014 at 9:51pm | IP Logged
LOL Anu- noo I havent gotten to Breaking Bad coz I am that incredibly lazy as a viewerLOL it'll take me a lifetime to catch up that many  seasons.. SH I have seen on and off over the past yr one series at a time on DVD on weekend with friends.. and recently did a marathon to be in sync again.. with SH short stories the back story is my elder bro liked SH and dad thought that was the only way to cultivate reading habits in him but he bugger was sooo lazy.. that all the SH books he kept safe and once I was in mid school and avid reader I would read it to both of us at night b4 sleeping..loads of childhood memories besides mom wld read the vyomkesh stories .. so i like this genre as such.. so yeah I do end up watching the series with a prismatic perception
I am a HARDCORE Tolkien fanLOL so his LOTR/Hobbit adaptations and any little trivia vid is in my radarBig smile so ofc Martin is..I have gulped every peter jackson's makings vid.LOL. I started SH knowing Martin over BCROFL coz my current hollywood knowledge sucks big timeLOL I was filled in on BC and later saw Star trek.. am a little old school in - I read more regularlyy than I watchLOL and get all excited over any  fiction I would hv grown up on or liked being adapted..in general I am lost on tv shows..eer since i left home for college I didnt own a tv and never missed it.. and now ofc it all onlineLOL watching a Big boss or random desi show is my trash pleasureLOL
KJasoosChulbulP IF-Rockerz
KJasoosChulbulP
KJasoosChulbulP

Posted: 15 January 2014 at 7:40am | IP Logged
@sonali @areyaar I don't see how Sherlock s3 represents masterf or brilliance either. Sher locks own death is like a Hindi movie and moriarty's own return / well it should be impossible if Sherlock is as brilliant as he is as he died in front of him.

Even s3 while much better to watch than e2
Essentially makes Sherlock a murderer - a master brain needs to murder - so essentially he isn't so good after all? Moriarty killed himself and Sherlock killed the other criminal he couldn't outthink.

I enjoyed the series thoroughly for entertainment and will watch s4 - just don't think it was masterful.

P.s dr Watson finally seems to have come on his own in the final episode.

sonali.19281

Nishita123 IF-Stunnerz
Nishita123
Nishita123

Posted: 15 January 2014 at 9:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by filmibuff00

Did anyone see Maatey and Kuku's interview with Malishka? That RJ is so their PR - no wonder she was only praising her on the show.
I can't watch Maatey on screen but I saw a promo where she claims Tanisha fans have called her Gobar and someone did that to her in school and usne unka muh tod diya or something around those lines LOL Amazing how she is trying to play the abuse victim card when her PR have gone in and blasted other contestants with filth.

Nothing New Maatey the "Strong" woman has always played victim card and became India's #1 drama queen and bully  ( be it JDJ , be it BB ) , double standards at its best  !!  LOLLOL

And regarding Malishka being Maatey's PR - very much possible , Jab nikamma BB hi Maatey ka PR tha and sab maatey ke PR ko hi show mein bulaya tha usne...AngrySleepy

Edited by Nishita123 - 15 January 2014 at 9:23am

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

WorldYatriRapier-RaniTheRowdiestBeingBlunt

Nishita123 IF-Stunnerz
Nishita123
Nishita123

Posted: 15 January 2014 at 9:11am | IP Logged
Thank you Rani, FB and Minnie for sharing those pics and tweets...but ab Payal/Sangy toh gaye...bhagwaan hi bachaaye un "powerful/strong" hashtaggers se ab unko...SleepyLOLLOL
Where is kitkat ?? we used to call Sangy Paaji , BB ka sunil shetty lolz...and both of them together  in a picture ?? ...hahaha LOL

Edited by Nishita123 - 15 January 2014 at 9:14am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

WorldYatriRapier-RaniTheRowdiest

-Rani IF-Stunnerz
-Rani
-Rani

Posted: 15 January 2014 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Tanisha, Tanuja and Kajol at the Screen AwardsBig smile

Edited by -Rani - 15 January 2014 at 11:29am

ScorpionGunner

-Rani IF-Stunnerz
-Rani
-Rani

Posted: 15 January 2014 at 2:53pm | IP Logged
Tanisha's Interview along with Kajol at the screen awards. Kajol said that she is proud of Tanisha's stint at BB7 and she is very happy that Tani is out because she missed her very much. Tani said she missed Kajol moreLOLSmile 

Good to see the 2 sisters talking so proudly of their momSmile

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=emExM0P-GA8

Edited by -Rani - 15 January 2014 at 2:54pm

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

WorldYatriScorpionGunnerTheRowdiestBeingBlunt

Go to top