Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon

India-Forums

Please take a look at this (abt Khushi) (Page 2)

Arshi1195 Goldie
Arshi1195
Arshi1195

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 3:34pm | IP Logged
Khushi is the best character of Ipkknd in my opinion. Being OTT was her character she was meant to do that, until it got out of hand because the writers butchered her character really bad. While Arnav at times was pathetic. He should be glad she agreed to stay with him after he said she slept with people for money and insulted her family. 

Edited by Arshi1195 - 05 January 2014 at 3:32pm

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

-ChildOfChrist-Titaliya_APFAYKHAN29

stg1 IF-Rockerz
stg1
stg1

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
good question! i love khushi, i loved her when she was happy, sad, crazy, upset, in love, angry, annoyed, sweet, sanki, forgiving, just everything about her! because they built her up so beautifully in the beginning a lot of people were expecting something different from her character after the forced marriage and instead we got what is now termed as 'ott'. i think they didn't allow khushi's character to fully progress and develop as it should have, and people felt that loss. 

she did have that element to her nature, and it was kind of why she always drove asr up the wall and i loved that in her. but it used to be one part of her along with other parts like how she would try to make things better for others always or how she fought with arnav for what was right and how she stood up for herself when she resigned. but they slowly reduced all these parts of her personality to the background and just brought her craziness to the front. it was funny but the subtlety and layers to her character were overlooked. 

personally i loved that crazy part, it was hilarious and funny and beautiful and perfectly enacted by sanaya. i even enjoyed her 101 ways to irritate arnav because she always tried to look for the best in any situation and didn't have any other way to get back at him. but yeah, towards the end they really played too much with both arnav and khushi. the few times in the show where i thought 'nooo' and cringed slightly, watching thru my fingers, was that towel dance, khushi's singing/fashion show in arnavs office, and parts of the miss india and sheetal tracks where they didn't allow khushi to actually be khushi. 

watching the rerun right now reminds me how beautiful she is as a character, the game changer in arnavs life, the one who brings colour and laughter and light into the darkness of his world. she was very delicately handled by the creatives and i wish they'd given her the same care and attention till the end. but whatever she did that was out of character, whatever they made her do towards the last few tracks, she was still beautiful to me and i always saw her thru arnavs eyes! i love her immensely and i think she is just amazing Heart

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

-ChildOfChrist-

Go to top