Please take a look at this (abt Khushi)

-ChildOfChrist- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
I've seen so many people say that Khushi is annoying and is OTT 
Yes, Khushi is sometimes annoying but she is not OTT
It's just the way she is a happy-go-lucky crazy girl

Why do people not like Khushi's character?

P.S. she can't be perfect after all she's human too 
Edited by crazyforsarun - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-UnknownSoul- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Yes I used to hate that topics!
I still remember when khushi wore those Western clothes and came in arnavs cabin!
People were making so many topics on how OTT was that!

I never felt she was OTT! She was beautiful!
Khushi was never OTT
FAYKHAN29 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Well,i thk khushi got OTT after force marrige,
Liya123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
She was not OTT, she was a cute, bubbly girlEdited by Liya123 - 10 years ago
Titaliya_AP thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Khushi is Khushi, she just wants to make others smile.

Everyone tells me that ASR/Arnav is their favorite character, but for me it's always been Khushi.
Titaliya_AP thumbnail
I had to add more to this so here I go :P 

Honestly, I think there has become a sort of stereotype for the women characters of Indian television. We seem to already know what their going to do in a specific situation. Although there are those few women character I've seen that disprove that.

For example, in IPKKND. I remember during the first couple of episodes, after Payal's marriage got called off and she was feeling really upset and guilty. And then at the end of one of those episodes, she gets out a carton of oil. When I saw that, I thought "Oh, she's going to try and commit suicide!" I was just so used to the typical female main characters I guess. And then the beginning of the next episode, they show her making jalebis! I laughed so hard, that was literally the moment when I started truly loving her, and I knew I always would! What a beautiful character. <3 

I have a lot of reasons for loving Khushi and here are some!

How she fulfills the meaning of her name completely.

She isn't the perfect daughter, sister, friend, wife, daughter-in-law, mother, etc,

But it's all her little imperfections that makes her so perfect because despite them she tries her hardest to fulfill her role no matter what.

How she practically breathes life, love, and laughter along with everything else no matter how heartbreaking or destructive.

She isn't afraid to be herself.

She is happy, she is sad, she is mad, she is crazy, she is everything. She in herself is a juxtaposition and that makes her who she is.

And my favorite part is that she is such a variety in herself that anyone could find themselves in her, perfections and imperfections all, and I mean anyone.

Her epic-ness as a characters rests in herself as us.

Khushi can be any one of us because she has a little of all of us.<3

zohakhan7 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 7
Didnt Arnav himself told that Khushi is pagal but cute hai 😳
So i think Khushi is not OTT but crazy and wants to spread happiness everywhere
Oliver.Queen thumbnail
Some parts I felt Khushi was out of her character like when she tried to commit suicide. Or when she dresses up as a school assistant during Sheetal track. Other than that, love Khushi. 
Arshi1195 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 6
Khushi is the best character of Ipkknd in my opinion. Being OTT was her character she was meant to do that, until it got out of hand because the writers butchered her character really bad. While Arnav at times was pathetic. He should be glad she agreed to stay with him after he said she slept with people for money and insulted her family.  Edited by Arshi1195 - 10 years ago
stg1 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 3 Thumbnail
good question! i love khushi, i loved her when she was happy, sad, crazy, upset, in love, angry, annoyed, sweet, sanki, forgiving, just everything about her! because they built her up so beautifully in the beginning a lot of people were expecting something different from her character after the forced marriage and instead we got what is now termed as 'ott'. i think they didn't allow khushi's character to fully progress and develop as it should have, and people felt that loss. 

she did have that element to her nature, and it was kind of why she always drove asr up the wall and i loved that in her. but it used to be one part of her along with other parts like how she would try to make things better for others always or how she fought with arnav for what was right and how she stood up for herself when she resigned. but they slowly reduced all these parts of her personality to the background and just brought her craziness to the front. it was funny but the subtlety and layers to her character were overlooked. 

personally i loved that crazy part, it was hilarious and funny and beautiful and perfectly enacted by sanaya. i even enjoyed her 101 ways to irritate arnav because she always tried to look for the best in any situation and didn't have any other way to get back at him. but yeah, towards the end they really played too much with both arnav and khushi. the few times in the show where i thought 'nooo' and cringed slightly, watching thru my fingers, was that towel dance, khushi's singing/fashion show in arnavs office, and parts of the miss india and sheetal tracks where they didn't allow khushi to actually be khushi. 

watching the rerun right now reminds me how beautiful she is as a character, the game changer in arnavs life, the one who brings colour and laughter and light into the darkness of his world. she was very delicately handled by the creatives and i wish they'd given her the same care and attention till the end. but whatever she did that was out of character, whatever they made her do towards the last few tracks, she was still beautiful to me and i always saw her thru arnavs eyes! i love her immensely and i think she is just amazing ❤️