Mahabharat

India-Forums

Mahabharat
Mahabharat

Like or Dislike Yudhishtir/ VB Nt pg 22 (Page 21)

Poll Question: What's your take on Yudhishtir?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
61 [54.95%]
50 [45.05%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Pooja-- Senior Member
Pooja--
Pooja--

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
Yudhishteer was evil person. He bet his own wife and brothers. I will never forget him.
AngryHe lied to his guru and killed him.Shocked
He never trusted Draupadi and told her that she loves arjun more.Ouch
He loved his brothers.Dead

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Addictz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 2:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by SRUJAconscience

Yudhishthira stands for duty and righteousness. He is also known as Dharmaraja, and he is the son of the god Dharma.His character unveiling in the 'Great Epic' is slow but steady!Just like the chakras of body right from Mooladhara begin with a 4 petal lotus but end with a 1000 petal lotus his identity becomes strong and powerful in the later parvas.So was the effect absent in the beginning!?No!It was present all the time and everywhere but can be sensed only if the seeker is focussed in right angles.

Yudhishtira is often referred to as 'Ajatasatru', one who has no enemies.His other name 'Tyaga' (Unloving to wordly things).These names have to play a key role in interpreting his actions during the dice game.

Now please tell me can a person who can never keep enemity with anyone outside think of rivalry with his own relations!???From where do competition and opposition arise!???How do these 'yours' and 'mine' occur!???

Whom can you give everything you possess?Ofcourse the one you consider your 'own'!Yuddhishtir considered all the Kauravas,their elders & relations his own,was this his fault!????How can this trait be 'Adharma'!???

Many members critisised him saying 'Yuddhishtir staked everything including his brothers and wife as a commodity' to this I'll say, definitions may differ, people's thoughts may be narrow while interpreting, but the truth remains unchanged and only the right view can lead you to the real.

Suppose you had to play dice with your own parents and siblings at your home.What do you do!?How do you react!?Just think for a moment!

Yuddhishtir staked his wealth...because he believed that his wealth is his brothers also.Who can say all this is ours!?

Yuddhistir staked his Kingdom...a king's subjects will bear the same recognition (as People- Praja)for his wife,brothers and children.So does pawning them make any difference!?

Yuddhishtir staked his Pandava Brothers...because he knew that his siblings were brothers of Kauravas also.

Yuddhishtir staked his wife...wasn't she related to Kauravas!?As said by Shri Ram a elder brother's wife is deemed to be a mother and the younger brother's wife is like a daughter.(posted in detail by Cool-n-Fresh)Yuddhshtir didn't stake her as a 'commodity'.He very well knew that his wife was like a mother to Kauravas so by staking her neither she becomes their slave nor her relationship with him gets abolished.

But they!?Insulted their mother by dragging her and pulling her cloth!!What name can be given to such...!!!It was a 'big shame' on their part!

Being Dharma Yuddhishtir very well knew what belongs to him belongs to them and what belongs to them is his.How can someone establish such a relation unless he/she is a true companion!?I salute to this attribute of Yuddhishtir!

The second one is 'Tyaga'.

Yuddhishtir by this act teaches us that wealth and prosperity are transient and the body is subject to decay and death.Knowing this, he did his duty, leaving all attachment to the things of this world and next.

Wow, this is such a beautiful and spiritual description of Yudhisthir's character. Day Dreaming I thoroughly enjoyed reading it. For me, Mahabharat is very much a spiritual tale with a deeper meaning, so I missed reading such spiritual explanations behind the characters' actions. Thank you for sharing this, you really made me respect Yudhisthir's character more with this explanation. 

The following 5 member(s) liked the above post:

Cotswolds_gReenheaRt_DharmaPriyaamythili2AnjanaYYZ

_gReenheaRt_ Goldie
_gReenheaRt_
_gReenheaRt_

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 6:58pm | IP Logged

JanakiRaghunath

Even the Globe has to be presented flat on a piece of paper but this doesn't convey the Earth's shape as a plane or disc.

Edited by SRUJAconscience - 10 February 2014 at 6:58pm

DharmaPriyaacherrycoollmythili2AnjanaYYZ..RamKiJanaki..

mythili2 IF-Sizzlerz
mythili2
mythili2

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 8:20pm | IP Logged

Yudhishthira stands for duty and righteousness. He is also known as Dharmaraja, and he is the son of the god Dharma.His character unveiling in the 'Great Epic' is slow but steady!Just like the chakras of body right from Mooladhara begin with a 4 petal lotus but end with a 1000 petal lotus his identity becomes strong and powerful in the later parvas.So was the effect absent in the beginning!?No!It was present all the time and everywhere but can be sensed only if the seeker is focussed in right angles.

Yudhishtira is often referred to as 'Ajatasatru', one who has no enemies.His other name 'Tyaga' (Unloving to wordly things).These names have to play a key role in interpreting his actions during the dice game.

Now please tell me can a person who can never keep enemity with anyone outside think of rivalry with his own relations!???From where do competition and opposition arise!???How do these 'yours' and 'mine' occur!???

Whom can you give everything you possess?Ofcourse the one you consider your 'own'!Yuddhishtir considered all the Kauravas,their elders & relations his own,was this his fault!????How can this trait be 'Adharma'!???

Many members critisised him saying 'Yuddhishtir staked everything including his brothers and wife as a commodity' to this I'll say, definitions may differ, people's thoughts may be narrow while interpreting, but the truth remains unchanged and only the right view can lead you to the real.

Suppose you had to play dice with your own parents and siblings at your home.What do you do!?How do you react!?Just think for a moment!

Yuddhishtir staked his wealth...because he believed that his wealth is his brothers also.Who can say all this is ours!?

Yuddhistir staked his Kingdom...a king's subjects will bear the same recognition (as People- Praja)for his wife,brothers and children.So does pawning them make any difference!?

Yuddhishtir staked his Pandava Brothers...because he knew that his siblings were brothers of Kauravas also.

Yuddhishtir staked his wife...wasn't she related to Kauravas!?As said by Shri Ram a elder brother's wife is deemed to be a mother and the younger brother's wife is like a daughter.(posted in detail by Cool-n-Fresh)Yuddhshtir didn't stake her as a 'commodity'.He very well knew that his wife was like a mother to Kauravas so by staking her neither she becomes their slave nor her relationship with him gets abolished.

But they!?Insulted their mother by dragging her and pulling her cloth!!What name can be given to such...!!!It was a 'big shame' on their part!

Being Dharma Yuddhishtir very well knew what belongs to him belongs to them and what belongs to them is his.How can someone establish such a relation unless he/she is a true companion!?I salute to this attribute of Yuddhishtir!

Yuddhishtir by this act teaches us that wealth and prosperity are transient and the body is subject to decay and death.Knowing this, he did his duty, leaving all attachment to the things of this world and next.

ClapThis is just awesome analysis of yudhistir's character...never thought in this way..thank you..I wont say I started liking him bt definitely my dislike fr him fr the dice game episode reduced..

I just hav a small doubt y ws he describing the jewels n servants etc b4 staking them? Does it not mean boasting abt his wealth?  Sry m not saying he boasted or something bt it s really my genuine doubt..hw shud v interprit that was it that he just got carried away in the game or something ? Someone plz do explain.. :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

_gReenheaRt_

DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler
DharmaPriyaa
DharmaPriyaa

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by JanakiRaghunath

Originally posted by medha00

Anjana, right.Why judge him just for the sin of a half lie and betting his brothers and wife.If karnas sin of verbally abusing and ordering the stripping of a "per istri", someone elses wife,is being ignored because of his good qualities like being generous and kind etc and also that it was in the heat of the moment. Then why is that yudhishtiras all good qualities and deeds are being overlooked because of these two sins he made, betting coming under the "in the heat of the moment".

Because that's Karna and this is Yudhisthira, and Yudhisthira can never be as cool or great as Karna. Wink 

This is nothing but the unavoidable effect of Kaliyug Cry as you know, Duryodhan was incarnation of Kali Angry so it's his kingdom presently going on LOL & his people are showing raaj bhakti by respecting him & his friend Karna LOL  most of them think Yudhishthir was a foolish person. But if goodness = foolishness according to Kaliyug dictionary, then it's very dangerous symptom to society.

Moreover, Karna did never repent for whatever he had done, but Yudhishthir performed a complete prayashchitta during his exile. He forgave everyone except himself. That mentality washed his fault & made him pure again. 

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

varaaliMedha.Smythili2..RamKiJanaki..

DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler
DharmaPriyaa
DharmaPriyaa

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 10:00pm | IP Logged

I salute you dear friend StarClap for this beautiful post about our Dharmaraaj Smile you are respectable for us as you have strong respect to such a noble character Star I agree to each & every point of you Smile even I have thought on dice game & posted some pages before but your thinking is far better than mine Clap I think it's insult of Dharma itself if we cannot respect the sign of Dharma of Dwapar Yug, also respecting him is equal to respecting Dharma (I have a strong personal emotion to Yudhishthir's character from childhood Embarrassed as I loved him the most when I read the epic first Smile) so your post is a real treasure for me Big smile may Lord Krishna Bless you always! Smile

_gReenheaRt_varaaliMedha.Smythili2..RamKiJanaki..

RosChel.Lobster IF-Rockerz
RosChel.Lobster
RosChel.Lobster

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 10:20pm | IP Logged

Clap Clap Clap This one is a Star Post...what great analysis n u have really changed my perception towards him...thnks alot for this valuable post Smile

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

_gReenheaRt_cherrycoollDharmaPriyaaanyadiv96Intrepidamythili2

mnx12 Moderator
mnx12
mnx12

Posted: 11 February 2014 at 12:08am | IP Logged
Note:

Some posts in this thread are just passing snide remarks on characters. Stick to the topic of discussion while sharing your views. This topic is about the characters of this epic. Refrain from confusing it with any actor's name intentionally or unintetionally.

Edited by mnx12 - 11 February 2014 at 12:32am

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

.Vrish.RosChel.Lobster...Diala...IntrepidaAmor.riti4u

Go to top