Mahabharat

India-Forums

Mahabharat
Mahabharat

Like or Dislike Yudhishtir/ VB Nt pg 22 (Page 2)

Poll Question: What's your take on Yudhishtir?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
61 [54.95%]
50 [45.05%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

RosChel.Lobster IF-Rockerz
RosChel.Lobster
RosChel.Lobster

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 8:15pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by simplysappy

Whatever be the reason, staking ur wife is such a sin which no amount of penance can neutralise.. She's ur better-half and not a commodity, so being the reason and silent spectator of her disrespect and dishonour is an unforgivable mistake .. Especially when others regard u as dharmaraj ...
kinda agree with u Smile
Originally posted by Arijit007

even being well versed in dharma yudhishthir disrespected women by thinking that draupadi, his wife was an object which can be put down as a bet, by doing this, he had insulted shakti herself and him going scot free for that was more bigger injustice than gaandhari's curse on krishna in my book. i think that the title dharmaraaj is unsuiteble for a person who commited this kind of sin.
u r right in a way Smile

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

gowri122

RosChel.Lobster
RosChel.Lobster

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 8:21pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by medha00

Keeping in mind gender equality, can we see beyond the wife thing and pay attention to the fact that he staked 5 other human beings after he had lost himself. So technicaly, after he lost himself, he had no right on the five other humans.
Why did his brothers not protest. They could all have rejected the crap and just leave.
I didn't add on Pandavas name coz ppl sympathise for Draupadi being staked as she was on the verge of being stripped off n Bheem did protest not for themeselves but for Draupadi he did protest Smile

Originally posted by mythili2

i dnt like him bt i dnt hate him either... ..infact i hate drithrastra most..he cud hav easily stopped evrything tat ws happening bt he is jst too much blind in his sons love...
y only Dhrit there were many elders who could have stopped it if Vikarna protested so even Bheeshma or Drona could have done so Sleepy

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gowri122navya19

navya19 IF-Stunnerz
navya19
navya19

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 9:14pm | IP Logged
Nice poll Rush I but u missed on third option...I like him for ardent follower of dharma & don't like his decision of betting draupadi which is completely wrong & none of the four brothers or elders in sabhagrah objected this act of duryodhan or Yudi

RosChel.Lobster

--Royal-- IF-Stunnerz
--Royal--
--Royal--

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 9:43pm | IP Logged
Hate him...coz he staking his wife n Bro.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

gowri122RosChel.Lobster

Medha.S IF-Rockerz
Medha.S
Medha.S

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 9:52pm | IP Logged
Huh. I have always been confused about him.
I have more sympathy than like or dislike for the dude.A person is what his parents raise him to be.And kunti was not a saint as she is shown here.She had a seedy personality and was mighty jealous and cuttingly rude to madri.Yudhi, being the eldest probably was more exposed to the problems and tension between his parents and tried to keep the youngers away from it.That is what the eldest child in the family does.Growing up with 2 women fighting all the time.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

gowri122Aradhana__5RosChel.Lobster

Medha.S IF-Rockerz
Medha.S
Medha.S

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
And not to mention that pandu, knowing that yudhi wasnt his own child could never fully accept him, again children can feel these things and yudhi knew his father wasnt that fond of him, resulting in him thinking that he was not upto the expectations of his fathers wanted traits in his first born who can be a king.
Madri and kunti were not exactly happy with what pandu brought upon himself and there was always the feeling of desperation in the hut and yudhi had to live with his mom,dad and step mom.

RosChel.Lobster

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 12:39am | IP Logged
I disdain Yudisthir, but Draupadi ain't the sole reason.  Note that in that era, a persons younger brothers & wife did belong to him, which is why it was not held against him.  Not that I condone what he did.

I disdain Yudisthir b'cos he seemed to love his enemies more than his friends.  For instance, he stopped his brothers from protecting Draupadi & didn't protect her himself, but when Chitrasena captured the Kauravas, he sent Bhima & Arjun to free them.  They pointed out the justice of it all, and Yudisthir made the inane argument that the Gandharvas were foreigners, while the Kauravas were their kith & kin.  How is that compatible w/ someone who put dharam above everything else?  After all, Kansa was Krishna's mama, Sishupala & Dantavatra his cousins but that didn't stop Krishna from killing them.  Krishna taught that one should put dharam above one's relationships, but Yudisthir, in that incident, said that one should put one's relationships above dharam.

There are more reasons, which I'll come to later.

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

gowri122Aradhana__5BhavaanicherrycoollRosChel.LobsterMedha.Smythili2Rihan05

RosChel.Lobster
RosChel.Lobster

Posted: 06 January 2014 at 12:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

I disdain Yudisthir, but Draupadi ain't the sole reason.  Note that in that era, a persons younger brothers & wife did belong to him, which is why it was not held against him.  Not that I condone what he did.

I disdain Yudisthir b'cos he seemed to love his enemies more than his friends.  For instance, he stopped his brothers from protecting Draupadi & didn't protect her himself, but when Chitrasena captured the Kauravas, he sent Bhima & Arjun to free them.  They pointed out the justice of it all, and Yudisthir made the inane argument that the Gandharvas were foreigners, while the Kauravas were their kith & kin.  How is that compatible w/ someone who put dharam above everything else?  After all, Kansa was Krishna's mama, Sishupala & Dantavatra his cousins but that didn't stop Krishna from killing them.  Krishna taught that one should put dharam above one's relationships, but Yudisthir, in that incident, said that one should put one's relationships above dharam.

There are more reasons, which I'll come to later.
Bang on Vrish Clap Now this post is definitely out of the blues n is not of the regular reasons...would really love to read other reasons too...that will b quite enlightening Smile But 1 question to u so do u think Yudhishtir had a right to stake his wife n brothers just coz dey belonged to him? Just wanna know ur Point of View on it Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

gowri122Aradhana__5Medha.Smythili2

Go to top