Mahabharat

India-Forums

Mahabharat
Mahabharat

Like or Dislike Yudhishtir/ VB Nt pg 22 (Page 19)

Poll Question: What's your take on Yudhishtir?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
61 [54.95%]
50 [45.05%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

Medha.S IF-Rockerz
Medha.S
Medha.S

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 7:07am | IP Logged
@rushika and myths no women! I meant that rohit would be heart broken and downright depressed to know that ... Appearently, Mahabharat happened because of him.
But he didnt expect this.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

RosChel.Lobstermythili2--Royal--

cherrycooll IF-Dazzler
cherrycooll
cherrycooll

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 7:09am | IP Logged

Originally posted by varaali

@ Cool-n-fresh

So according to you, you can love everyone, but you can only 'desire' your wife? 

If the Pandavas had been so 'crushed by desire' than how is that on the night of the swayamvara - the first night she spent at her husband/s' house - Drishtadyumna found her sleeping separately / peacefully.

If the Pandavas had been so 'crushed by desire' then that night they would have been talking  about the woman who was now their wife. But no, they were talking about mystical weapons, war formations, horses and elephants. 

True, they were faced with a strange predicament, but once resolved, they put it behind them. They did not keeping thinking about Draupadi . They did not agonize about how they would 'share' her etc etc. In fact they put the whole issue  behind them turned to other matters

If the Pandavas had been 'crushed by desire' they would not have been content to have only one child  each from Draupadi. They would not have been able to observe brahmachrya during their 13 year exile.

I missed this post.

@ Red - No,I never said this way!I even mentioned 'life partner'.People confine love to relationship between a man and a woman but it is not like that!Please read my previous post again.

@ Green  - This 'senses crushed by desire' is not my imaginary description.It's mentioned like that in VedVyas Mahabharat.

@ Violet - I vote for all these points.Thumbs Up They will turn the discussion to a new path,a better one.Clap
But why Ved Vyas used 'senses crushed by desire'!?

Let me tell you,I find various events and descriptions contradicting within Mahabharat!I wish to have a divine eye so that I can view all that happened and rewrite the epic.LOL

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

simplysappie

RosChel.Lobster IF-Rockerz
RosChel.Lobster
RosChel.Lobster

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Intrepida

Dont shoot me LOL but I think the dice game was a major public service announcement  (aka yeh sandesh jan heet me jaari kiya hai) and it showed society and the common man that dice game is such a destructive game that you lose all senses in the name of winning or wanting to turn around a losing game, because neither the losing side nor the winning side wants to leave the game; 
And it the game had such an effect on some one we call Dharmraj then how can a common man resist the game...

I would have liked it if Mata Saraswati had prevented him from staking his wife, it goes to show how possessive the game is! Ouch

Besides I think the dice game was a go signal for the Dharm Yudh (Kurukshetra) because without the happenings of that dice game (Draupadi;s insult, society's insult) they were able to make a strong case of war, because without that dice game the case for war was not as strong...

And if you are to say well Kauravas died but what suffering did the Pandavas endure as punishment for the dice game, - they lost their kingdom, went into exile, lost their relatives and sons in battle. (I have a friend who sympathizes with the kauravas towards the end of the Mahabharat). 
well said and precisely put Clap

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Intrepida..RamKiJanaki..

mythili2 IF-Sizzlerz
mythili2
mythili2

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 7:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by medha00

@rushika and myths no women! I meant that rohit would be heart broken and downright depressed to know that ... Appearently, Mahabharat happened because of him.
ROFL poor rohit..
RosChel.Lobster IF-Rockerz
RosChel.Lobster
RosChel.Lobster

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 7:18am | IP Logged

ROFL poor man had no idea that he is root cause of Mahabharat LOL N he'll b taken aback too when he will get to know that he is been disliked by Pooja dear coz he doesn't loves Aham Cry

mythili2

--Royal-- IF-Stunnerz
--Royal--
--Royal--

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 7:25am | IP Logged

Originally posted by Pooja--

Originally posted by Rushika

I dont like Yudhisthir. He never loved Karna and never gave any respect to him. Karna should be the king and not Yudhishthira. Also Ahm looks much better than Rajat.Embarrassed
gal I don't think so Rajat is part of the show so it will b much better if u will stick to the topic rather than posting ur delusions n Manojie didn't say about aham or who looks handsome its about Yudhishtir so stick to it!

Sorry I mean Rohit. He look old but Aham looks so fresh.Also<font color="#cc3333">Rohit does not value women or else he will never bet his own wife.</font> I will never forget him. <font color="#6600ff">Mahabharat happened because of him.</font>
ROFLROFL<font color="#cc3333">do you know him personally?</font>

Rohit would be heart broken to know that.LOL

ROFLROFL What wrong with here ROFL ROFL
mythili2 IF-Sizzlerz
mythili2
mythili2

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 7:36am | IP Logged
infact yudhi was the one who was in more grief aft coming to kw that karna was his bro n was killed due to them..n he said it gave him more pain than his own sons getting killed...
but over here he s being accused fr nt loving karna..y wud he wn he didnt even kw who he was to him?..but when he came to know he was very sad.. 
and i think he was called as dharam raj as he followed dharma not becoz he was son of lord yama..he got that name by his own doings..m not at all a fan of him ..i still dislike him fr staking draupadi his bros n his citizens etc but still he was indeed dharmaraj ..

Edited by mythili2 - 10 February 2014 at 7:42am

Intrepida

AnjanaYYZ IF-Stunnerz
AnjanaYYZ
AnjanaYYZ

Posted: 10 February 2014 at 8:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by mythili2

Originally posted by Rushika

Sorry I mean Rohit. He look old but Aham looks so fresh.AlsoRohit does not value women or else he will never bet his own wife. I will never forget him. Mahabharat happened because of him.
ROFLROFL do you know him personally?

Rohit would be heart broken to know that.LOL

ROFL ROFL ROFL stop this before I die laughing plzz ROFL ROFL n Rohit will b heart broken to know that Aham looks fresh n he looks old or that Rajat tokas is not part of the show? LOL 

@Pooja dear plzzz neva forgive Rohit n go tweet him for what he did to Aham Angry

rushi n medhaROFLROFL
i think he ll be heart broken to kw tat he never valued women which wil may b new fact even to himLOLLOLmedha u meant abt this nly right??LOL

@pooja LOL n what did rohit do to aham??ConfusedLOLLOL

ROFLROFLROFL  Pooja - Rohit is crying because you don't like him.  And Aham is hurt because he now knows that Rohit never loved him, but happy to look fresh

----

Some mistakes are character defining.  To this age Yudi is paying for his two grave sins and being judged for it.  But, what about his lifetime of goodness?  

- Yudi's grave mistake was betting his brothers and wife not just wife betting - that speaks to how clouded his judgment was.   In this day-n-age we would have sent him promptly for some serious gambling addiction counselling and let him reboot.  So, why not display the same level of compassion to the warrior of yore instead of meting judgment.

- His other sin was the1/2 lie he told Drona.  That sin in my op was graver.  But, again I have to ask if all the goodness doesn't wash away even this sin?

Edited by AnjanaYYZ - 10 February 2014 at 10:44am

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

RosChel.Lobstermythili2

Go to top