Mahabharat

India-Forums

Mahabharat
Mahabharat

Like or Dislike Yudhishtir/ VB Nt pg 22 (Page 15)

Poll Question: What's your take on Yudhishtir?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
61 [54.95%]
50 [45.05%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 7:08am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cool-n-Fresh

Were Vrishnis different from Kshatriyas!?ConfusedI know Yayati cursed Yadus that they can't be his successors but what this has to do with their original identity,i.e Lunar Dynasty!?

Yadu was born of a Kshatriya father and Brahmana Mother.. so technically he is a Suta.. he went on to build his own kingdom and started a new ruling clan but that will not make him a Kshatriya.. in this show also you might have noticed that Satyavati was not interested in Pandu attending Kunti's swayamvar saying Kunti was not a Kshatriya Wink

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Cotswolds.Vrish.

cherrycooll IF-Dazzler
cherrycooll
cherrycooll

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 7:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...Diala...

Were Vrishnis different from Kshatriyas!?ConfusedI know Yayati cursed Yadus that they can't be his successors but what this has to do with their original identity,i.e Lunar Dynasty!?

Yadu was born of a Kshatriya father and Brahmana Mother.. so technically he is a Suta.. he went on to build his own kingdom and started a new ruling clan but that will not make him a Kshatriya.. in this show also you might have noticed that Satyavati was not interested in Pandu attending Kunti's swayamvar saying Kunti was not a Kshatriya Wink

So what makes Pandu and Drit Kshatriyas!?Confused

Hey Diala I think we're going off topic.Shall we make a new topic!?LOL
...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 7:22am | IP Logged

So what makes Pandu and Drit Kshatriyas!?Confused
Hey Diala I think we're going off topic.Shall we make a new topic!?LOL

will move to D&D...? Tongue

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

cherrycooll

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 8:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cotswolds

Vrish, I have come across quite a few of your posts in which you Kunti is criticised. Do you have any posts, writeups which explain your view further ? I will be interested. Sorry dont want to turn this thread into Kunti discussion.

You can find my complete views on Kunti in my first post of this thread in MM forum, posted b4 this serial started

Wasn't Kunti a Kshatriya lady!?Confused

By birth she was Yadava/Vrishini.. Adopted by a Kshatriya.. She was indeed Kshatriya per rules of adoption but Madri was not ready to consider that Wink

Yadavas were Kshatriyas - Krishna, Vasudev, Ugrasena, Shurasena, et al.  That wasn't the issue.  Issue was that the Yadavas, being descendant from a pratiloma marriage, were considered a tad lower than kshatriyas descendant from an upaloma marriage.  I'm not sure whether Kuntibhoj was descendant of Devyani or Sharmishtha, which was the dividing line as far as the Yayati megaclan went.

Since Devyani was daughter of Shukracharya, a rishi, but married Yayati, a Kshatriya, their 3 sons were pratiloma, including Yadu, the ancestor of the Yadavas.  Since Sharmishtha was the daughter of the asura king (forgetting his name), she was a kshatrani equivalent, and therefore, her descendants, through Kuru & Puru, were descendants of an upaloma marriage.  Under that definition, Madri was technically correct: she had to accept a lower status than Kunti, even though her ancestry was superior to Kunti's.  She wouldn't have lied to Pandu, so chances are that what she told him was accurate, at least technically

Edited by .Vrish. - 29 January 2014 at 7:59am

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooja--Cotswoldsvaraali...Diala...

Cotswolds Goldie
Cotswolds
Cotswolds

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 1:19pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

first post of this thread in MM forum, posted b4 this serial started

Yadavas were Kshatriyas - Krishna, Vasudev, Ugrasena, Shurasena, et al.  That wasn't the issue.  Issue was that the Yadavas, being descendant from a pratiloma marriage, were considered a tad lower than kshatriyas descendant from an upaloma marriage.  I'm not sure whether Kuntibhoj was descendant of Devyani or Sharmishtha, which was the dividing line as far as the Yayati megaclan went.

Since Devyani was daughter of Shukracharya, a rishi, but married Yayati, a Kshatriya, their 3 sons were pratiloma, including Yadu, the ancestor of the Yadavas.  Since Sharmishtha was the daughter of the asura king (forgetting his name), she was a kshatrani equivalent, and therefore, her descendants, through Kuru & Puru, were descendants of an upaloma marriage.  Under that definition, Madri was technically correct: she had to accept a lower status than Kunti, even though her ancestry was superior to Kunti's.  She wouldn't have lied to Pandu, so chances are that what she told him was accurate, at least technically
Thanks  Vrish. I will go through that thread. Also appreciate details on Pratiloma and Upaloma. Very informative. I always learn a lot from your post.

.Vrish.

Pooja-- Senior Member
Pooja--
Pooja--

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rushika

Originally posted by Pooja--

Originally posted by Manojie

I like Yuddhistir. We can't hold one action against him, even if it was wrong.

It's like something Jesus said: Let the person who has never sinned cast the first stone.

Yuddhistir's mistake was huge, but he made one mistake.

We could find flaws in everyone:

The people who are hating Yuddishtir for this one act, may probably be the same people who admire Karna (Karna was the one who suggested Draupadi be stripped naked).

One action does not make someone worthy of hatred. He repented and Lord Krishna says he will relieve us of all sins if we come to him.

I dont like Yudhisthir. He never loved Karna and never gave any respect to him. Karna should be the king and not Yudhishthira. Also Ahm looks much better than Rajat.Embarrassed
gal I don't think so Rajat is part of the show so it will b much better if u will stick to the topic rather than posting ur delusions n Manojie didn't say about aham or who looks handsome its about Yudhishtir so stick to it! 

Sorry I mean Rohit. He look old but Aham looks so fresh.Also Yudhishteer does not value women or else he will never bet his own wife. I will never forget him. Mahabharat happened because of him.

Edited by Pooja-- - 10 February 2014 at 1:55pm
...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 6:35pm | IP Logged

Sorry I mean Rohit. He look old but Aham looks so fresh.Also Rohit does not value women or else he will never bet his own wife. I will never forget him. Mahabharat happened because of him.

LOLLOL

Pooja you should say Yudishtar here.. we don't know about Rohit.. poor him

Cotswolds

Cotswolds Goldie
Cotswolds
Cotswolds

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 7:40pm | IP Logged

Sorry I mean Rohit. He look old but Aham looks so fresh.Also Rohit does not value women or else he will never bet his own wife. I will never forget him. Mahabharat happened because of him.

LOLLOL

Pooja you should say Yudishtar here.. we don't know about Rohit.. poor him

LOLLOL

...Diala...

Go to top