Mahabharat

India-Forums

   
Mahabharat
Mahabharat

Like or Dislike Yudhishtir/ VB Nt pg 22 (Page 14)

Poll Question: What's your take on Yudhishtir?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
61 [54.95%]
50 [45.05%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Joined: 27 November 2013
Posts: 17738

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 1:15am | IP Logged
Vrish.. in your list except Dhrid, others are not extensively covered in MB right? also their term was short.. so we can't take them for analysis of good and bad.. particularly Dushasan.. whom we don't know anything other than vastraharan..

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

srishtisingh

DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler
DharmaPriyaa
DharmaPriyaa

Joined: 11 December 2010
Posts: 2897

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 1:15am | IP Logged
How were Amba & Madri completely good? Amba was famous for her crookedness, & Madri for a jealous relationship with Kunti, even she decided to die as she knew that she would not be able to love her 3 step sons. Btw I must agree that Madri realized her own fault which is a good thing (as most of Kaliyug people lack this).  

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

srishtisinghCotswolds

.Vrish. Viewbie
.Vrish.
.Vrish.

Joined: 25 October 2008
Posts: 26250

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 1:25am | IP Logged
How was Amba crooked?  Just b'cos of her enmity w/ someone the Kurus all worshipped?  Sorry, but in my book, Bheeshma wasn't a saint.

In fact, how was Amba's situation that different from Sita's, other than Sita being married & Amba being single?  Yeah, unlike Ravan, Bheeshma did release Amba, but Amba was willing to undergo whatever consequences happened: when Shalva rejected her, she was willing to marry Vichu.  When Vichu turned her down, then she turned towards Bheeshma.  Having abducted her, Bheeshma did have the responsibility to get her a husband.  Which he didn't, and hence, Amba's struggle for justice.

Madri was pretty innocent, and probably told Kunti about her being partial only so that she could atone for being the cause of Pandu's death by dying instead of Kunti.  Don't believe the excrement they showed about her in this serial.  If you read the MB, it was Kunti who was jealous of her, and lashed out @ her for having twins.  In fact, Kunti was purely evil and ought to have died long b4 she really did - maybe @ Varnavarta.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Pooja--

...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Joined: 27 November 2013
Posts: 17738

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 1:37am | IP Logged
though I don't like Kunti much and have not hatred to Madri, I believe both were equally jealous on each other and proud about themselves.. Kunti for her Mantra and Madri for her better caste.. Until the date of death of Madri, she and Kunti were the same.. had Kunti died the same day or Madri lived longer both would have been the same.. 

I do think Madri would have claimed that Nakula is the right heir to the throne he being the son of the crowned king and his Kshatriya wife.. may be may be..


Edited by ...Diala... - 29 January 2014 at 1:32am

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

srishtisingh

Cotswolds Goldie
Cotswolds
Cotswolds

Joined: 17 December 2011
Posts: 1758

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 5:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by .Vrish.

How was Amba crooked?  Just b'cos of her enmity w/ someone the Kurus all worshipped?  Sorry, but in my book, Bheeshma wasn't a saint.

In fact, how was Amba's situation that different from Sita's, other than Sita being married & Amba being single?  Yeah, unlike Ravan, Bheeshma did release Amba, but Amba was willing to undergo whatever consequences happened: when Shalva rejected her, she was willing to marry Vichu.  When Vichu turned her down, then she turned towards Bheeshma.  Having abducted her, Bheeshma did have the responsibility to get her a husband.  Which he didn't, and hence, Amba's struggle for justice.

Madri was pretty innocent, and probably told Kunti about her being partial only so that she could atone for being the cause of Pandu's death by dying instead of Kunti.  Don't believe the excrement they showed about her in this serial.  If you read the MB, it was Kunti who was jealous of her, and lashed out @ her for having twins.  In fact, Kunti was purely evil and ought to have died long b4 she really did - maybe @ Varnavarta.

Vrish, I have come across quite a few of your posts in which you Kunti is criticised. Do you have any posts, writeups which explain your view further ? I will be interested. Sorry dont want to turn this thread into Kunti discussion.
cherrycooll IF-Dazzler
cherrycooll
cherrycooll

Joined: 28 April 2013
Posts: 3290

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 6:48am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...Diala...

though I don't like Kunti much and have not hatred to Madri, I believe both were equally jealous on each other and proud about themselves.. Kunti for her Mantra and Madri for her better caste.. Until the date of death of Madri, she and Kunti were the same.. had Kunti died the same day or Madri lived longer both would have been the same.. 

I do think Madri would have claimed that Nakula is the right heir to the throne he being the son of the crowned king and his Kshatriya wife.. may be may be..

Wasn't Kunti a Kshatriya lady!?Confused
...Diala... IF-Sizzlerz
...Diala...
...Diala...

Joined: 27 November 2013
Posts: 17738

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Cool-n-Fresh


Wasn't Kunti a Kshatriya lady!?Confused

By birth she was Yadava/Vrishini.. Adopted by a Kshatriya.. She was indeed Kshatriya per rules of adoption but Madri was not ready to consider that Wink
cherrycooll IF-Dazzler
cherrycooll
cherrycooll

Joined: 28 April 2013
Posts: 3290

Posted: 29 January 2014 at 7:02am | IP Logged
Originally posted by ...Diala...

Originally posted by Cool-n-Fresh


Wasn't Kunti a Kshatriya lady!?Confused

By birth she was Yadava/Vrishini.. Adopted by a Kshatriya.. She was indeed Kshatriya per rules of adoption but Madri was not ready to consider that Wink

Were Vrishnis different from Kshatriyas!?ConfusedI know Yayati cursed Yadus that they can't be his successors but what this has to do with their original identity,i.e Lunar Dynasty!?

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Karna and Yudhishtir uncle and Cousin

2 3 4

Author: rose8888   Replies: 27   Views: 3333

rose8888 27 3333 11 December 2013 at 12:00am by arnavocean6
Did Yudhishtir, BHeem and Arjun beat Duryodhan?

2 3

Author: timepass   Replies: 18   Views: 7640

timepass 18 7640 22 November 2013 at 3:08am by Sabhayata
When Pandu lifted Yudhishtir...

Author: Manojie   Replies: 6   Views: 1882

Manojie 6 1882 18 October 2013 at 10:30pm by Anusha-B

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Mahabharat Topic Index

  • Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index