Mahabharat

India-Forums

Mahabharat
Mahabharat

Like or Dislike Yudhishtir/ VB Nt pg 22 (Page 11)

Poll Question: What's your take on Yudhishtir?

Poll Choice Votes Poll Statistics
61 [54.95%]
50 [45.05%]
This topic is closed, no new votes accepted

DharmaPriyaa IF-Dazzler
DharmaPriyaa
DharmaPriyaa

Posted: 26 January 2014 at 12:14am | IP Logged

I must say that I am not trying to support him morally. But we must realize a character's mental situation & thoughts from his POV always while judging or analyzing him, otherwise our analysis will be a one-sided thing based on our own liking or disliking. To avoid this we must study the character's overall nature throughout the whole epic too & then we need to think neutrally. This is 18 parva great epic Mahabharat & we can never conclude on a character just seeing one single action of one single parva. We must judge on the total thing being unbiased. If we become blind like Dhritarashtra then we will be unable to judge properly & conclude with Duryodhan is the best character of MB' Evil Smile LOL but this is not a research mentality, right?  Liking or disliking a character is completely personal matter (as for dyutasabha many people hate Yudhishthir, I can say that I hate Karna for ordering Dushshashan to torture Draupadi AngryLOL, but that's only personal POV, not of a reader & researcher Embarrassed) & during research or serious discussions we must reject that biased nature. I have noticed that there is a trend now to dislike Yudhishthir. Some people say that he was bad & some say that he was unnecessarily good at that time, but nobody tries to understand him in a neutral way rather always misunderstand him Cry. But I think the person claimed as Dharmaraj by Lord Krishna & great sage Vedvyas must be discussed logically & neutrally for welfare of present society as we Kaliyug people have many lessons to learn from him Smile. That is the only reason of this extra long post Big smile.      

The following 7 member(s) liked the above post:

vaishali09..Dharma_dasi..srishtisinghPamaloCotswoldsvaraaliVasusenaRadheya

cherrycooll IF-Dazzler
cherrycooll
cherrycooll

Posted: 26 January 2014 at 12:20am | IP Logged

The first option says 'he was an ardent follower of Dharma' if this were true the second option,that is,the popular tale 'Yuddhishtir staking Draupadi' becomes a false account.

It can be any one but not both!

srishtisingh Goldie
srishtisingh
srishtisingh

Posted: 26 January 2014 at 12:38am | IP Logged
@urmila really nice post i must say.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

DharmaPriyaa

-Claptrap- IF-Sizzlerz
-Claptrap-
-Claptrap-

Posted: 26 January 2014 at 9:03am | IP Logged
Unhappy..dont ask..yudhishtir is very bad..Cry
how could he stak Draupadi when he has lost himself..Angry

RosChel.Lobster IF-Rockerz
RosChel.Lobster
RosChel.Lobster

Posted: 26 January 2014 at 9:11am | IP Logged
tfs all for putting in your views Smile respect all ur povs Smile
VasusenaRadheya IF-Addictz
VasusenaRadheya
VasusenaRadheya

Posted: 26 January 2014 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Voted for the first option , always adored Yudhisthir a lot since I've read the Mahabharat .
His kindness , forgiveness n his ability to do justice , love n sacrifice made him the most lovable character of MB after Krishna jii .

And Lord Krishna HIMSELF considered him as - Dharmaraj , so there shouldn't be any arguments against his opinion .

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

..Dharma_dasi..DharmaPriyaa...Diala...mythili2

Manojie Goldie
Manojie
Manojie

Posted: 26 January 2014 at 3:35pm | IP Logged
I like Yuddhistir. We can't hold one action against him, even if it was wrong.

It's like something Jesus said: Let the person who has never sinned cast the first stone.

Yuddhistir's mistake was huge, but he made one mistake.

We could find flaws in everyone:

The people who are hating Yuddishtir for this one act, may probably be the same people who admire Karna (Karna was the one who suggested Draupadi be stripped naked).

One action does not make someone worthy of hatred. He repented and Lord Krishna says he will relieve us of all sins if we come to him.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

..Dharma_dasi..srishtisinghDharmaPriyaaMedha.S

Cotswolds Goldie
Cotswolds
Cotswolds

Posted: 28 January 2014 at 4:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Urmila11

What I want to say that alone Yudhishthir was not responsible for the whole matter.

Urmila11, thanks for such a great explanation of the events. I used to think very superficially about all this issue and for the first time I am a convert and feel sympathetic towards Yudhi.

Great writeup. ClapStar

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

..Dharma_dasi..srishtisinghDharmaPriyaa

Go to top