Like or Dislike Yudhishtir/ VB Nt pg 22 - Page 2

Poll

What's your take on Yudhishtir?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote
navya19 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Nice poll Rush I but u missed on third option...I like him for ardent follower of dharma & don't like his decision of betting draupadi which is completely wrong & none of the four brothers or elders in sabhagrah objected this act of duryodhan or Yudi

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

--Royal-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hate him...coz he staking his wife n Bro.
Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Huh. I have always been confused about him.
I have more sympathy than like or dislike for the dude.A person is what his parents raise him to be.And kunti was not a saint as she is shown here.She had a seedy personality and was mighty jealous and cuttingly rude to madri.Yudhi, being the eldest probably was more exposed to the problems and tension between his parents and tried to keep the youngers away from it.That is what the eldest child in the family does.Growing up with 2 women fighting all the time.
Medha.S thumbnail
And not to mention that pandu, knowing that yudhi wasnt his own child could never fully accept him, again children can feel these things and yudhi knew his father wasnt that fond of him, resulting in him thinking that he was not upto the expectations of his fathers wanted traits in his first born who can be a king.
Madri and kunti were not exactly happy with what pandu brought upon himself and there was always the feeling of desperation in the hut and yudhi had to live with his mom,dad and step mom.
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I disdain Yudisthir, but Draupadi ain't the sole reason.  Note that in that era, a persons younger brothers & wife did belong to him, which is why it was not held against him.  Not that I condone what he did.

I disdain Yudisthir b'cos he seemed to love his enemies more than his friends.  For instance, he stopped his brothers from protecting Draupadi & didn't protect her himself, but when Chitrasena captured the Kauravas, he sent Bhima & Arjun to free them.  They pointed out the justice of it all, and Yudisthir made the inane argument that the Gandharvas were foreigners, while the Kauravas were their kith & kin.  How is that compatible w/ someone who put dharam above everything else?  After all, Kansa was Krishna's mama, Sishupala & Dantavatra his cousins but that didn't stop Krishna from killing them.  Krishna taught that one should put dharam above one's relationships, but Yudisthir, in that incident, said that one should put one's relationships above dharam.

There are more reasons, which I'll come to later.
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-.Vrish.

I disdain Yudisthir, but Draupadi ain't the sole reason.  Note that in that era, a persons younger brothers & wife did belong to him, which is why it was not held against him.  Not that I condone what he did.

I disdain Yudisthir b'cos he seemed to love his enemies more than his friends.  For instance, he stopped his brothers from protecting Draupadi & didn't protect her himself, but when Chitrasena captured the Kauravas, he sent Bhima & Arjun to free them.  They pointed out the justice of it all, and Yudisthir made the inane argument that the Gandharvas were foreigners, while the Kauravas were their kith & kin.  How is that compatible w/ someone who put dharam above everything else?  After all, Kansa was Krishna's mama, Sishupala & Dantavatra his cousins but that didn't stop Krishna from killing them.  Krishna taught that one should put dharam above one's relationships, but Yudisthir, in that incident, said that one should put one's relationships above dharam.

Bang on Vrish 👏 Now this post is definitely out of the blues n is not of the regular reasons...would really love to read other reasons too...that will b quite enlightening 😊 But 1 question to u so do u think Yudhishtir had a right to stake his wife n brothers just coz dey belonged to him? Just wanna know ur Point of View on it 😊
Medha.S thumbnail
This content was originally posted by-.Vrish.

He was stupid.😆
As Varaali said, if Krishna would have chosen Yudhishtir instead of Arjun, the Bhagwat Geeta would have itself turned into a discussion of 18 days. He wouldnt have just listen to Krishna giving a lecture about Dharma.He would have turned it into a debate because of his 'know-it-all' tendency.
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Dharmaraja got tagged to him as he was the son of Dharmaraja. IMO Karma is greater than birth. At first he staked himself and lost. So technically he had lost his right on himself. How could he stake his brothers and common wife then? This is something I never understood. None of his brothers spoke while they were being staked...neither be bothered to seek their advice. So here he acted as a very weak man, not Dharmaraja.

Now coming to the question, I'm neutral 😆
Because...I don't love anyone...other than Bheeshma.
But there are a few men/women I hate.
Wistfulness thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 7
Yup! Yudhisthira was like a 'Foe-lover'.
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by--Shruti

Dharmaraja got tagged to him as he was the son of Dharmaraja. IMO Karma is greater than birth. At first he staked himself and lost. So technically he had lost his right on himself. How could he stake his brothers and common wife then? This is something I never understood. None of his brothers spoke while they were being staked...neither be bothered to seek their advice. So here he acted as a very weak man, not Dharmaraja.

Now coming to the question, I'm neutral 😆
Because...I don't love anyone...other than Bheeshma.
But there are a few men/women I hate.

yes I know u love Bheeshma n I agree wid u completely it should b Karma n not achieving a title just by the virtue of birth...so u go wid the third option? Sorry I didn't think of this option 🥱