Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Diala... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Cool-n-Fresh

Wasn't Kunti a Kshatriya lady!?😕

By birth she was Yadava/Vrishini.. Adopted by a Kshatriya.. She was indeed Kshatriya per rules of adoption but Madri was not ready to consider that ðŸ˜‰
chirpy_life19 thumbnail
Originally posted by: ...Diala...

By birth she was Yadava/Vrishini.. Adopted by a Kshatriya.. She was indeed Kshatriya per rules of adoption but Madri was not ready to consider that ðŸ˜‰

Were Vrishnis different from Kshatriyas!?😕I know Yayati cursed Yadus that they can't be his successors but what this has to do with their original identity,i.e Lunar Dynasty!?
...Diala... thumbnail

Were Vrishnis different from Kshatriyas!?😕I know Yayati cursed Yadus that they can't be his successors but what this has to do with their original identity,i.e Lunar Dynasty!?

Yadu was born of a Kshatriya father and Brahmana Mother.. so technically he is a Suta.. he went on to build his own kingdom and started a new ruling clan but that will not make him a Kshatriya.. in this show also you might have noticed that Satyavati was not interested in Pandu attending Kunti's swayamvar saying Kunti was not a Kshatriya ðŸ˜‰
chirpy_life19 thumbnail

Yadu was born of a Kshatriya father and Brahmana Mother.. so technically he is a Suta.. he went on to build his own kingdom and started a new ruling clan but that will not make him a Kshatriya.. in this show also you might have noticed that Satyavati was not interested in Pandu attending Kunti's swayamvar saying Kunti was not a Kshatriya ðŸ˜‰

So what makes Pandu and Drit Kshatriyas!?😕

Hey Diala I think we're going off topic.Shall we make a new topic!?😆
...Diala... thumbnail

So what makes Pandu and Drit Kshatriyas!?😕
Hey Diala I think we're going off topic.Shall we make a new topic!?😆

will move to D&D...? ðŸ˜›
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Cotswolds

Vrish, I have come across quite a few of your posts in which you Kunti is criticised. Do you have any posts, writeups which explain your view further ? I will be interested. Sorry dont want to turn this thread into Kunti discussion.

You can find my complete views on Kunti in my first post of this thread in MM forum, posted b4 this serial started

Yadavas were Kshatriyas - Krishna, Vasudev, Ugrasena, Shurasena, et al.  That wasn't the issue.  Issue was that the Yadavas, being descendant from a pratiloma marriage, were considered a tad lower than kshatriyas descendant from an upaloma marriage.  I'm not sure whether Kuntibhoj was descendant of Devyani or Sharmishtha, which was the dividing line as far as the Yayati megaclan went.

Since Devyani was daughter of Shukracharya, a rishi, but married Yayati, a Kshatriya, their 3 sons were pratiloma, including Yadu, the ancestor of the Yadavas.  Since Sharmishtha was the daughter of the asura king (forgetting his name), she was a kshatrani equivalent, and therefore, her descendants, through Kuru & Puru, were descendants of an upaloma marriage.  Under that definition, Madri was technically correct: she had to accept a lower status than Kunti, even though her ancestry was superior to Kunti's.  She wouldn't have lied to Pandu, so chances are that what she told him was accurate, at least technically
Edited by .Vrish. - 10 years ago
Cotswolds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

first post of this thread in MM forum, posted b4 this serial started

Yadavas were Kshatriyas - Krishna, Vasudev, Ugrasena, Shurasena, et al.  That wasn't the issue.  Issue was that the Yadavas, being descendant from a pratiloma marriage, were considered a tad lower than kshatriyas descendant from an upaloma marriage.  I'm not sure whether Kuntibhoj was descendant of Devyani or Sharmishtha, which was the dividing line as far as the Yayati megaclan went.

Since Devyani was daughter of Shukracharya, a rishi, but married Yayati, a Kshatriya, their 3 sons were pratiloma, including Yadu, the ancestor of the Yadavas.  Since Sharmishtha was the daughter of the asura king (forgetting his name), she was a kshatrani equivalent, and therefore, her descendants, through Kuru & Puru, were descendants of an upaloma marriage.  Under that definition, Madri was technically correct: she had to accept a lower status than Kunti, even though her ancestry was superior to Kunti's.  She wouldn't have lied to Pandu, so chances are that what she told him was accurate, at least technically

Thanks  Vrish. I will go through that thread. Also appreciate details on Pratiloma and Upaloma. Very informative. I always learn a lot from your post.
Pooja-- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Rushika

gal I don't think so Rajat is part of the show so it will b much better if u will stick to the topic rather than posting ur delusions n Manojie didn't say about aham or who looks handsome its about Yudhishtir so stick to it! 

Sorry I mean Rohit. He look old but Aham looks so fresh.Also Yudhishteer does not value women or else he will never bet his own wife. I will never forget him. Mahabharat happened because of him.
Edited by Pooja-- - 10 years ago
...Diala... thumbnail
Originally posted by: Pooja--

Sorry I mean Rohit. He look old but Aham looks so fresh.Also Rohit does not value women or else he will never bet his own wife. I will never forget him. Mahabharat happened because of him.

😆😆

Pooja you should say Yudishtar here.. we don't know about Rohit.. poor him

Cotswolds thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2

😆😆

Pooja you should say Yudishtar here.. we don't know about Rohit.. poor him

😆😆