Don't Drink & Drive!

-Carrie- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

Another socially relevant story. One that might save a life or two in this festive season. Kudos to the makers for bringing it out at this time.πŸ‘

The case was something that is tragically all too common in big cities. So common that I for one barely skim through news items pertaining to drunken driving cases. I live off a road that houses some of the posh drinking houses of my city. And Sunday evening on wards is one time when I  & my family think twice before stepping out. Hope those who drink do so responsibly and not play lives of their own or others who don't even know them. Its never one or more liife that perishes. The hopes, dreams,aspirations of every loved one of the dead perish.

But a word about the pavement dwellers too. Why sleep barely inches away from where powerful heavy vehicles whizz past every minute? Being homeless is not a crime.But neither is it a privilege too that one can just spread a mat anywhere and lay down for a sound sleep. Surely there might be plenty of places in our large cities where these unfortunate people might put up for a night safely.

Still its not only people sleeping on roads that die due to drunken or careless driving. Innocent pedestrains & fellow vehicle drivers too are at risk because of these callous citizens. Hope tougher laws prove a deterrent for such happenings.

Shaleen Malhotra carried this one off flawlessly. πŸ‘πŸΌ I applaud this young dedicated actor for staying with this project and giving it a new lease of life. 

Each scene had his heart & soul in it. I am yet to see him give anything less than 100% in every episode. I hope fabulous shows & movies are lined up for this deserving super talented artist. I just saw someone with not even 1% of the talent Shaleen possesses happily shuffle away with a Best TV Actor award. Shame!🀒

He was back in uniform and looked smoking hot in it. He was meant for the uniform.Hope he gets back to it one day.

"tere bas ki nahi hia bhokne wale kutte shero ka shikhar nahi karte!" Totally seeti maar dialogue of the day!πŸ₯³

And then the super duperr Robin to Arjun's Batman. Our very own Karan.His jig at the start on the song,"Jaye!Jaye!" was superb! πŸ˜† Arjun's reaction expressions were priceless."Jitna mehnat apni "Babyon" pe karta hai hai utna iss garage pe ki hoti toh aaj yeh show room ban jaata!" Howlarious!🀣

Then the peon at the Traffic Police Control Room and the driver camaraderie acts were neat & spot on! Perfect timing! As I said even yesterday something about his naughty half smile is very endearing.😳

Sim shone in the Kashta act.πŸ‘ She was gorgeous in that red saree and had tight rein on the distressed wife scene.It could have gone over the top quite quickly. Kudos to the girl for nailing it perfectly.I also noticed how she prepared for the scene at the door of the office. Little things but it makes a difference to the vast picture.!πŸ‘πŸΌ

Anjali had a bigger role to play and loved to see her do what she does best!

On the downside Karan breaking in to the Trafiic Control room archive seems hard to digest. It seemed far fetched that one can walk into a government building and walk away with a RAM with none being the wiser.πŸ˜•

Also the final scene with the Commissioner Of Police also didnt gel with the over all episode. Something about it didnt seem right.

The episode could have been slightly fast paced.

All in all a nice episode!Good job, Team Arjun!πŸ‘

Aatmas seems to be back next week.πŸ˜† But so long its Arjun who is tackling them no one's complaining!πŸ˜‰

Edited by -Carrie- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Moodie-Munchkin thumbnail
The Crazyy Shaleen Gal Is Backkk! Dhin Dhin Dha..Dhina Dhin Dha..πŸ˜† Superbb Analysis Didu..πŸ‘ Today's case was heartwrenching as well as sensitive! I mean how can anyone be so drunk so as to just crush 5 ppl under his Suv? I mean has lyf has so lil price fr a poor man fr theese raiszaade?? They have der freedom but dat doesnt mean u can crush anyone! Dats Bullshit!! It was emotional to see Karan suffering the loss of Munna! It reminded me of the case where Arjun lost his frnd Raju! But I lovd Karan's Jig in the begining on Jaye Jaye! 🀣🀣 Sim as usual lukd vry beautiful in the Navari luk! She did her act well..!! Hats Off..πŸ‘ nd Anjali was as superrrb as always! Loved her bonding wid Arjun! ❀️❀️ But Arjun lukd smookkin in uniform,at the disco nd in the last scene! I wonder why wasnt any gurl checking him out?? πŸ˜‰ Me toh sure wud have checked him out! I was whistling at the last lyn! The way he took out his revolver was seeti maar! Nd The slap to commisioner was phaadu! πŸ‘πŸΌ Luv Arjun!!!Edited by ShanayaShaleen - 10 years ago
DivineDarkness thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 7
i have only one question why does Commissioner of Police change every other Epi???? 
where is Cohelo????? he said he had Sikki's lead!!! 
where the hell is he and that lead... Let him be where ever he want but where is that lead????😑

shreya09 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
great analysis once again πŸ‘
good episode it was πŸ‘πŸΌ
the topic was based on some very real life painful incidents.Hats of to the makers for taking it as a plot.
true the episode could have been better.but overall i found it fine.
only one doubt from my side.
that commissioner should have known Arjun... πŸ˜•
but anyways
i liked the episode (like always😳)
will wait for the aatma to come on the next weekend πŸ˜‰

Jo_Pinchy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
A very meaningful lesson to learn in tonight's episode. This issue has been raised every time in my college and of course in all colleges, street shows.. it's worth teaching a small group and save a life. The episode itself started off with a bang of silk cut dialogues. Haaiye haaiye and that one salman khan's song. Mar gayi mein.
It was sad that people had to sleep on streets. But why they had to sleep on the edge of the road? couldn't digest that.

Yes couldn't understand the fact that Karan easily got away from the R.T.O office.
But i loved Simi's act. She's gives her best too.. 
Karan was good in his emotional act. 

Anjali like always has been a great help. Loved simi_Anjali banter.

And the Shera, oye hoye my eyes were gripped on him, couldn't take my eyes off him. Loved to see his Police wala avatar back. Still waiting for a day he will accept drinking coffee. Super awesome dialogues!

Waiting for the next weekend. I'm sure its gonna be fun. Simi in danger. Lagta hai Karan ka pyaar foot foot ke bahar ane wala hai.

Edited by Jo_Pinchy - 10 years ago
Jo_Pinchy thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Leki

i have only one question why does Commissioner of Police change every other Epi???? 

where the hell is he and that lead... Let him be where ever he want but where is that lead????😑

Good oneπŸ˜†
I think with show revamp even the whole police system has been replaced. πŸ˜†
And Coelho miss him man! sikander woh tha ya koi aur..? abhi tak nahi patah chala. May be will never know.
Mehr03 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 30 0 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Nice review dr
very nice episode and well -executed :)

gotta say when Karan asked Anjali's help because he was having trouble dealing with the cctv footage, I was missing Shree so much πŸ˜­
Sadhana_pr thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
The concept surely was very interesting. They turned a simple hit and run case into an ever oscillating whodunit πŸ‘. After a long time I found myself getting into a guessing game and racking my brains to zero down on the culprit!
However, there is something bothering me since Saturday's episode. I waited to confirm my feelings and after yesterday's episode I am sure of one thing- Though Shaleen continues to perform well, there is a dirth of scenes truly worthy of his craft. There is no deterioration in his performance, it's just very repetitive now. Half of dialogues mouthed this weekend have been already done by him! Also the scenes do not demand much of him except having a staccato voice, staring into empty space and managing an investigation which by now he can do even in his sleep. Though I enjoy his banter with Karan, the casual tone and the smirk in his eyes increase the aesthetic distance between me and my loved character.The seething intensity is missing and I hope the writers put in some effort to prevent the best written character from becoming a monotonous drill.

Maybe it's just that he has raised the bar so high that every time he comes on screen we have irrationally high expectations. Or may be its just me- I instantly like an artist and equally swiftly get over him!!
-Carrie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: Leki

Coehlo was long gone. Remember there was a different man every time a story required a commissioner πŸ˜† πŸ˜†Arjun's attempted murder case, the terrorist attack and the ETF blast case!πŸ˜›

About Sikander I think they should start that angle soon. The end of February is fast approaching!
-Carrie- thumbnail
Originally posted by: shreya09

great analysis once again πŸ‘

good episode it was πŸ‘πŸΌ
the topic was based on some very real life painful incidents.Hats of to the makers for taking it as a plot.
true the episode could have been better.but overall i found it fine.
only one doubt from my side.
that commissioner should have known Arjun... πŸ˜•
but anyways
i liked the episode (like always😳)
will wait for the aatma to come on the next weekend πŸ˜‰

I loved the concept of today's story! And the execution turning it into a thriller was really cool!

I too found the COP involvement a bit bizarre!πŸ˜•

I always find Aatma stories intriguing!πŸ˜† Waiting for next week!