RagNa FF- The Waltz Of Two Hearts (part 19 on page80) - Page 36

Posted: 9 years ago

Part 14

The long drive back home was filled with palpable tension. Sammy was driving as Raghav was engrossed in making some important calls and sending so many messages at the same time that Kalpi was amazed despite the tension she felt will explode anytime. No one was talking among them. Kalpi sat behind Sammy's seat and leaned her head on the window pane, watching every car sped past them...or were they speeding past the cars? Anyways, what matters was what was going to happen once she arrived home.

The news headline resonated in her head like a mantra. Gold digger? Lovers? Engagement?Her aai must have heard about it all now. Kalpi shut her eyes to ban the images they've shown on national TV and unwillingly groaned and couldn't manage to muffle the little sob that followed.

Raghav turned to watch her intently and then said nothing as he turned to his phone again.

The car finally halted in front of the chawl. Kalpi felt her heart stop beating and then it kick started all too soon. Blood was rushing in her ears and she couldn't hear what Raghav was addressing her. No!She can't face her parents. Not now!

Raghav got out of the car followed by Sammy and he came round to open her door wide. She looked at him and then shook her head, denying coming down. Raghav pulled her gently out and with Sammy and Raghav on either side of her, she went up to her house, where unsurprisingly, Manda Tai was avidly watching the trio's entrance and she fled upstairs to inform the other chawl people.

Raghav could feel how Kalpi was trembling but giving her any assurance now will shake her more. He was dreading this meeting as much as her but he must be brave and must stand firm. This is going to be his first meeting with Kamla ma. Would she recognize him? Would she welcome him or shun him? Would she believe the press about Kalpi and his pseudo affair or accept the proposal he is going to do for Kalpi's hand? So many questions were bubbling up and he dreaded each answers to them.

Kalpi went ahead as they reached the threshold. Her father was sitting on the couch, with an untouched cup of cold tea laid on the small coffee table. Pakya was sitting by his side, his gaze angrily roving about the floor and Kamla was in the kitchen doing nothing.

" baba?" called softly Kalpi from the threshold.

Vitthal shot to his feet as he heard the voice of his princess. He ran to his daughter and nearly overthrew the coffee table in doing so. He crushed Kalpi in a bear hug and showered her with concerned question. Kamla took her time to reach her and with tears filled eyes, she gently wrapped her daughter in a comforting, motherly hug too.

Pakya was up and about too. He dragged his sister to the couch and before anyone could ask anything more, he started: " I know these press people. Total nonsense they said about my sister, they don't know me! Pakya Vithal Jadhav!!!! No one, I precise Kalpi, no one here believes any of these craps they've shown on tv. This must all be a huge misunderstanding. And if ever, anyone opens his mouth to tell you anything, just tell him he'll have to deal with me first. Okay? Don't you worry, lil one. As long as your brother is here, you don't need to fear. And that Raghav Singhania! Your engagement with him? huh! I don't believe it and I don't accept it."

" believe it Pakya, and you have to accept it too!" interrupted Raghav, making everyone spun around to see him at the door step. No one noticed his entry as everyone was engrossed in Kalpi.

Raghav moved towards Kamla who was watching him like she was a statue. He bent down to touch her feet and simply said" Kamla ma. Its me, Your Raghav baba. Won't you bless me?"

Payka's mouth was left open as he glared at Raghav and Vitthal was eying him like he was a dangerous thing to his family.

Kamla laid her hand on the bent head and lifted him up.

"Raghav baba!" she cried and hugged him tightly. " you came back and all this... I'm so sorry for this news...I don't understand...Kalpi...you...engagement...hey deva!"

Raghav supported a nearly faint Kamla to the couch, sat down and turned to Vitthal.

"The news they've shown on tv is not what it seems. There is a lot behind it. Its your right to know exactly what led to this situation and if you permit me, I'll tell you all."

Raghav recounted the journey, omitting some parts and downplaying some other parts so as not to hurt them. Their concern for Kalpi was genuine and they don't need to know how much Prem has harassed their darling.

By the time he finished, Pakya was fuming. " this Prem Kapoor!!!" he stormed out of the house.

"so, you announced this engagement just to protect my daughter. Thank you Raghav baba, but I cannot allow this to go on. We'll call off this engagement." announced Kamla in a  much firm voice.

" No. this engagement is on and will be on. Kamla maa, I love your daughter and so does she and if you both will allow me, I would like to ask Kalpi's hand in marriage. Please, Kamla maa, Vitthal sir, I know this is happening fast, but trust me, I sincerely love Kalpi and will always keep her happy." Raghav ended his speech by folding Kamla's hand in his and giving it a squeeze.

The silence that followed was unbearable. Vitthal said nothing. He stood there and was absorbing it all while Kamla maa was crying profusely now.

Then, Vitthal turned towards Kalpi and asked her: "is it the truth? You love him too?"

Kalpi froze. The dreaded question! Kamla shifted so as she could read her daughter's expression and Raghav held his breath. He inwardly prayed that Kalpi gets the courage to admit it.

-"Now was the time, admit it, please",  he pleaded inwardly.

Tears streamed down her cheeks as she watched her parents and then she locked eyes with Raghav. Those eyes!  She could clearly see Raghav's love for her shining bright and the concern she saw there was enough to finally make her admit it to herself. He was the one! Has always been and there cannot be anyone else than him.

Slowly, so very slowly, Kalpi nodded and managed to mumble a yes, a very weak yes, but still they heard it all. Raghav relaxed and sagged with relief. Kamla hugged Kalpi again and Vitthal stood there trying to hide his tears. He grabbed Raghav and hugged him awkwardly to congratulate him.

"welcome to the family, Raghav baba.  So, when is the wedding, Kamla?" asked Vitthal.

"wedding? Who's getting married, Kamla maa?" asked a cheerful voice by the door. "Kalpi??? You are getting married?" asked Paakhi Kapoor.

"Paakhi Kapoor!" seethed Raghav.

here you go, all my readers.

hope you liked it and if so, plz hit like and drop some encouragements and comments for me plz.

Mehr

Edited by mehr05 - 9 years ago
Res
Unres
Too awesome mehr gald u back n plz don't discontinue this story plz 
Plz no intrusion in my ragna wedding plz

Edited by sweet1308 - 9 years ago
Thank u   Thank u  Thank u  Thank u    Thank u    Thank u    Thank u   Thank u    Thank u   Thank u
Thank u   Thank u  Thank u Thank u    Thank u    Thank u    Thank u   Thank u    Thank u   Thank u 
Thank u   Thank u  Thank u Thank u    Thank u    Thank u    Thank u   Thank u    Thank u   Thank u 
Sooo Sooo Sooo Sooo much !!
I didnt  know 1 request pe ull continue it ..geee ...i shud have done dat long back in that case !! 😆😆
reserved 😃
unreserved 
Ur writing lost its charm ...that wud be the biggest sinful lie i wud ever say.😉😉
It was awesomer than the awesomest😃😃
Ok ..so lemme start off ...i had always been a silent reader on forums & by d time i had become vocal u were gone😭😭😭
But now since u r back with this todu (bear my words ...please😆) update i take this as a chance to make up for my silence in the past even after reading waltz...
this 1 was as fab as ur previous 1s ...not at all off-beat. So much so that even after such a long time i didnt need to refer the previous updte ...1st line ..& Kaboom !! I was translocated in the waltz world with the story all crystal clear in my mind...no special efforts to recall the story were required. & the credit goes solely to ur writing skills 👏👏
Kalpana's emotional portrayal was impeccable ..her fear to confront her parents was beautifully presented. 
Raghav was as usual flwless but the line which caught my attention was the 1 in which u mentioned abt his fear to confront Kalpi's parents. Especially Kamla !!
& then was the toggling of Kalpi from Vitthal to Kamla & then to Pakya .. I found that so sweet. Thank God that Kamla has brains over here atleast ... the kalpi-pakya covo ws cute ...
All was so perfect ...
But the line which impressed me the most & is yet adamant on not leaving my brain
"Now was the time, admit it, please",  he pleaded inwardly.
The timing was so correct ...
& finally it was Paakhi ...wonder how are u gonna play with that aspect in the story !!

Do continue soon ...hope u dont get a discontinue ka jhatka again😆😆

UR EXCLUSIVE PANKHA , MARUSHKAA

Edited by mariee - 9 years ago
Thank you so much dear for continuing this story .
I really loved this story.
Kalpi sad yes to marriage & from where this pakhi come😡
Update next part soon dear
Resss!!! 😃
Unresss
Heyyllooo dear.. I'm superrr glad dat u choose to continue this ff.. thnx dear.. and yes! Welcum back.. 😉 🤗
Update was superr cool one.. I loved the way u explained each n every feeling of kalpi.. her nervousness.. her fears n all.. it was superbb.. though they were simple gestures it made it look natural.. I lykd it!! And I really really loved pakhya's concern fr kalpi.. after all he is her brother and his support fr kalpi, which u showed us, was a good one! Nw finally even kalpi accepted her love fr him n vice versa fr raghav too! Bt I hope pakhi won't cum in btw ragna.. I'm sure u ll sort it out well.. 😉
Anyways.. thnx fr continuing dear.. and fr d pm too! 🤗 😃 Edited by vyshuu.. - 9 years ago
OMG You're back! 😃 Still can't believe it!!!! Rushing to read! 😃
finally u back
it's awsome
plz now don't discontinue it again
Thank you for continuing this ff...amazing update..will be waiting for the next update
Okay, first things first, welcome back darling! 🤗 This was one of my most-most favourites and I was so pleasantly surprised to see it's update. 😃 Hoping to get regular updates now. 😃
Coming to the update ti was awesome as usual and as always I am in love with your writing skills! brilliantly written. happy finally everything sorted out between the Jadhavs and Raghav Singhania. But Pakhi Kapoor? 😭 Hope she doesn't create any hurdle.
when i saw your pm i was like, OMG 😲... (rubs eyes disbelievingly😲)
i cannot believe you came back to update😭
such a pleasant surprise⭐️
seriously, im crying happy tears right now.😭
its been so long since i've read something on raghav-kalpana, and this story was one of my all time favourites...

what an awesome part👏
loved it😃
i instantly connected to the story even though its been months since i read the last chapter
your brilliant writing skills have gone nowhere dear⭐️⭐️⭐️
thanks for updating🤗
i hope you continue soon
thanks for the pm too
hope you are well, take care🤗