Most defamed in this serial? - Page 3

Poll

Which character so far has been shredded the most in this serial?

Poll Choice
Login To Vote

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mythili2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
😆 pandu and drupad being friends is too much surprising fr me...
also its given some where ki drupad made a stiff bow so tat nly arjun can fulfill the task..so god kws wat drupad really wanted..if he was pandus frnd then it may b one f the reasons i guess😕..
Edited by mythili2 - 10 years ago
Vr15h thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
But if one knows about the relationship b/w Prishatha & Bheeshma, it would follow naturally that the Panchalas & Kurus would be friends.  Drupada was certainly grateful to Bheeshma for the same reasons that Prishatha was, and did not want him as an enemy, despite Amba's request, and later, Shikhandini's obsession.  Since Pandu didn't change policies from Bheeshma, the 2 kingdoms remained friends.  Even the adventure of the Kuru princes against him was done @ the behest of Drona as gurudakshina, not as an act of enmity by Hastinapur, so Drupada didn't hold any grudges against Arjun.

Drupada only became an enemy of Hastinapur - but not the Pandavas - after Draupadi's humiliation @ the court.  When the Pandavas then went into exile & Dhrishtadyumna visited them, it was then that he told Draupadi that he'd kill Drona and Shikhandi Bheeshma.  But until then, the Panchalas were not hostile to Hastinapur.
mythili2 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
yeah may b he did nt hold grudge against arjun or other pandavas except fr drona.. but it s interesting though tat drupad did nt hav grudge against them becoz they defeated him.. this shows tat may b he wasnt so bad also except fr wat he did with guru drona...
Manojie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: .Vrish.

Ddiala, cool! 😎

Medha, yeah, Bhima is my fav, and I too think him.  But I thought there would be good votes for all the others.  Like Shruti said, Satyavati was badly mangled, and only salvaged at the end (but not really: how did she become sensitive to justice only when Dushashan started bullying the fishermen?)  And you are right on Drupada as well.  I raised the same question in the feedback thread - what happened to Panchala after the war, since Drupada didn't seem to have any survivors?

Manojie, agree w/ you.  The Pandavas saw Drupada as a virtuous ruler, and hence desired that alliance as much as he did.  Only thing about him - it seems like he wanted to win over Arjun from Drona, but I never understood how Draupadi could have enabled that.

Drona took an Oath from Arjun? If he had to battle him in war, that he would fight and kill him?

Perhaps Drupad knew of this?
Vr15h thumbnail
After Arjun's victory over Drupada, Drona again took him under his wing, and taught him several divyastras - something he didn't do for anyone else.  That lasted about a year, at the end of which he asked Arjun for that as a dakshina.

Drupada, OTOH, after his defeat, realized that the sons/brothers he had - Satyajit & Vrika - were inadequate to kill Drona.  So he decided to do a yagna.  It's likely that he'd have started on that immediately.  So it's an open question about whether that yagna got completed b4 or after Drona's advanced teaching to Arjun was complete.
KrishnaSourav thumbnail
well Vrish then first it'll come Bheem then
 Drupad...then Yudisthir  also ..
Bheemsen:- he is bikodar but that doesn't mean he will only eat food n laugh with n without reason every moment
Bheemsen is grt warrior n fighter they hardly showing about his about his warrior side or anything 
every time food n laugh 
they didn't research or they took literally wrong meaning of the name Bikodar n by pass Bheemsen's other quality 
fully disappointed with this 

next Drupad n if going with the promo I don't know what to say
torturing brahmins my goodness
 then Yudishtihir 
didn't found the strong personality or taking decision on his own...
Satyabati :- too much grayish negative ...

other :-Ashthama wrong characterization 

...Diala... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Manojie

Drona took an Oath from Arjun? If he had to battle him in war, that he would fight and kill him?

Perhaps Drupad knew of this?

not possible.. How will Drupad wish taking Arjuna by his side through a daughter whom he never thought of having? And when Draupadi was born, Drupad was already blessed with a son who was born to kill Drona.. then why would he even think of siding with Arjuna for that purpose? Him foreseeing a Pandava - Kaurava war is beyond imagination.. I could only see that as by the time Drupad wanted to give his daughter in marriage, he found Arjuna who impressed him by his valour  to be a perfect match..

On the other hand, I consider Pandavas to have wished taking Drupad by their side for Yudi did want to gain power when he comes back to Hastinapur. He said this to Bhim.. We do not have wealth, we do not have power so let us hide.. It is obvious that he had plans to acquire both and get back to Hastinapur..

As I said earlier, SPMB is at-least partially correct in showing that Drupad wished to have Bheeshma killed.. He did wish to get a son to kill Bheeshma.. Lord Shiva granted a daughter who will change gender later and become the cause of Bheeshma's death. However I could not find the background for this vengeance. According to this SPMB, Bheeshma brought the prisoned Vichitravirya from Panchal to Hastinapur which was considered insult by Drupad and his Father. Surprisingly the same reason was quoted in the direct Tamil Mahabharatham aired yesterday. So may be we have a folklore or word of mouth story to support this..

One more, Draupadi's sharing was not a surprise for the Pandavas. It was pre-informed and Yudi executed it.I don't understand why they made a drama with Kunti's words.. And also, Drishtyadumna's birth reason was well known..  They were not bothered about their brother in law killing their Guru..
gowri122 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
for me, bheema. i luv bheema a lot after Karna. i think the kid bheema was ok but the way they r messing up adult bheema is angering😡he carried the pandavas & kunti after escaping vaaranavrat, also he honestly loved draupadi, dismantled all kauravas etc shows wat a powerful veer he was. i remember reading a monologue of bheema post vaarnavrat escape. it shows his great intelligence as well. y r the SP's showing him like a fool !!!  
Sabhayata thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: gowri122

for me, bheema. i luv bheema a lot after Karna. i think the kid bheema was ok but the way they r messing up adult bheema is angering😡he carried the pandavas & kunti after escaping vaaranavrat, also he honestly loved draupadi, dismantled all kauravas etc shows wat a powerful veer he was. i remember reading a monologue of bheema post vaarnavrat escape. it shows his great intelligence as well. y r the SP's showing him like a fool !!!  

Bold exactly my question
Bheem ne CV's ka kya bigaada hai itna lallo itne brave insaan ko who bhi jo epic ka one of the main heroes hai.Patna nahi kaya dushmani ha cv's ki bheem sai
Vr15h thumbnail
Originally posted by: Ddiala

not possible.. How will Drupad wish taking Arjuna by his side through a daughter whom he never thought of having? And when Draupadi was born, Drupad was already blessed with a son who was born to kill Drona.. then why would he even think of siding with Arjuna for that purpose? Him foreseeing a Pandava - Kaurava war is beyond imagination.. I could only see that as by the time Drupad wanted to give his daughter in marriage, he found Arjuna who impressed him by his valour  to be a perfect match..

On the other hand, I consider Pandavas to have wished taking Drupad by their side for Yudi did want to gain power when he comes back to Hastinapur. He said this to Bhim.. We do not have wealth, we do not have power so let us hide.. It is obvious that he had plans to acquire both and get back to Hastinapur..

As I said earlier, SPMB is at-least partially correct in showing that Drupad wished to have Bheeshma killed.. He did wish to get a son to kill Bheeshma.. Lord Shiva granted a daughter who will change gender later and become the cause of Bheeshma's death. However I could not find the background for this vengeance. According to this SPMB, Bheeshma brought the prisoned Vichitravirya from Panchal to Hastinapur which was considered insult by Drupad and his Father. Surprisingly the same reason was quoted in the direct Tamil Mahabharatham aired yesterday. So may be we have a folklore or word of mouth story to support this..

One more, Draupadi's sharing was not a surprise for the Pandavas. It was pre-informed and Yudi executed it.I don't understand why they made a drama with Kunti's words.. And also, Drishtyadumna's birth reason was well known..  They were not bothered about their brother in law killing their Guru..

Two things I've not been able to find directly reading the MB, but Dr RC Majumdar, in his Vedic Age, mentions - from a direct reading - that Bheeshma restored Prishatha to his throne.  Also, Amba, during her journeys did approach Drupada as well for help, but he had refused.  It may have been out of fear, or it may have been out of gratitude - I haven't found the citation.

I think the places to look would be Bheeshma narrating the Shikhandi story to Duryodhan in Udyog Parva, and the history of Drupada being narrated to the Pandavas.  I'm not sure whether one would find that in Sambhava Parva.