Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

India-Forums

   
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat
Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat

Deols vs Khans (Page 2)

-RohitMaxwell- IF-Addictz
-RohitMaxwell-
-RohitMaxwell-

Joined: 20 April 2012
Posts: 76522

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 6:17am | IP Logged
This thread not going to be successful like Khans one!

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

.HookandHybrid.

guess.wh0 IF-Dazzler
guess.wh0
guess.wh0

Joined: 05 July 2013
Posts: 3215

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 6:19am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hasini009

Originally posted by Bossman

Originally posted by hasini009

Sharukh Khan's Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge has completed 17 years of successful continuous run at the Maratha Mandir theatre in Mumbai todayLOL


That's the lamest record ever, no contest!



may be yes, kyunki paisa mein hi parmatma hainTongue


Its mostly because, its running on 1 screen just for the heck of it. YRF is paying to rent that screen just so they can be in the record books. Awesome movie, but thoda zyada ho gaya.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

SharabiPirate

Bane Groupbie
Bane
Bane

Joined: 03 January 2014
Posts: 74

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 6:34am | IP Logged
Originally posted by surbhiholic

This thread not going to be successful like Khans one!

Don't want it to. Will just prove that people have accepted Deols>Khans and have no counters. Big smile
Debarati7 IF-Dazzler
Debarati7
Debarati7

Joined: 10 July 2012
Posts: 4102

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 6:37am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hasini009

Sharukh Khan's Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge has completed 17 years of successful continuous run at the Maratha Mandir theatre in Mumbai todayLOL
Yaayyy!!!Party
Bane Groupbie
Bane
Bane

Joined: 03 January 2014
Posts: 74

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 8:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by hasini009

Sharukh Khan's Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge has completed 17 years of successful continuous run at the Maratha Mandir theatre in Mumbai todayLOL

And Dharmendra's Sholay is on screen after 38 years that too in 3D Star
Anyways these records are worth sh!t. $$$$$ bolta hai bas. Boxoffice records laao. They are the true certificates of being No 1 actor. 
atominis IF-Sizzlerz
atominis
atominis

Joined: 24 June 2011
Posts: 18685

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 8:35am | IP Logged
Deols are highly underrated. Their success was stupendous. And the biggest thing about them was their absolute lack of PR, marketing, using connections or doing any manipulations or resorting to image management exercises! They are old fashioned, no nonsense guys. Do their work and leave. Wear their hearts on sleeves. These guys got NO media support unlike Khans.

Ghayal, Ghatak, Gadar all released around Aamir's films but still did great. Gadar had whole tirade against it and zilch promotion but it left Lagaan far behind.

Border was biggest hit of 1997 and still among the best patriotic and war films ever made. Even Bobby Deol's Gupt, Soldier and Humraaz made more than some Khan films released in same years.

People talk about Aamir's one National Award Special Jury mention. Sunny Deol had got 2 Special Mention National Awards (Ghayal and Damini).

Media shouted when AB Corp had even one successful film. Vijeta Films' successes were barely mentioned.

Dharmendra had such sway over audiences, it's said people from even remote villages used to load in trucks and travel to cities to watch his films. He too was voted among most handsome men in the world by an international publication in 70s.

Sadly Dharam never got an award except lame lifetime achievement awards at old age. At least he gets listed among top stars ever. But it's crap how Sunny Deol is left out by likes of Filmfare and even Ajay Devgan is included in their anniversary specials, Hindi cinema specials on biggest stars!

Deols still give hits with YPD series unlike one flop overrated family living off past glory (you know who).

They were only too simple and never pandered to media, hence all dues denied. Ouch

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ILoveDramaguess.wh0Johnny.Balrajsarasingh86

guess.wh0 IF-Dazzler
guess.wh0
guess.wh0

Joined: 05 July 2013
Posts: 3215

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 9:05am | IP Logged
Originally posted by atominis

Deols are highly underrated. Their success was stupendous. And the biggest thing about them was their absolute lack of PR, marketing, using connections or doing any manipulations or resorting to image management exercises! They are old fashioned, no nonsense guys. Do their work and leave. Wear their hearts on sleeves. These guys got NO media support unlike Khans.

Ghayal, Ghatak, Gadar all released around Aamir's films but still did great. Gadar had whole tirade against it and zilch promotion but it left Lagaan far behind.

Border was biggest hit of 1997 and still among the best patriotic and war films ever made. Even Bobby Deol's Gupt, Soldier and Humraaz made more than some Khan films released in same years.

People talk about Aamir's one National Award Special Jury mention. Sunny Deol had got 2 Special Mention National Awards (Ghayal and Damini).

Media shouted when AB Corp had even one successful film. Vijeta Films' successes were barely mentioned.

Dharmendra had such sway over audiences, it's said people from even remote villages used to load in trucks and travel to cities to watch his films. He too was voted among most handsome men in the world by an international publication in 70s.

Sadly Dharam never got an award except lame lifetime achievement awards at old age. At least he gets listed among top stars ever. But it's crap how Sunny Deol is left out by likes of Filmfare and even Ajay Devgan is included in their anniversary specials, Hindi cinema specials on biggest stars!

Deols still give hits with YPD series unlike one flop overrated family living off past glory (you know who).

They were only too simple and never pandered to media, hence all dues denied. Ouch


Well said. The Deol's absolutely never got their due especially Sunny Deol but a lot of it is his own fault too. He took years off at a time trying to build his brother's career, never promoted his films and had 0 PR. He just couldn't adjust to the changing dynamics of the film industry. He also only worked with people he liked working with, consistently saying NO to big banners like Subhash Ghai and Yash Chopra. Its hard to imagine how massive he could've been if he was half as motivated as a Shahrukh Khan.

But a Singh Saab the Great collecting 45 Cr at the Box office, when Sunny Paaji is pushing 60, is a testament to his connect with his fans.
mnmj Senior Member
mnmj
mnmj

Joined: 28 March 2012
Posts: 767

Posted: 05 January 2014 at 9:28am | IP Logged
why is that when we praise one, we have to scum another... The Deols, Khans, Kapoors, Mukerjees, Chopras etc etc have all done amazing work in Bollywood...Just stop it please people with these threads (no offence to TO) 

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

qazplm

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Sunny Deol speaks to The UnReal Times about Esha Deols wedding LOL

Author: tantal   Replies: 1   Views: 684

tantal 1 684 06 December 2013 at 1:20pm by chimchimcher-ee
The Deols do not understand manipulation: Sunny

Author: TheRager   Replies: 1   Views: 511

TheRager 1 511 02 June 2013 at 4:12am by DianaPrince
Deols take a dig at Shah Rukh Khan

Author: TheRager   Replies: 9   Views: 1105

TheRager 9 1105 03 April 2013 at 4:58am by Real.Madrid
Deols may feature in four films this year

Author: Metis   Replies: 4   Views: 575

Metis 4 575 31 January 2013 at 7:47am by Kal El
IN FOCUS---The Deols (Super rare pics)

2 3 4 5 6 7

Author: guess_wh0   Replies: 48   Views: 20597

guess_wh0 48 20597 18 July 2012 at 11:18am by MaSqUeRaDe

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Bollywood News, Bollywood Movies, Bollywood Chat Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index