Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
If Gadar is horrible then there are many more worse and more horrible films of other stars too. Gadar still gets good viewership.

I agree Sunny Deol had to be a little more motivated and clever. Plus he should not have ruined his career in attempts to make Bobby's career.

Sunny's Indian also killed SRK's Asoka and One 2 Ka 4.

Khair, what I detest is the bias against Deols. Their films still get good viewership and are repeatedly aired on TV. They are mimicked and talked of. But in a mocking way. Amitabh's also mimicked but not mocked. Deols are simply made butt of jokes with only Dharam being given bit of respect (that too if he is present at the spot!).

Their records are lasting. But they did not use media or PR, so results are there to see.

Sholay is a multistarrer...fine. But Gadar is not. Dharmendra's success rate was among all time best lists. He gave hits for 3 decades - 60s, 70s and even 80s. Now also he gives successful YPD series. It's not easy for stars to have such career as he had (that too without support from YRF or other big banners!).

Displaying or discussing their records are of no use. Ones who don't get due from media and trade, do not become topic of discussion for public either. People cull Khan facts from all sites and resources irrespective of other names in the lists as narrative is decided by media and pushy celebs themselves.

The only terrain where Deols definitely lacked was overseas. So apart from lack of PR and movie choices, this factor is also something that's held against them in comparison to Khans and Bachchan. All I know of is Dharmendra's popularity in couple of African countries. Other Deols are only desi sons of soil.
Shaitan-Haiwan thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 6
The logic you are using to justify that the Deols are better the Khans is kind of baseless.

By that logic, Katrina Kaif is the best actress EVER.

Some stars may have big films, but that does not make them huge superstars.

Today, the "wannabe's" are ruling, and the Deols can barely churn out a hit film without using their family name. So lets get real please.
Guddu.Pandit thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Skep
None of the Khan fans said less for any other stars, we celebrated Khans stardom in our own way as how much they are loved.

This thread is made just to mock us, Sholay / Gadar - we r not saying less for them, i love deols, love both the films, does it mean i don't have any right 2 talk about KHANS?

If we would have made thread that LOOK "KHANS" jaisa koi nahi, den u guys can come n tell us, hey guys here are others also... this thread is answer 2 "Srk vs Salman vs Aamir" thread which is 111 pages long.

Now that u have written a essay on Deols, I would like 2 say a thing in reply, For SRK, YRF can make films, promote films, can put money in every way to show it in front of audience, but to love dem n love dem dis much is not in hands of YRF. Salman's MPK/HAHK both are 2 DECADES biggest Grossers. Aamir has given 2 Biggest Grossers in India as well as Overseas.

Either u ain't getting the motive for this thread, or you are also not liking the way Khan fans boast Khans.
Bane thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
@People getting butthurt and giving Babuji's lessons - Only purpose of this thread(if you still haven't realized by my comments) is to show that boxoffice success doesn't necessarily make a good actor. And please stop with your morality BS. I have seen people here make 100 pages worth of threads bashing the actors because they didn't do well at box office. Now when I apply the same logic I get to hear these "box office records don't matter" chants. Hypocrisy at it's best. 

P.S. I am neutral to all BW actors except SRK and Salman who I absolutely hate for their acting and when they talk about being No. 1 just because they broke "records" it's just pukeworthy. I made this one sarcastically. Deols is only just 1 out of so many examples. And yes it doesn't make them superior.
Edited by Bane - 10 years ago
NancyAjram thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
This is not an reasonable comparison 
sandiab thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
whats so great about gadar