Learnt what not to do after Chhanchhan: Sanaya Irani

Vijaya Tiwari,TNN | Jan 3, 2014, 12.00 AM IST
Share More
A
A
READ MORE Sanay Irani|Rangrasiya|Nautanki Film|Mohit Sehgal|Madhubala
Learnt what not to do after Chhanchhan: Sanaya Irani
Sanaya Irani in Rangrasiya
After enjoying a humongous fan following courtesy Iss Pyaar Ko Kya Naam Doon, one of the most loved actors of small screen, Sanaya Irani is back on TV with Nautanki Film's Rangrasiya. 

The actress, who plays a village girl Paro on the show talks about her character, the debacle of her last show Chhanchhan and boy-friend Mohit Sehgal.

How much do you relate with the character?
Not at all and that is why I was very much stressed out to play the character because you really have to do some kind of homework in your head and try and create it. But the homework that I went on with on the sets of Rangrasiya in front of my Director Siddharth Sen Gupta proved completely wrong. He helped me a lot to understand my character and I am very thankful to him

What attracted you to do 'Rangrasiya'?
The team! Honestly I know a lot of people who are working on the show and I know it is a very creative team. I think Saurabh sir is very passionate about whatever he does. I remember watching the first episode of Madhubala obviously because Drashti was there in it and I felt it was the best first episode on TV. I remember when I first time met Saurabh sir I told him your show blew me away. When you know that you have a perfect creative team, you can't go wrong.

How was it working with Ashish as this is the first time you are working with him?
He is a very talented actor. I remember when I did the first look test with him, I prayed to God that please keep him on the show. Because I think when you have a good actor opposite you, it changes the whole dynamics of what you are doing. I've a lot to learn from him. I think after, Supriya Pathakji, he is one actor from whom I will get to learn a lot. I am blessed to have Ashish Sharma in our show.

Is this because you had a bad experience working with Farhan Khan on 'Chhanchhan'?
No. I am saying this because I've actually been very lucky in most of my shows I've got good actors to work with. In Chhanchhan that guy (Farhan Khan) was relatively new and it's just a different feeling when you are working with a good actor. You improve as an actor when you are working with a good actor.

Were you disappointed with the debacle of 'Chhanchhan'?
No. I am happy because if Chhanchhan didn't end, I wouldn't have done Rangrasiya. I believe everything happens in life for a reason. Something bigger and better had to come my way.

READ: Ankita Sharma to play the antagonist in Rangrasiya

What is the USP of 'Rangrasiya'?
The story is the hero of the show, it's not the actors. It will keep everyone going. It's very intense; it's different from other shows.

When will we get to see Mohit Sehgal and you together in a show?
I don't know. I didn't do Nach Baliye as I wanted to do Rangrasiya. I am an actor and fiction will always be my priority non-fiction will never become my priority because I love acting. I just don't do it for fame or money; I do it because I love acting.

What is the response you have received from the audience after the first promo went on-air?
I've received awesome response from the day the promos hit TV screens. A lot of people are disappointed that it's not Barun but I feel after the show goes on-air, within 30 days, people will change their mind. Like I said, when you have a good actor, somebody who can convince you about something, the whole dynamic changes.

Any plans to switch to Bollywood?
No, not at all! I have never had any fantasies or fascinations for Bollywood. But if a good project comes my way why not?

How challenging is to play the character of Paro in 'Rangrasiya'?
It's a very big challenge. I don't know if I've set in as yet. Sometimes, when my director says ok in one take, I am not sure if I have done the right thing. I am always stressed about this character but I am lucky that I've people to guide me. For the first few episodes when I started shooting for the show, I was very upset. But it's good because the last time I stressed so much about a character was when I played Khushi in Iss Pyaar Ko Kyaa Naam Doon. So, I am hoping this will work.

ALSO READ: "Would rather sit at home than be a furniture in a popular show"

Are you jittery about your shows acceptance?
No I am not. I am 100 percent sure this show will work. I was scared doing Chhanchhan as I wasn't sure but I am very confident about Rangrasiya. I not at all afraid of acceptance, I am very happy that I've been accepted as an actor. I think all actors have hits and flops in their career and that doesn't take away the talent that they have. The biggest example that we have is of Ashish. The most underrated actor on TV. Hopefully this show is going to do wonders for him. If have the talent you have nothing to be afraid of.

Do you regret doing 'Chhanchhan'? I don't regret doing anything I do in life. I learnt what not to do during Chhanchhan. I think everything happens for a reason. Because I have been so lucky in the industry with everything, when things suddenly fall out of place, you realize you should take better care the next time.

How do you and Mohit Sehgal find time for each other with such busy schedules?Bechara Mohit makes all the efforts. Sometimes he comes on the sets. I am the laziest person. I barely even speak to him on phone. My mom keeps telling me speak to him on phone at least. So we don't get time for each other. We try to take out time for each other. But again whenever we get time, we mostly end up meeting friends.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

SanzBarbie thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
This is what I just adore about Sanaya, she is so straight forward to her replies ..
cj-the-fool thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
All the best sanaya Irani love you lots
MesmerizingSanz thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
another good interview by Sanaya
I like the way she answers the question , to the point and elaborate
HeyDeviMaiyya thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Lovely interview <3 Tfs Tanu ! ðŸ˜³
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
This was one good interview ! 
sarunsashasingh thumbnail
Nice iv.

Tfs.

Iam sure Sanish will do great just like Sarun.
LazyBing thumbnail
TFS😃
what great replies she gave and soo happy that her n ashish r getting on well with each other😳