I Wear My Heart Upon My Sleeve

Rockerchic thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
It's much hard to say to whom those words are more appropriate. 

Perhaps for Paro who smiles too much and hopes too much or perhaps for Rudra who frowns too much and feels too much. 

Or perhaps untrue for both.

Perhaps the both of them are playing a part. Perhaps the part has become them.  

Othello has remained my least favourite of Shakespeare's plays. It's primary emphasis on Iago as the puppet master has always rung bitter. Othello is merely a circumstantial tragic hero(or claimed so, I, of course, disagree) who plays into his hands. 

It's interesting that they've based Rudra off him. Othello's sincerity and conviction I hope are the traits they've inherited. It is much too early to judge any way. 

(Let's hope they don't make him kill his lover,in any case :P ) 

The premise of the show is excellent. And execution really is key. Here's to a successful run for Rang Rasiya. 

-RC
Edited by Rockerchic - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

archana.mh17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
First things first-honestly, when I read in an article that the show is based on Othello(later clarified that only Rudra is supposed to be based on Othello), my first thought was that they better not make him kill his lover!
  Anyway, I agree with you on the need for execution! It has to be top notch & they have to stick to their guns & tell the story that they want to-hopefully, it'll not come to a point where the channel or the TRPs dictate the storyline since, I believe the channel only cares about the ratings & seems to know jack about storytelling(unfair accusation, maybe, but there have been way too many instances to support my statement)! Its too early to worry about that!
  I am not much of a fan of the storyline of Othello, either!
This show has been showing potential! So, hopefully, Rangrasiya will do well & we'll have a show that, actually entertains!
harleen_naz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I am big fan of Shakespeare.I loved all his play including Othello.I am sure they will not show story like Othello because in the end he kills his lover.I think Indian audience is not still ready to watch that on tv serials...
Midnightsorrow thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
I'm not an Othello fan at all. As a Matter of fact I dislike all of Shakespeare's plays Including Romeo & Juliet. Only Rudra character is base off of Othello while the Rangrasiya story is very different even from the promo itself you can tell.
Rockerchic thumbnail

Originally posted by: archana.mh17

First things first-honestly, when I read in an article that the show is based on Othello(later clarified that only Rudra is supposed to be based on Othello), my first thought was that they better not make him kill his lover!

Anyway, I agree with you on the need for execution! It has to be top notch & they have to stick to their guns & tell the story that they want to-hopefully, it'll not come to a point where the channel or the TRPs dictate the storyline since, I believe the channel only cares about the ratings & seems to know jack about storytelling(unfair accusation, maybe, but there have been way too many instances to support my statement)! Its too early to worry about that!
  I am not much of a fan of the storyline of Othello, either!
This show has been showing potential! So, hopefully, Rangrasiya will do well & we'll have a show that, actually entertains!

No I know the story isn't Othello. But  character Othello is dedicated but easily manipulated. None the less, but perhaps I'm biased. ðŸ˜†
Rockerchic thumbnail

Originally posted by: blu24

I am big fan of Shakespeare.I loved all his play including Othello.I am sure they will not show story like Othello because in the end he kills his lover.I think Indian audience is not still ready to watch that on tv serials...

Damn straight. ðŸ˜†
harleen_naz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Rockerchic

Damn straight. ðŸ˜†

Thnk u.😊
archana.mh17 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: Rockerchic

No I know the story isn't Othello. But  character Othello is dedicated but easily manipulated. None the less, but perhaps I'm biased. ðŸ˜†

Oh crap! I didn't mean to clarify it to you, your post made it clear that you knew-I did feel that the post may sound that way! I was only saying that I was hoping that they don't get Rudra to kill Paro until I got to know that only one character & not the entire show was based on Othello!😆
Edited by archana.mh17 - 10 years ago
Su_Somerholic thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
I'd say this show would do brilliant as long as they execute the story according to what writers originally had in mind instead of bending to fans' wishes or TRPs! 
Guinea thumbnail
Nice post ...really eager to see what happens when rudra and paro meet for the first time . Together they should be awesome on my tv screen.