India-Forums

Rangrasiya
Rangrasiya

Bitter Childhood, Dark Ocean

Oyster IF-Sizzlerz
Oyster
Oyster

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 1:59pm | IP Logged
First of all, loved the opening episode. Awesome work RR team! 

Rudra is actually the first dark character that makes complete sense. The trend of angry young man is quite common but I have not seen any character as justified as that of Rudra. The reasoning is always one isolated bitter past experience and the person turns bitter for the rest of his life until he meets the girl who transforms him. While it looks good onscreen, it is very illogical to me. Rudra, however, had one bitter experience and an extended bitter childhood to add to it. His mother abandons him and his father maintains a very mechanical relationship with his son. He faces isolation in school and probably in his community too.  To seal it, he is trained as an army officer in a very harsh environment  - I have heard real stories of the rigorous training, which kills the emotional side of a person,that happens in army camps.  Paro, on the other hand, had an extremely bitter experience as a child too. Nevertheless, she had a loving family to nurture her through her difficult times. Hence, Paro has grown up as a normal person despite that one bitter life experience. Like they say, time and a positive atmosphere heals every wound. Rudra had neither of these and hence he turned into something like a dark ocean. Although I usually find the snobbish and larger than life attitude of angry young man characters very annoying, I can sympathize with Rudra already. And this is what you call a well-developed character! 

Would appreciate your views too.

Edited by Oyster - 30 December 2013 at 2:00pm

The following 55 member(s) liked the above post:

decent07princessep13ipkknd10decent00007Bharati27kashevVera-Emma.K-expectappuTwinky28SarunarshiyJulie_StarKhurafatiKalashNadia_DiyaMdivyabelleneet2407sslmay11bleeding.loveipkknd-fanAmazingAmyIceflames-HappyBird-Kittya_CullenAruni.SS88-DobByDoDgeR-SanzforSushshowviewerZeffySidda8-Saba-_Rashmijaya100-Saumya-SanzBarbiesree07CandYlicious_SGuineaMeeraHKpieryroseamaiatvbufDeedeepa1fm05OmNaMaSteOmNabakov_MusingspakpearlincandescentLoveo2oMoronsKiMallika-himu-xAaliyaHeyDeviMaiyyaprincessunaraSofna

Related Videos

MoronsKiMallika IF-Sizzlerz
MoronsKiMallika
MoronsKiMallika

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 2:05pm | IP Logged
Agreed. The very fact that Rudra had nothing and nobody to fall back on , left completely vulnerable and fed with hatred against his mother and beautiful women , I can see just why Rudra is so ruthless. No sun means never ending winter. So, yeah , here's the ruthless Rudra for you , who may not even remember the last time someone spoke kindly to him. 

Emotional famine leaves you dry and lifeless. Rudra seems to have no reason to feel, as of now.

Edited by MoronsKiMallika - 31 December 2013 at 5:16am

The following 19 member(s) liked the above post:

decent07decent00007-Emma.K-Sarunarshiyneet2407Julie_StarKhurafatiKalashIceflamesSanzforSushAruni.SS88Kittya_CullenSanzBarbie-Saba-_Rashmijaya100OysterxAaliyaSofna

xAaliya IF-Stunnerz
xAaliya
xAaliya

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 2:11pm | IP Logged
Awesome post Sonia.

I agree with you, I love the fact how the show both characters childhood from the beginning especially Rudra past was well done, his character make perfect sense I feel so bad for him. Poor guy Cry I think Rudra is the only angry young man who character make perfect sense because we actually see what an awful childhood he had.

The Bus scene with Paro & Rudra as kids was Beautiful with the Rangrasiya theme song.   

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

decent07decent00007SarunarshiyJulie_Starneet2407IceflamesSanzBarbieMeeraHKMoronsKiMallikaamaiaOyster

-Emma.K- Senior Member
-Emma.K-
-Emma.K-

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 2:19pm | IP Logged
Loved your post, and can't help but agree.  The angry young man with a bitter past has become a very very common trend and like you, I didn't always understand it, however in Rudra's case it makes perfect sense to me.

As you mentioned, Paro had a heartbreaking childhood, but a proper environment filled with love and care made her outlook more positive towards life. Rudra on the other hand...did he have anything to fall back on? We don't know the entirety of his past however from the looks of it, there seems to be nothing but negativity - whether it's his father who feeds him with his idea regarding beautiful women, the attitude from his schoolmates, his teacher...and then joining the army must have made him plow all of that anger into his work, which will turn out to be a sole importance.

I'm loving all the discussion on the forum, it's great to see! But then, after such an impressive episode it is kind of expectedSmile

The following 11 member(s) liked the above post:

decent07decent00007SarunarshiyJulie_Starneet24071sarunIceflamesSS88OysterMoronsKiMallikafm05

Julie_Star Goldie
Julie_Star
Julie_Star

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 2:38pm | IP Logged
Yes your correct here. This character make perfect sense now.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

decent07decent00007SarunarshiyOyster

SS88 IF-Dazzler
SS88
SS88

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
Sonya, hi! where have you been? How are you?
I loved the episode. This could be the very first angry young man I sympathize with all the time. And Nautanki really know how to start a show, don't they? I remember watching the first epi of Madhubala which was also quite good. but nothing can touch RR. Today's episode was so enthralling, I forgot this was a soap. The kids <3, love them. They were brilliant.
I got my sister to download it for me. Must watch again.

pakpearl IF-Sizzlerz
pakpearl
pakpearl

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 3:13pm | IP Logged
Sanaya's back n so is my Soniya...
Well-said..
I've no other option..I arree..Smile

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

decent07decent00007Oyster

neet2407 Goldie
neet2407
neet2407

Posted: 30 December 2013 at 3:17pm | IP Logged
Just watched the episode - wow it was awesome and I agree with you about Rudra - I really felt the pain of the little Rudra - he couldn't even take the doll from Paro he was so used to no one caring about him - but somehow she understood him even in her own pain and gave him her doll - wow wow wow - their characters explained beautifully through the kids 

Go to top

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

• Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted

Check these Celebrity also

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index