Arshi FF:Entwined--Thrd 3 *completed* double update Page 28 - Page 4

Posted: 10 years ago
Lovely man! Chapter 40 was some how showing exactly how the world treats people like khushi as the victim and a few as courageous ones like Arnav with a sense of protection!

Though nk I'm not able to trust completely!! His reason is justified and perfect but hard to believe

And the office scene was so so damn good!

A new thread, a new year a new beginning!! Wishing you a very happy and prosperous new year!

Cheers
Congratulations on d new thread :)
Congrats on the new thread... 👏
How about inagurating this thread with a rocking update in THIS YEAR itself??  😛
Thread 3 👏
Awesome stuff!!!!

Note: All Pics and Information Credit----obviously Google Mata!

Entwined

Chapter-41:

"Hello, Good morning, this is Nand Kishore and you are watching Crime Report in TodayYou----wake up before it's too late"

"Human trafficking is a crime that often goes underreported due to its covert nature, various misconceptions about its definition, and a lack of awareness about its indicators on the local level. Today we are going to look into this in much broader perspective, involving some shocking revelations"

"These efforts taken by the government or some private organizations are definitely remarkable, without any denial. India's efforts to protect victims of trafficking vary from state to state, but remains inadequate in many places.

According to the information from online Yahoo Portal,

New Delhi has become a hub in the illegal trade of young girls being sold into prostitution, forced marriage and domestic labour.

Reports had stated how almost half the numbers of the worlds enslaved are in India, where slavery ranges from bonded labour in quarries and kilns to commercial sex exploitation"

"Girls across the world are kidnapped, forcibly married, accused, molested and finally sold to prostitution. And it is shocking to process that more than half of the world's statistics from this kind of illegal business is offered by India"

"Despite the various NGO's and programs running across the country, quite a lot of youth councils spreading awareness, even with right amount of law being imposed, where exactly are we failing as a country? A question that cannot be answered, sitting in your living room nor can be attributed presenting a story like this. But what we can try and think of is, where exactly are we failing as a society?"

"Today I bring to you, such shocking revelations of known faces in this very Delhi society through an inspiring story of a brave survivor. But, before that here is a report of the undercover operation performed by our team..."

As the video clippings played in the TV screens of every family in the city, the faces in the video being blurred, shocking truths being unveiled one after the other, alarming silence is what that was settled across the living rooms of various families.

There were clippings of young girls being trapped with secret drugging and eventually being kidnapped...

There were clippings of girls standing like an entity in a dark hall, bidding prices echoing around...

Clippings of girls going missing from a party hall after excessive drinking...

Everything of which in blurred, secret videos, but the story has been conveyed. Just as the last clipping of a girl being kidnapped was displayed the Television screens displayed one of the most familiar mansions of the Delhi upper class society, appalling everyone, even as a loud audible gasp heard from the living room of that very building.

"Boss!" Akash almost yelled panic surfacing in his nerves and within moments the whole of the mansion men including Rohan and his father gathered in the living room.

"Yes, this is the cruel truth of one of the most reputed families in the society, with abundant political influence coming in handy, the Singhanias are not just active participants in the increasing Sex Trafficking of the city, but also the main point of contact for the majority of South-Asian countries, where the human trafficking has become prominent."

"f**k! This son of a bitch!" Rohan exclaimed.

"No, no ,no, this is not happening! Rohan do something!" his father yelled.

"Rohan Singhania, who even holds a party membership in the parliament, secretly runs this illegal business along with his step brother Akash Singhania. Now to what extent the two brothers are supported by his father, is something yet to be investigated..."

"Today, we have in our studio, someone who has not just been victim but even the brave survivor of the whole debacle, Khushi Kumari Gupta..."

As khushi started narrating her story, fathers across the city watching television held their daughters protectively, husbands looked at their wives promisingly, many young girls raged with anger while the young responsible men cursed the sinners.

Immediate respective cases were filed against the Singhanias, and the evidences were submitted to the judiciary. The inspector of police, Mr.Paresh Chowdary looked at both Shyam and NK with genuine appreciation when they walked in to submit the proofs. The city suddenly broke into a sudden burst of events, as many NGO's and Women welfare organizations ran rallies demanding death sentence for both Akash and Rohan. Rohan was ousted from the parliament and the license for the Singhania marble manufacturers was cancelled.  Since there wasn't any direct evidence against Mr.Singhania, excluding him, both of the other men in Singhania clad, Rohan and Akash, were immediately taken into custody, much to their reluctance. 

In the two weeks that followed, the news circulated among almost all the news channels, but as per NK's promise, Khushi wasn't compelled to give any more statements about anything else. They were all thrown into a lot of activities suddenly and they didn't even have enough time to stop and process it all. Shyam had gotten busy dealing with the public prosecution of the upcoming hearing; Arnav spared Anjali of the whole drama owing to her health, while he handled all the sudden attention with NK more or less playing their spokesperson for Public Relation and Sheethal dedicated the whole of her time handling Khushi's nervous reactions, as little as they had been.

As Khushi sat across the table in the office room of NK, watching Arnav enthralled in a serious conversation in his phone, she couldn't help but wonder, how her journey had suddenly turned into. Today, as she walked in the nearby vicinity of Raizada Mansion, if she did walk alone, she knew that people recognized her, people might even talk about her, more so, discuss about her even without knowing anything and yet------ how long? She found herself asking. It could be a week, a month or rather a year, but at some point or the other, they will move on to something else, just like she did. Yes, today even as she saw the replay of clippings of her own narration, she can proudly saw, she had moved on, finally in a true sense.

"I just want to ask you Khushi, would you like to have your face blurred or entirely have a shadowed image while you speak?"  She recalled NK asking her, as she waited in the studio that day, even as her eyes were completely attuned to that of Arnav, who was looking at her from behind the camera.

He fixed his molten orbs on her, she still remembered the kind of look in his eyes at that very moment, it spoke volumes, something completely unvoiced and even if she tried, she couldn't form words out of the little communication they were having back then at that moment.

"A guilty person often needs to hide an ugly face. Neither am I guilty, nor have I done anything ugly..."

The way in which Arnav's face curved up into this little smile of pride after what she said, told her everything that was in his mind. And that was all that was needed for her to move on, for real.

She had been loathing too much, the self-guilt, calling herself names, had all been done too much, she had realized. Finally it was the time to face the reality. And as she narrated her story over and over again, the point that some sane part of her had been trying to induce finally synced in her mind. Everything of which that had resulted in her behavioral aspects, her inferiority complex, the dreading of being accepted, the threat of being judged everything gradually started unveiling inside her mind and she now knew, nothing of which that happened to her was her mistake and the real sinners are finally being punished.

This was the thought that kept her going and today sitting in NK's room as she looked at the pictures of Sex Trafficking and various messages attached to his bulletin board, and another glance at the video clippings of on-going rallies in the city, she knew she was doing the right thing, or probably something that was too much delayed because of her own fears.

"You, actually aren't what I initially thought you would be.." she heard Sheethal's voice and tore her gaze from Arnav to witness the ongoing conversation.

"What did you think?" Nk asked collecting a huge pile of papers which Sheethal arranged as she handed it to him, before he placed the same into his book-file.

"Uh just a journalist completely using his pen and mike, for money.."

"That's true, but in my own way"

"---I gathered as much..."

"Every individual needs to work to climb up the ladder in the work-place. Journalism is no different, I'm a self declared ambitious in that way, but in my own way..."

"It's in a good way actually, one can only know, when you look at things closer"

Nk stopped arranging his file and looked at Sheethal, as their eyes met for the briefest moment and genuine smiles filling their faces. "I smoke..." Nk spoke nonchalantly continuing to arrange the papers.

"I've seen..."

"And you didn't judge?"

""Look, I was being protective for my friend alright? When I first met you? And its only natural to be perceptive of people, especially in such situations. She is really precious to me, that was all to it. But that doesn't mean I go about judging people in everything okay? Someone who smokes and drinks, doesn't really make them a bad person, it can just be a bad habit, of course..."

"You seem to be a very good friend..." Nk smiled and Sheethal just awkwardly shrugged.

"Would you fit in all pronouns that might come with the word friend'----?"

"-----Like?"

"Uh, something like girl'?----"

Just as Sheethal gasped making her lips round, the implication syncing in her mind, they heard Khushi laughing from across the room, making Sheethal fume even more as she picked up a tissue and threw at her friend.

"That was one awesome pick-up line I've ever heard NK!" she said catching the tissue roll in her hand and still chuckling.

Nk bowed mouthing a thank-you and Sheethal just glared at the both of them.

"Ha ha very funny..."

Khushi laughed more at Sheethal's almost annoyed tone as she got up from the couch and made her way towards the exit. "Where are you headed to?" Sheethal asked.

"Well, I didn't know I wasn't supposed to eavesdrop, but now that I know..." she smirked causing NK to chuckle more. "And I'll remember not to be in the same room as you two, the next time.."

She spoke turning to her side still chuckling, completely oblivious to the person just walked in as she bumped into Arnav with a sudden force that caused her to stumble back as a sudden reaction.

"Shit! Are you alright? Khushi?" he said completely worked up almost immediately as he held her by her arms, keeping her in place, while his one hand went onto the side of her forehead, where his shoulder hit her. His fingers tenderly replaced hers that were caressing and Khushi finally looked up, only to be met by his concerned eyes gazing back at her.

"I..M fine..."

She said but it so appeared that it didn't reach his ears, as his concentration was back on her forehead, his hands continuing to caress the spot. Khushi suddenly realized, it had been ages that she felt him that close. It felt like so long ago, that she last inhaled his cologne. And she realized she was missing him. Despite having him everywhere around, she was missing him, and the initial disorientation that nagged her mind few days ago, resumed and the feeling only became stronger, when his eyes momentarily acknowledged the way she was looking up at him and then he could no longer meet his eyes with that of hers, after that.

What's going on?

One Month Later,

Supreme Court,

Delhi.

A weird silence occupied itself in the car, as Arnav drove Khushi along with NK and sheethal to the court.  Once reached, Shyam met there, and started guiding them towards the court-room.

"You know what to do right?" Arnav spoke to Sheethal turning around briefly, while Sheethal nodded in assurance. Khushi exactly knew what they were talking about.

Ignoring the mess of her mind Khushi, just followed the rest, as they started walking from the parking area towards the court room. As on cue, the police jeep drove inside bringing along with it, the criminals of the hearing. Like her impulsive reactions would have it, her hands trembled at the mere sight of Rohan who was glaring back at her from the back of jeep; her breathing became uneven as she struggled to keep her pace steady. Sheethal held her hand trying to ease out her nerves and Arnav right away started walking ahead of her, shielding her completely.

His hands hand-cuffed behind him, his attire representing that of a prisoner and as the policemen walked Rohan his steps faltering, he continued to glare at Arnav, all the way as the both men walked from opposite ends towards each other. They stopped right in front of the court hall, the long stair-case standing in their background, and Rohan continued to throw daggers at Arnav.

"Arnav Singh Raizada, you will regret this..." Rohan roared as soon he reached two feet distance away from Arnav, with both of his hands held by the constables behind.

"Finally I come in face to face with the famous burglar, you have no idea how much I've waited this...bas***d!" Arnav spoke all too nonchalantly even the curse that escaped his mouth just felt natural.

Rohan laughed in his evil way and just as his gaze shifted behind Arnav, Arnav stepped on his foot completely blocking his way. "Uh,uh... Don't even think of it..."

"Whoa! Whoa!! The protective boyfriend huh? All for this feisty bit-----"

Rohan's blabber was interrupted by a punch right across his nose, blood oozing out almost immediately, but before he fell backwards, Arnav held his collar and pulled him back, facing him nose-to-nose, as his eyes continued to throw furious red daggers right at him.

"Listen to me and listen to me real good, the hearing will be of maximum two hours because we all know what the judgment will be, and I'm gonna keep my cool until then. If you as much as lift your eyes to look at her, let alone glare, I'll forget we are in a judiciary, yeah?

And you know what? I'm pretty influenced too, so you really don't want to find that out, I mean it f**king asshole!"

Rohan flinched at the way Arnav talked in between his clenched teeth and yet uttered the curse ever so nonchalantly. It somehow spoke volumes about the rage Arnav had for him. He tore his gaze away from Arnav right when he heard Akash's protests from behind right when the two of them were dragged away into the court hall.

"The court is adjourned for next session..."

"Since, the prosecution couldn't proclaim the right evidence for the death of Mr and Mrs Shashi Gupta, as per the request, the session is adjourned until the next hearing..."

The entire process has been tiring and exhausting yet the efforts weren't up to the mark. Arnav was truly exasperated to say the least, with the judiciary system, with the cunningness of the bas***ds, the prolonged hearing, everything of which literally eating them up. Shyam was doing everything that he can, however despite the repeat investigation and digging in various facts about the accident that happened almost two years ago, they couldn't strongly prove that it wasn't an accident.

"What are the odds Shyam?"

"The evidences given by NK and Khushi's statement would assure them of a lifelong imprisonment, however..."

"---Oh there got to be something!!"

"I know, but Arnav the car was smashed and damaged, from what khushi told, the brakes of the car failed before the clash and this takes away the little possibility of proving that it wasn't an accident..."

"----but what about the bas***d pushing Khushi from the terrace.., she gave a statement about that too, doesn't that count at all? Or for that matter all the murder attempts and threats towards her?"

"-----Section 307. Attempt to murder.-- Whoever does any act with such intention or knowledge, and under such circumstances that, if he by that act caused death, he would be guilty of murder, shall be punished with imprisonment of either description for a term which may extend to ten years, and shall also be liable to fine; and, if hurt is caused to any person by such act, the offender shall be liable either--------"

"Okay, okay stop!" Arnav threw his hands in air completely exasperated.

"There got to be something Jiju!!" Desperation was evident in his stance yet his mind was fast racing with plans and alternatives. Leaving the assholes to the judiciary when all they could do was life-long imprisonment is of no bloody use!

Two months Later,

Delhi supreme Court,

Final hearing day...

He looked on with as much patience as he can accumulate, as Shyam spoke all that he needs to, as Khushi's prosecution, looked on at Khushi who was standing in the trail, clutching her duppatta nervousness completely evident in her stance and at Rohan who stood in his cubicle almost like he had lost the battle. Every evidence, every proof, Khushi's statement, everything was completely against him and Arnav could only smirk in satisfaction witnessing it all.

He heard those very three words, he had been waiting for and by now had been sure that would be it.

"Subjected to Life-long Imprisonment.."

"Okaayyy!!" Arnav banged his fist against the railing, but the main deed was yet to be completed. Now he exactly knew what he needs to do.

Arnav met Shyam's eyes once they were out of the court hall and a silent communication had been passed across them. They walked towards the main exit just as both Akash and Rohan were being dragged out towards the jeep. Nk looked at one of the police men who was walking Rohan and another nod of acknowledgment passed across.

"Khushi, I'm right here, okay?" Arnav said and all she did was nod nervously, for she knew, this needs to be done.

Right on cue, the two police men, acted busy or occupied smartly letting go off both the hand-cuffs, and acted unaffected by the threat of it. Driven by revenge, occupied by sudden change in the whole of their plan, filled with complete rage at the whole of Raizada clad, rather at Khushi, Akash ran targeting Khushi while the three men with Khushi acted oblivious to it all.

Akash ran across the corridor, on his way grabbing a revolver from one of the policemen holding him, and Rohan processing the little act being put up ran right behind him in an attempt to stop. However, it was too late, and Akash captivated Khushi, tugging at her neck from behind even as he pointed the gun right to her forehead.

"Let us go or, it will be her death!"

"Akash let go!"

"No boss, this has gotten too much now!! Common let us go, or I'm gonna kill her!"

Khushi gasped, even though it was expected, her hands straight down, her eyes pouring out the exact fear she had witnessed very long ago, but she knew it wouldn't last long and she closed her eyes, anticipating it all.

It all happened within moments, and the vicinity echoed with three loud sounds of revolver being fired. Khushi opened her eyes, feeling the pressure that was applied at her neck loosening. Just as she opened her eyes, she felt Akash falling right behind her and ahead of her was Rohan, who looked at her with dreading horrified eyes before he fell right at her feet. As the two dead bodies lay on either side of her feet, all that Khushi could do was utter a loud shriek, with her hands going over her ears, and her stance completely representing that of a statue.

Arnav silently thanked the two police-men who fired the bullets and walked towards Khushi, his insides completely dreading her reaction. He knew it was a risk that might push her back to her trauma, but it was enough of a risk when compared to leave the two sinners alone. Justice denied is justice delayed and as disappointing as that could get, in this country, you never know what a life-long imprisonment might turn into, especially when it came to the politically acclaimed, corrupted, system. Even he had to accomplish the very corruption to be able to do this. Disappointing, but true. He had processed this long back. And his long term planning mind had always been cautious about the whole fiasco.

"Khushi?" he said just as he reached her and tenderly touched her shoulder. She shivered, almost instantly and in the next moment he knew, she fell right into his arms almost fainting, but more or less, alarmed. He lifted her off her feet as she tangled her hands around his neck and he walked with her in his arms, with their mission finally achieved.

Chapter-42

Edited by dedeepyalove - 10 years ago
New thread!!!!!congrads...

Oh my God!!!!what I have done...Edited by shijinareneesh - 10 years ago
wao another brilliant update! (chapter 40)
congrats on the new thread!!
Just caught up with chapters 37-40 and I want more! 
Khushis strengths no courage is admirable, or rally like how strong you have portrayed her.

Arnav is definitely king to be there for the long haul and with that knowledge, I'm sure ambushing will be a lot more confident.

Looking forward to what happens during and after the interview.
Wish you a very Happy New Year.
And waiting for the update.

That was brilliant, Dedee, absolutely brilliant.

What I loved the most was how justice was dealt with.
These two deseved to die.
Its true how are justice system has failed us many times.
And Arnav took no chances with Khushi's life.

A new love story is developing between NK and Sheetal.
That was sweet.

Love this story.
Thanks for writing this.
Edited by 1chilly - 10 years ago