No consistency in Anshuman's character? - Page 2

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by NiharikaMishra

I guess Anshuman is the most consistent male lead I have seen on TV. With the general scenario being bad-boy-meets-good-girl and converting to the good guy, Anshuman has his requirements straight till now, with feelings of pure dismay every time Paakhi accomplishes a  task.

I was very hopeful about the salsa dance sequence with the awestruck expressions of IK I saw on SBS but then they were just for "OMG! How did she do that!!!"

Thankfully this seems more realistic than the general TV trend of the-sweet-love-can-change-anyone thing.
Would only like to see him change after Paakhi leaves, with or without giving him an earful.

Agree with you. Anshuman is the most consistent lead I have seen on TV. He is not the typical guy who abuses the girl and then sweet love changes him and he falls in love with her. He is an guy who stays very aloof. That is because he didn't have a family when he was growing up with mom dying and he studying in a boarding school. But now with Pakhi he is going to learn how family stays and he is going to learn the warmth of a family. A person who didn't have the warmth of a family when growing up is not going to be a warmth giving person and that is what Anshuman is right now. He is only concerned about his work and that explains why he is not close to Ayaan too. Now things will change and I so am loving this show right now. 

Finally when Pakhi moves out then he will realize that what she was to him. Really a different serial and different leads.
originally posted by  psarada
Agree with you. Anshuman is the most consistent lead I have seen on TV. He is not the typical guy who abuses the girl and then sweet love changes him and he falls in love with her. He is an guy who stays very aloof. That is because he didn't have a family when he was growing up with mom dying and he studying in a boarding school. But now with Pakhi he is going to learn how family stays and he is going to learn the warmth of a family. A person who didn't have the warmth of a family when growing up is not going to be a warmth giving person and that is what Anshuman is right now. He is only concerned about his work and that explains why he is not close to Ayaan too. Now things will change and I so am loving this show right now. 

Finally when Pakhi moves out then he will realize that what she was to him. Really a different serial and different leads.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will agree with you Sarada
In the serials  there is no  consistency in the characters ...but it is quite different in Tumhari Paakhi....You take Anjuman or Paakhi ...both are shown , what they are from the begining of the serial...
secondly ...not too much melodrama or dragging in  the story shown ...Anjuman main aim is to send back Paakhi to Chittorgrah so that she can marry Tanya ...further expand his business...with the help of Rana
Anjuman  definitely will realize  what he  has lost...in absence of Paakhi...I am eagerly waiting what will be his reaction...??How he feels  without Paakhi...

We have to give credit to CV for maintaining the tempo in the story and the characters like Anjuman and Paakhi...as a natural human beings...👏not a filmy characters...!!

Originally posted by anasuya43

originally posted by  psarada

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I will agree with you Sarada
In the serials  there is no  consistency in the characters ...but it is quite different in Tumhari Paakhi....You take Anjuman or Paakhi ...both are shown , what they are from the begining of the serial...
secondly ...not too much melodrama or dragging in  the story shown ...Anjuman main aim is to send back Paakhi to Chittorgrah so that she can marry Tanya ...further expand his business...with the help of Rana
Anjuman  definitely will realize  what he  has lost...in absence of Paakhi...I am eagerly waiting what will be his reaction...??How he feels  without Paakhi...

We have to give credit to CV for maintaining the tempo in the story and the characters like Anjuman and Paakhi...as a natural human beings...👏not a filmy characters...!!

<br> i fully agree
Originally posted by psarada

I didn't have any problem with Anshuman's characterization before yesterday's scene. As I also mentioned in my post I really like him for his wary and aloof personality. My only problem was that Anshuman wasn't angry at Ayaan for misbehaving with Paakhi. While watching the last few episodes (the car one and the Ayaan entry scene ) I had the impression that no matter how aloof or indifferent Anshuman might be to Paakhi and her feelings but he can't tolerate his son misbehaving with elders. I expected same kind of reaction from him in yesterday's scene and that was why I felt a bit disconnected.
But yes as some of you mentioned it might be coz of the fact that Anshuman is now seeing all this from his mission Paakhi bhagao perspective and not as a father 

@everyone: Btw thanks for the replies 😊
Edited by virgo_gurl - 10 years ago
Originally posted by virgo_gurl

I didn't have any problem with Anshuman's characterization before yesterday's scene. As I also mentioned in my post I really like him for his wary and aloof personality. My only problem was that Anshuman wasn't angry at Ayaan for misbehaving with Paakhi. While watching the last few episodes (the car one and the Ayaan entry scene ) I had the impression that no matter how aloof or indifferent Anshuman might be to Paakhi and her feelings but he can't tolerate his son misbehaving with elders. I expected same kind of reaction from him in yesterday's scene and that was why I felt a bit disconnected.
But yes as some of you mentioned it might be coz of the fact that Anshuman is now seeing all this from his mission Paakhi bhagao perspective and not as a father 

@everyone: Btw thanks for the replies 😊

I agree on this, but Anshuman is also a very indifferent, or rather a very shallow father here. He is doing what his own father did, send him to boarding and the kind of self-obsessed person that he is, he thinks he has come out as a great person after all these years as a boarding school-kid.
He thinks sending off Ayaan as well would do him good.

Of course he was quite displeased with Ayaan's misbehavior and wanted to mend his ways (in his own way). But the turn of events and Paakhi's insistence to let him stay has made him think of this as a way to get rid of her and hence he is encouraging Ayaan.

He is still very consistent about his thought that Ayaan is a spoilt kid and only boarding school can do him good. I am sure he may have planned to send him off as soon as Paakhi loses and leaves but he is putting the plan on hold to kill 2 birds on one stone.
Yes he was mad but he is happy now...
Since she has she will leave if aayan didn't get back on track...
Since aayan is still brat he is happy!!!
He is seeing himself winning...
That's why laughing at her back...
I disagree... there is no inconsistency of any sort... from day 1 Anshuman has made it clear (atleast to the audiences) that he wants Paakhi out of his life... and the smirk is because he is sure Paakhi is going to lose as he knows how difficult or rather badmaash Ayaan is... that smirk jus say "I so knew its gonna happen"
Do have to agree a bit. the character Anshuman is sort of inconsistent. Also makes it a bit unbelievable because he is supposed to be a strong willed businessman, and how he is unsure about his feelings for Pakhi - definitely takes away from the character