Mahabharat

llThe Two Krishnasll - Why Krishna Chose Arjuna-updated today

Medha.S thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago

Note: This thread shall be used to discuss the Arjuna-Krishna relationship dynamics and analyze their characters in relation to each other.i will be posting all my Arjuna-Krishna related thoughts and understanding on this thread.

9/12/13

In reality, there are four Krishnas in mahabharata

~ Lord Krishna himself

Out of all his names, Krishna is the most popular one because his persona is comparable to the meaning of Krishna'. Krishna means delight given by His very existence' or the One who attracts Everyone and Everything with his Charm.'

~ Arjuna

In the Virata Parva, before the Virat yudha, Prince Uttara asks Arjuna to tell him all his ten names.

"Uttara said, 'I would believe all this if thou canst enumerate the ten names of Partha, previously heard by me!'

"Arjuna said, 'I will, O son of Virata, tell thee my ten names. Listen thou and compare them with what thou hadst heard before. Listen to them with close attention and concentrated mind. They are Arjuna, Falguna, Jishnu, Kiritin, Swetavahana, Vibhatsu, Vijaya, Krishna, Savyasachin and Dhananjaya."

When asked again by Uttara to explain his names, Arjuna tells him that his 10th name i.e. Krishna was given to him by his Father out of affection for his black skinned boy of great purity and also because he meditates on the name of his Supreme Lord, Vaasudeva Krishna.

~ Draupadi

It is a well known fact. The Queen of Devine birth was called Krishna due to her dark skin and also because Lord Krishna gave her the status of his sister, so she was called Krishnaa'

~Krishna Dwaipayana Vyasa

Also known as Veda Vaysa, considered the literary incarnation of Lord Krishna.

The Two Krishnas

What I am talking about is that how around and during the 18 days war of Kurukshetra, Sanjaya who is verbalizing the goings of the war to Dhritrashtra keeps referring to the Krishna-Arjuna duo as The Two Krishnas'.

Dhritrashtra, Vidura, Karna and many others are seen referring them as The Two Krishnas'

Karna Parva, Book 8

Karna saying to Shalya Born in a sinful country thou art wicked-souled and mean, and a wretch amongst kshatriyas. Being a friend, why dost thou, like an enemy, frighten me with these praises of the two Krishnas? Either they two will slay me today or I will slay them two. Knowing as I do my own might, I do not cherish any fear of the two Krishnas. A 1,000 Vasudevas ( Krishna) and hundreds of Phalgunas (Arjuna), I shall, single-handed, slay.

Lord Brahman and Isana discussing the battle of Karna and Arjuna , 'The victory of the high-souled Vijaya is certain, of that Savyasaci who gratified the eater of sacrificial libations in the forest of Khandava and who, coming to heaven, rendered assistance to thee, O Sakra! Karna is on the side of the Danavas. It is proper, therefore, that he should meet with defeat. By this, without doubt, the purposes of the gods will be achieved. One's own business, O chief of the celestials, should always be important. The high-souled Phalguna, again, is devoted to truth and to morality. He must always be victorious, without doubt. He by whom the high-souled and holy god having the bull on his standard was gratified, why should not he, O thou of a hundred eyes, be victorious,--he, that is, who hath for the driver of his car that Lord of the universe, Vishnu himself? Possessed of great energy of mind and great strength, Partha is a hero, accomplished in arms and endued with ascetic merit. Possessed also of great energy of body, he beareth the entire science of weapons. Indeed, Partha hath every accomplishment. He ought to be victorious, since that would accomplish the purposes of the gods. In consequence of his greatness, Partha transgresses destiny itself, whether favourable or unfavourable, and when he does so, a great destruction of creatures takes place. When the two Krishnas are excited with wrath, they show regard for nothing. These two bulls among beings are the Creators of all real and unreal things. These two are Nara and Narayana, the two ancient and best of Rishis. There is none to rule over them. They are rulers over all, perfectly fearless, they are scorchers of all foes. In heaven or among human beings, there is none equal to either of them. The three worlds with the celestial Rishis and the Charanas are behind these two. All the gods and all creatures walk behind them. The entire universe exists in consequence of the power of these two. Let Karna, that bull among men, obtain these foremost of regions of bliss here. Let him obtain identity with the Vasus or the Maruts. Let him, with Drona and Bhishma, be worshipped in heaven, for Vikartana's son is brave and is a hero. Let the victory, however, belong to the two Krishnas." 

I, some days ago had a discussion with my Father on this to which he said that; by that time, they were one, Arjuna had completely submerged himself in his Lord that no one could tell the difference between the two. Arjuna had given up all his Masculine insecurities and the false ego of a Man which is why he became the Source' by which Krishna imparted his Knowledge to Us and this was the reason that when Krishna came to know about the Game Of Dice and all the happenings in Hastinapur, he at once left to meet the Pandavas.

Arjunabhigamana Parva

'The earth shall drink the blood of Duryodhana and Karna, of Dussasana and the wicked Sakuni! Slaying these in battle and defeating their followers along with their royal allies, will we all install Yudhishthira the just on the throne! The wicked deserve to be slain! Verily, this is eternal morality.'

Vaisampayana continued, 'And when on account of the wrongs of

Pritha's sons, Janardana had thus got into a passion, and seemed bent upon consuming all created things, Arjuna exerted himself to pacify him. And beholding Kesava angry, Falguna began to recite the feats achieved in his former lives by that soul of all things, himself immeasurable, the eternal one, of infinite energy, the lord of Prajapati himself, the supreme ruler of the worlds, Vishnu of profound wisdom!'

Arjuma soothes an angered filled Krishna with sweet words, telling him that such wrath does not suit you, the ever smiling one.

After Krishna calms down, he smiles lovingly towards Vijaya(Arjuna) who was the very soul of Him and says;

" Oh Partha, You are Mine and I am yours,so whatever is mine is also yours.He that hates you hates Me, He that Loves you, loves Me.Oh Dhanajaya, I am Narayana and you are Nara, both born in this human world for a special purpose. Partha, you are from me and I am from you. There is no one in this world who can understand the difference between you and Me."

Meaning, Krishna and Arjuna were soulmates or Twin souls.

10/12/13

ABHIMANYU WADHA PARVA

Abhimanyu, that dear son of Dhananjaya, the favorite of Vaasudeva and Draupadi has been killed in Guru Dronas chakravyu. The camp of the Pandavas is filled with cheerless faces of the warriors who blame themselves for they could not protect that brave child of Arjuna.

Arjuna has taken the Oath to kill Jaidaratha or sacrifice himself in the holy fire. The camp of the Kauravas are filled with warriors fearing for their lives for they know that Krishna will go to any lengths to protect Arjuna.Krishna, who is filled with righteous wrath and grief for his favorite nephew blows his conch at Arjunas Oath.

Arjuna gets chided gently by the Lord, "Oh Partha, you always are so rash, taking such a terrible oath without counselling me or caring for your life." but does not get any disapproval.

Krishna bids everyone Goodnight and takes Arjuna to his quarters, and prepares Arjunas bed, adorning it with flowers and weapons to be kept at his side.Though,Arjuna first worships his Lord Madhava, smearing him with perfumes and adorning him with fine Garlands, after which he gives his nightly offerings to Lord Shiva.

After Arjuna falls asleep. Krishna leaves for his own quarters after placing heavy gaurds on Arjunas doors...

Krishna then, spends the whole night thinking of ways to Dispel Parthas grief and bring happiness and prosperity to his beloved friend.

And the illustrious one (Kesava) of eyes like lotus petals, began for Partha's sake, to think of various means that would dispel (Partha's) grief and anxiety and enhance his prowess and splendour. Of soul wrapt in yoga, that Supreme Lord of all, viz., Vishnu of wide-spread fame, who always did what was agreeable to Jishnu, desirous of benefiting (Arjuna), lapsed into yoga, and meditation. There was none in the Pandava camp who slept that night. Wakefulness possessed every one, O monarch.

Krishna, when he came out of his slumber, in the middle of the night, thinking about Arjunas Vow starts pacing in his room and adresses his own charioteer, Daruka ; "Arjuna, in grief for the death of his son, hath vowed, O Daruka, that before tomorrow's sun goes down he will slay Jayadratha. Hearing of this, Duryodhana will assuredly take counsel with his counsellors, about how Partha may fail to achieve his object. His several Akshauhinis of troops will protect Jayadratha. Fully conversant with the ways of applying all weapons, Drona also, with his son, will protect him. That matchless hero, the Thousand-eyed (Indra himself), that crusher of the pride of Daityas and Danavas cannot venture to slay him in battle who is protected by Drona. I, therefore, will do that tomorrow by which Arjuna, the son of Kunti, may slay Jayadratha before the sun sets..."

Krishna makes up his mind to use any means he can so that Arjuna would succesfully fulfill his vow.

" ...My wives, my kinsmen, my relatives, none amongst these is dearer to me than Arjuna. O Daruka, I shall not be able to cast my eyes, even for a single moment, on the earth bereft of Arjuna. I tell thee, the earth shall not be reft to Arjuna. ( Krishna again mentions how no one in this world in more important to him than Arjuna. Not even his wives, relatives or his kinsmen)Myself vanquishing them all with their steeds and elephants by putting forth my strength for the sake of Arjuna, I will slay them with Karna and Suyodhana. Let the three worlds tomorrow behold my prowess in great battle, when I put forth my valour, O Daruka, for Dhananjaya's sake. Tomorrow thousands of kings and hundreds of princes, with their steeds and cars and elephants, will, O Daruka, fly away from battle. Thou shalt tomorrow, O Daruka, behold that army of kings overthrown and crushed with my discus, by myself in wrath for the sake of the son of Pandu. Tomorrow the (three) worlds with the gods, the Gandharvas, the Pisachas, the Snakes, and the Rakshasas, will know me as a (true) friend of Savyasachin(Arjuna)."

"He that hateth him, hateth me. He that followeth him, followeth me. Thou hast intelligence. Know that Arjuna is half of myself. When morning comes after the expiry of this night, thou, O Daruka, equipping my excellent car according to the rules of military science, must bring it and follow me with it carefully, placing on it my celestial mace called Kaumodaki, my dart and discus, bow and arrows, and every other thing necessary. O Suta, making room on the terrace of my car for my standard and for the heroic Garuda thereon, that adorns my umbrella, and yoking thereto my foremost of steeds named Valahaka and Meghapushpa and Saivya and Sugriva, having cased them in golden mail of the splendour of the sun and fire, and thyself putting on thy armour, stay on it carefully. Upon hearing the loud and terrible blast of my conch Panchajanya emitting the shrill Rishava note,[132] thou wilt come quickly to me. In course of a single day, O Daruka, I shall dispel the wrath and the diverse woes of my cousin, the son of my paternal aunt. By every means shall I strive so that Vibhatsu in battle may slay Jayadratha in the very sight of the Dhartarashtras. O charioteer, I tell thee that Vibhatsu (Arjuna) will certainly succeed in slaying all these for whose slaughter he will strive."

TBC..

Edited by medha00 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Medha.S thumbnail
Why Arjuna and not Vidura, Bheeshma, Karna or Yudhishtira.

Medha.S thumbnail
Arjuna and his Krishna consciousness 
RosChel.Lobster thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Wow best post till now πŸ‘
Thanks Medha :)
rashvin thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Such an awesome post... medhaπŸ‘πŸΌ
debaleena_tunai thumbnail
Wow!!awesome post... ⭐️ πŸ‘ Thanks for all the infos Medha πŸ˜ƒ
Medha.S thumbnail
Originally posted by: 22pundirabhi

Superb post yr πŸ‘

Hey thank you sis. I will try to post something about the two Krishnas everyday in the first three posts. You know i was thinking about arjuna staring at those stones like they were the answers to every problem in this world and my daddy was like " beta ... Durodhana ko inlogo ne hammer kyu thamaya hai ... People didnt use hammer in those times." and my sister was like " offo its 21st century papa ... Thor nahi dekha hai kya apne?" my family lol
Medha.S thumbnail
Originally posted by: 22pundirabhi

Superb post yr πŸ‘

Hey thank you sis. I will try to post something about the two Krishnas everyday in the first three posts. You know i was thinking about arjuna staring at those stones like they were the answers to every problem in this world and my daddy was like " beta ... Durodhana ye hammer lekr kyu ghoom raha hai?"
--Royal-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: medha00

Hey thank you sis. I will try to post something about the two Krishnas everyday in the first three posts. You know i was thinking about arjuna staring at those stones like they were the answers to every problem in this world and my daddy was like " beta ... Durodhana ko inlogo ne hammer kyu thamaya hai ... People didnt use hammer in those times." and my sister was like " offo its 21st century papa ... Thor nahi dekha hai kya apne?" my family lol

πŸ˜† i tell u your post was amazing 😊 i real like your writing style πŸ‘
Medha.S thumbnail
Double posting ... SorryEdited by medha00 - 10 years ago