How they built up ganga and then

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago
How they built up ganga and then destroyed the essence of ganga.

Ganga gained a lot of goodwill because she was also shown as a beleagured mother of mannu.

And now mannu almost disappeared.

Ganga was expected to be shown as a fiery village girl and not a replacement for anandi at BH.

Ganga's story came to an end because Jagya accepted her too soon.

Sanchi was not needed that much to push Jagya ganga love story.

It could have developed slowly without sanchi, shekhars and anandi playing roles and sumitra becoming negative.

Rattan could have been killed off.

Instead of ganga, it should have been Jagya who should have fallen in love with ganga first.
It would have been nice watching Jagya pursuing a reluctant ganga.

Ganga's pregnancy hiding puts a question mark on her motherhood and her duty towards mannu.
Well said... the whole pregnancy track is stupid... ganga is educated moreover a nurse yet undergoing a risky pregnancy thinking god will take care makes her gawar... in bv world we know ganga will survive after a lot of drama...but how can ganga do this...l did she ever think whaf will happen to mannu if she dies... stupid track
Leaves - thanks for bringing this topic up..
Always had this question - what was the reason for the beendnification of a mashaal wielding fiery character?? When Ganga's character was introduced, I actually admired the guts of the BV writing team to portray a female character so different from the run of the mill/clichd ones that have flooded the telly space..

Is it because the traditional audience who contribute to TRPs are uncomfortable with questioning/fiery/righteous female characters who do not confirm to the standards of the patriarchal society??   Unless and until a woman proves that she has become the true blue beendni, she cannot fulfill her dreams and set her own path??

Would like to hear from the the same writing team for the reasons they messed up Ganga's character!!
the reason may be the viewers like me who have watched bv from strtng hve difficulty in accepting Ganga... was coz I dint find nythng diff... i hve dis prob dat she is alwz compared wid Anandi... I alwz wanted cv's to shw a diff personality of ganga...

the way dey have shewn for Gauri & Saachi... at the least dey r still wht dey r shwn rite from strt...

the fire wic Ganga had in the strt to fight was dumbed in btw... n den she bcum all shema shema...

dey dint built Jayga - ganga relationship better... in strt it was good wen dey shwed two ppl wid bad past shared thngs wid each other becme frends but den thngs wer lost...

Ganga had dis pressure of charity done to her so she felt quite... what she is have nt shwn.,,,

for her she fell in luv wid jagya was easy n i get dat y... but d relationship could have been shwn a diff way... rather den bringing saachi in btw... dey ample of tme to built ganga's character...

n dis pregnanacy i feel she wants to return all d favours done to her... she could have been shwn gettng good at her wrk... or mkng her place as a DIL n den...

Ganga was fabulous when she was introduced. I don't mind her falling in love with Jagya first. It was a progressive idea.

But I hate how her character was ruined, her bond with Mannu was slowly put aside and she was constantly compared to Anandi or made to call Anandi and ask for her guidance. I found Ganga more quick witted than Anandi (comparing with post-leap, grown up Anandi) and I don't think she needed to be compared to Anandi or made her shadow/cheli.

The pregnancy track and Ganga not thinking even once about Mannu are horrendous damage to such a solid character.

Ganga's only a name now. She's barely there in serial, or we have BDs and constant comparisons to Anandi.