Operaqueen thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
After the SBS segment ,we are all a little uneasy to see shlok reveal his true colors to Astha. Few of us actually waited for this moment but are now wondering how things will be and to what extent can he abuse her so it is acceptable for Astha to forgive and end up with shlok. I also read posts where people were absolutely disgusted and could not accept Astha falling in love with him and forgiving him. 
Having witnessed few dear women in my life going through these situations , I can say there is no Right or wrong in this unfortunate situation. It is easy for us to sit in our secure environment with comfortable relationships and comment on how wrong it is for the victim to forgive the abuser, But there are emotional, financial and social pressures that might influence a woman to think otherwise. It takes a lot of guts to actually walk out of a bad marraige as much as to stay in one.  

Btw, the women that I mentioned above ,all chose to be with their husbands.  I do not judge them for their decisions because that was the best they could do considering their situations. And with this post, I am not promoting any regressive ideas that women should be bound to their abusive husbands for life, but rather the thought that we can try to be less judgmental about those that choose to do so.

Ok, done preaching for tonite๐Ÿ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

mayabharathi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
totally agree one same decision may be right for someone bt wrong for another one. Lets say astha leaves, cries for some time and find another guy and marry him and lead a happy life. We all know its asthas first love it is said that difficult to forget ones first love.What if astha marries bt does not forget her first love and it may happen that astha never give sincere love to her present husband. And what about astha marrying someone who again abuse her physically. I am talking of astha being any girl in our society in her situation.Leaving or staying we cannot judge well said operaqueen its good or bad.
sonia871 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
We have waited for this track...but after watching segment everyone is nervous...

I hope they dont make shlok NA..
I also want shlok n aastha till end..no third party!!
dsr11 thumbnail
Sandhya,
I understand what you are saying but Aastha doesn't have any of those restraints you mentioned to leave Shlok. They cannot show Shlok as an abuser and Aastha as forgiving for that reason alone. In the show they are comparing Niranjan-Anjali relationship and Shlok-Aastha relationship to show how things change from generation to generation. Earlier people used to put up with abuse because of all the familial, social and financial restraints but times have changed and Aastha is a modern women as she herself said once. And she is Kalindi's daughter. She cannot be shown as a meek submissive. 
Operaqueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: dsr11

Sandhya,

I understand what you are saying but Aastha doesn't have any of those restraints you mentioned to leave Shlok. They cannot show Shlok as an abuser and Aastha as forgiving for that reason alone. In the show they are comparing Niranjan-Anjali relationship and Shlok-Aastha relationship to show how things change from generation to generation. Earlier people used to put up with abuse because of all the familial, social and financial restraints but times have changed and Aastha is a modern women as she herself said once. And she is Kalindi's daughter. She cannot be shown as a meek submissive. 

Rekha, 
 I am not saying that Astha should put up with Shlok, even if he ends up like NA. I do not want her to be pati vrata but  rather fight back . She has an supportive family to go back to and will be in a position to end the marraige,.
I do not consider women that chose to stay in unhappy marriages meek or submissive,  It is a very difficult decision to separate from your spouse. I have seen well educated independent women having a tough time trying to walk out of a bad marriage . there is no right or wrong here. 
, My message is that I applaud a woman for walking out of a abusive relationship but I will not be judgemental even if she decides not to. 
Operaqueen thumbnail
[QUOTE=Soniaman]We have waited for this track...but after watching segment everyone is nervous...

I hope they dont make shlok NA..
I also want shlok n aastha till end..no third party!![/

Yes, if shlok ends up like NA, then I would rather have a third party. But the hopeless romantic in me wants to believe that he is capable of love and is definitely not as bad as his father.
Operaqueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: mayabharathi

totally agree one same decision may be right for someone bt wrong for another one. Lets say astha leaves, cries for some time and find another guy and marry him and lead a happy life. We all know its asthas first love it is said that difficult to forget ones first love.What if astha marries bt does not forget her first love and it may happen that astha never give sincere love to her present husband. And what about astha marrying someone who again abuse her physically. I am talking of astha being any girl in our society in her situation.Leaving or staying we cannot judge well said operaqueen its good or bad.

Let's see how the serial progresses, I hope Astha gets to be with her first " love"๐Ÿ˜Š
avi_ashi thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Operaqueen

me too feel that he is not as bad as his mother.. He will torture hee emotionally but not physically.. Though I hated wen he poured water on her in SBB segment..

dsr11 thumbnail
@Sandhya
Staying in a bad marriage is different from staying in an abusive relationship, I feel. When kids are in the equation its always tough to make that decision to walk out. But I still feel its always better to leave than stay in an abusive relationship. By abusive relationship I mean relationships where abuse becomes a regular thing. I am not talking about  in-heat-of-the-moment incidents.๐Ÿค”
Edited by dsr11 - 10 years ago
Operaqueen thumbnail
Originally posted by: avi_ashi

Yes, dousing her with water did make me a little nervous,... Let's see