Fan Fictions

Arhi OneShot |Terms and Conditions Apply|

-doe-eyes- thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Another dialogue-only OneShot, but different in the sense that it is not AU and can probably fit into the actual show's timeline. But it's up to the reader's interpretation really, even I wasn't sure what was happening except I needed a stress-buster and this was the result. Hope it's not too random :)

Getting my mid-sem exam results back tomorrow...wish me luck? :)

ArHi OneShot |Terms and Conditions Apply|

"Please!"

"No."

"Oh, please! Please? Pleeease? Pretty, pretty please?"

"No matter how many times you say "please" Khushi, I am NOT going to wear that."

"Hey! Don't make faces! I picked this sherwani out after scouring the whole mall! Buaji has been complaining about sore feet for three days and Jiji is convinced she's lost weight from me tugging her around. Won't you even try it on?"

"You know I don't wear this kind of thing, Khushi."

"Ar-nav-jiii! I'm not asking you to wear it to work- Devi Maiyya forbid, your employees will all pass out and Aman-ji might get a seizure...all I'm saying is, just wear it for this one day. Please?"

"I've already said no, Khushi. You should have asked me before going out to get it."

"Now I have to ask you before I get you something? I know we're not married yet, but do I have to ask my husband's permission before doing something for him? Is that the tragic, unromantic life I am destined for?"

"Khushi, sit down, your antics are making me dizzy."

"You're not even looking at me. You might as well get married to your laptop at this rate, I'm sure it won't ask something as outrageous as wearing something traditional for your own wedding..."

"Khushi..."

"And after all the trouble I went through to find him the perfect one...and then black looks so good on him too...and this one isn't even fancy or anything...but no, the Laad Governor will only do what he wants to do..."

"I do appreciate that, Khushi, I really do, but if you'd just told me instead of- hey, careful, you'll wrinkle it-"

"Who cares? You don't even like it-"

"I didn't say I didn't like it, I'm just not comfortable wearing-"

"-and it's not like you're going to wear it anyway- I might as well just give it to Jeeju or Nanheji, I'm sure they'd appreciate it a lot more-"

"Khushi-"

"Or Happy-ji-"

"And you can come in your business suit and we'll sign a contract instead of taking the pheres and sit at a conference table instead of a mandap-"

"Listen to-"

"I can't believe I haven't even picked my own dress yet in a bid to find yours first-"

"Khushi."

"-"

"Stop struggling."

"Let go of me, Rakshas Laad Governor!"

"Calling your fiance names? Very bad manners Khushi Kumari Gupta-"

"And it's going to stay Khushi Kumari Gupta if you don't let me go right now-"

"I'll wear it."

"...What?"

"I said I'll wear it-"

"Really?! You wi-?"

"-if you agree to my conditions."

"..."

"You don't have to look so suspicious."

"I don't trust you."

"Oh, really? Is that the sort of thing you should be telling the person you're going to be spending the rest of your life with?"

"No, that's the kind of thing I should be telling the most ruthless, conniving, unscrupulous business-man in all of Delhi. Or India. Or the world. Or-"

"Do you want to hear the conditions or not?"

"..."

"Or rather, should I ask do you want me to wear the sherwani or not?"

"...Fine. What are your "conditions"?"

"You're going to let me choose your outfit for the wedding-"

"I was going to ask you to anyw-"

"And you are going to wear the bangles I got you-"

"The bangles-?"

"And let me pick the rest of your jewellery-"

"Hey, wait a second-"

"And...after we're married...you'll wear sarees more often..."

"Sa-sarees...? Arnavji! What are you doing?!"

"And you'll let your hair down..."

"Eep! Give that back! What do you want my hairband fo- Arnavji?"

"It'll make things much easier for me..."

"Ah, stop! Someone...someone will see! You-"

"And you'll stop trying to turn tail and run every time I touch or come close to you..."

"S...stop..."

"And when I sleep you'll be right next to me, and you'll be there when I wake up..."

"..."

"And those are only a few of the conditions I have in mind for you, future Mrs. Raizada-"

"A-a few? There's more??!"

"But of course."

"Y-you- y-you-!! And all be-because- fine, it's ok, you don't have to wear it-"

"Ah, but Khushi, I am going to wear it-"

"No, you don't have to- I'm sorry, I was being too pushy and-"

"I enjoyed it very much. Now hand it over."

"What? No! I mean, seriously, Arnavji, you don't have to-"

"But I will."

"Just now you were saying you weren't!"

"How can I not, after you put in so much thought into getting it for me-"

"Arnavji! Stop teasing! I get it, I've learnt my lesson, I won't mess with you anymore, now please...b-back up a li-little-"

"...who said I was teasing?"

"...You are. You'd never actually wear this, Di warned me you wouldn't-"

"And why not? My fiancee puts in so much thought into getting me something, why wouldn't I wear it?"

"You were just saying-"

"Only to see your reactions. They are very...amusing."

"Amusing?! So- so all this...all of this...Arnav Singh Raizada, are you trying to tell me all this was a joke?!"

"All this? Of course not."

"But you just said-"

"The part about not wearing the sherwani, yes- but everything else...why would I joke about something so serious?"

"...You don't mean that. You can't possibly mean you seriously want me to- to-

"Let your hair down and wear sarees more often? I most certainly do. Preferably in red. And, oh, I think I forgot to mention that, if I'm at home, I want you to be with me at all times. Except under unavoidable circumstances. And I'll decide how unavoidable these circumstances are. And when I'm not at home, you'll keep your phone with you at all times, so you can pick up as soon as I call you. I don't want any excuses like 'I was making jalebis' or 'I was playing with Laxmiji' or worse 'I was with Nanheji'..."

"..."

"Close your mouth before it falls off, Khushi. I don't see why you look so surprised - after all, you're marrying the world's most ruthless, conniving, unscrupulous business-man...and terms and conditions apply."

Thank you for reading! Please leave your thoughts :)

Related OneShots: 

Bedside Manners

Seeds of Pomegranate

Midnight Snacking

I reserve all rights over this work of fiction and request readers do not reproduce/copy/modify it elsewhere and/or claim credit.

Edited by -doe-eyes- - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

AngelTeen thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 8
Res
*Edited

How do you do this? Hain?

How do you come up with these brilliant stories which are just so well etched out using just dialogues?! YOU ARE AMAZING, NAFI (your new nickname :p), JUST AMAZING! <3

Arnav and Khushi are sooo cute in this one! I pictured them as a couple just about to get married (who unlike the show are not married already! LOL!) and Khushi is using her cuteness to get Arnav to agree with her but Arnav is issmart and paasa palatoo! Me loves! :D

The way he traps Khushi in her own words...HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! So intelligent and such a chance pe dance man! ;) :D

Great job, Nafi! :D

Edited by AngelTeen - 10 years ago
dilectus thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Engager 3 Thumbnail + 6
Nafisa ji, I am totally unconditionally irrevocably mind-boggingly amusingly scaringly obsessed with your writings. Your drabbles, and this is the...I dont have words!!! So IPKKND-ish, KKG-SR-ish, ASR-ish... Ishhh (Paro style)!!!! 

My own readers are waiting for my update and I am busy drooling over this, I mean Yours, I mean ours, I mean MINE β˜ΊοΈ..ASR ji!!! β€οΈ
1chilly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Khushi really is marrying the world's most conniving business man.
What did she think? 
Each time she wants hom to agree to something there will be terms and conditions attached.πŸ˜†
IronButterfly thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Hahaha whattay cute.
Har cheez mae deals.

Could imagine them arguing.

Keep them coming.
Prasanthi thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Visit Streak 90 0 Thumbnail + 3
That was the most conniving way of making each other do things. I like it. πŸ˜†
ShikhaKhushi thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Hayye! I swoooneddd!!!!!! Totallyyy!!!!!!!!!!! It was perfect, sweet, cute... hayye! Humaara to din hi savar gaya hai! :*
archa2810 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
lol... that was the best deal πŸ‘πŸ‘
snoopy84 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Loved it Arnav really is the worlds most conniving, unscrupulous business-man his terms and conditions were awesome
__blossom__ thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Omg!!!! They are so adorable!!!!! <3
Loved it!