Tara only remembering the bad things

bintus02 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Please let me make it clear first and foremost that I like Tara as a character, I have done so from the beginning of the show and will remain so.
But since Tara discovered Mj's true identity and  since the beginning of the revenge track, she has only focus on all the bad things MJ has ever done to her. 
Never once has she remember any of the good things that he did for her nor has she weigh the good against  the bad.  She is hellbent on taking revenge for all and every bad thing done to her by MJ.

I know that some in the forums are patting Tara on the back and saying what a wonderful thing she's doing getting her own back and punishing her husband for all his misdeeds but equally it could be argue that the person who had save your life on more than one occasion deserve some compassion and empathy. 

The total revenge and lack of compassion from Tara towards MJ at the present time  isn't good for the kind of person that Tara is suppose to be.  She isn't is suppose to be a malicious and vindictive person but currently that is exactly what she is.

What kind of revenge would make a woman standby and watch totally strangers beat her husband up so badly and then went home and disgrace him further in front of his family by lying.

Burning down is stable which is not only the place where he finds peace but also where he keeps his horse is rather going too far and beyond just punishing him alone. This is when her revenge has become vindictive and with malice.

A wise person once told me that if someone has done you wrong before you react please remember if the same person has ever done you right and weigh the good against the bad before lashing out at that person. 
You might still take your revenge but it should be a proportionate one.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Dilsha thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 4
Agree Tara din remember one good thing at first I thought she is hurt but after burning uc I have lost my sympathy. This is the same place even she used to run in difficult. When the men were beating up MJ did she even once think how he saved her life frm the goons?but this is how even in real life it happens. People will remember every bad thing u did but will find hard to remember all the help u have fine them.
NiharikaMishra thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Visit Streak 180 0 Thumbnail + 8
This reminds me of a very old fable where 2 friends were travelling in a desert
They have a quarrel and one friend writes on sand that "my friend abused me today"

They move a bit ahead and they are hungry now.
The latter friend who had abused the former now offers to share the food he has with him.
This guy now writes on a rock "my friend fed me his share of food today"

The other friend questions his behavior so the guy answers back that both good and bad behavior are humane. We must engrave the good deeds in our mind like the rock which will stay on and scribble the bad ones like sand which will get blown off with time.

Just like Mrityunjay's judgemental attitude changed with time, Tara will have to do this herself. Mrityunjay will never venture to clear the MUs as he is happy with Tara hating him for he is going to die soon.

It needs to be done by Tara herself, or maybe Jayraj can intervene.

I still do not find her behavior irrational or cruel as she is punishing a rapist and murderer whom she considers a scheming person. Mrityunjay somewhat proved it in her eyes with his molestation attempt.

I still remember the instance where one of the convicts of the Delhi Rape case committed suicide as he was unable to bear the guilt and taunts of jail inmates.

Tara burning down UC can also be justified. See she used to run to UC and her friend as she was relying on them that when she is in trouble (apparently because of Mrityunjay) the friend will save her. Note, that she doesn't know attacks were done by kalavati.
Her hopes were pinned on to this place and she was expecting to get out of Mrityunjay's clutches with this friend's help.

So when her illusions broke that this was not a safe hideout but she was running into the apparent culprit himself, she must have started hating the place as well.
Also her motive is to hurt Mrityunjay and she will do it anyway.

I am hopeful with the UC burn-down now. This may prove to be the last straw for Mrityunjay and he may blurt out atleast something.
Edited by NiharikaMishra - 10 years ago
sonal_cb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
you are absolutely right... You've my words..
even i support tara for the revenge part, she is behaving normal with her action,
 but yeah it has gone too far  by
1.involving family
2.lying
3.destroying special memories (no1 gives u d rights to destroy memories of something/someone else  life)

and the last part is true and she has to see /remember the goodness.
At the end we should always emphasize on positivity and take right decisions..
Lionessxo thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
perfectly said! totally agree with you :) 
The burning the stable part was way to harsh .. like no . I feel so bad for MJ now :( AH
misty85 thumbnail
In this case I completely agree with Niharika & Sonal... apart from this why women are supposed to forget every injustice done to her... when a man is aggressive that's fine but when a woman is aggressive that's bad... why?? MJ's behaviour was also wrong... he softened only after he met Tara in the stable 2-3 times... he got influenced by her personality... This is a classic case of pride & prejudice... both have been hurt & both have been prejudiced against each other... & both will take their own time to realise their mistakes... in this case MJ has already realised his mistake... after UC incident it'll be tara's turn.
ddsoaps thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Lets look at one incident here...the time he saved her from the goons...that time she was in praise of the man who saved her life whilst cursing her husband.

Now that she knows its the same person, her first thought would have been but after he saved me where did he go, why did he not take me back home?Did he go to pay off the goons to hit me?

When leaving her with that womn, he did not tell her he was going to check on his wife.

Also until the end Mjay never once mentioned he was married nor did he speak of his regret in hurting his wife or some person in life to Tara.

We as viewers are aware he regrets it completely, but does Tara know?

She did eventually on the last day...

The real culprit is Nirmala and yesterday the apology did change things for her and Aditya. Watch the scene where camera pans Adi...see the look on his worried face...

Even before apologizing Mjay looks at Nirmala first...like I have no choice mommy dearest!

Tara's methods are wrong...but its opening means for Mjay to come out in the open about all this. The answers to all of Baba's questions laywith Nirmala not Mjay!

Edited by ddFan2012 - 10 years ago
basicquestion1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Totally agree with u'r sentiments but cvs can easily turn this around. Tomorrow tara can justify all of her doings by saying that she did it to get the truth out of mj. She wanted to show mj that he can never be that bad as he portrays. ... so on n so forth
sonal_cb thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
correctly said Niharika.
yes the judgmental attitude will definitely see its end with time and realization.
But had 1 thought on burning down UC.

It is the same place she enlightened and illuminated inner joys of mj, removed darkness from his life in a bit...same place where she put Lakshmi's idol which is considered so auspicious in our culture/tradition, same place where she prayed for the long life of her special one..
Now even if she has her own reasons (dont wanna comment on her logic/reasons) for this act, still how can u destroy something which u only integrated for a better one.
Its like bringing up something with lot of effort and then let it flown away in a fury.

sad  !!😕
basicquestion1 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
We all have rights. Exercising them all the time can make a court house but never a house ler alone a home :)
It's not about equality, it's about who is better!