Frequent Posters

vinita459 thumbnail
Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by: Perfectionist2

</div>

Tamara,
<div>

I will teach you..

One and half year on maternity leave and I cooked those every week.

With Dosa and Idili and wadai on regular breakfast cos MIL stayed with us and likes the authentic traditional breakfast.

She taught me ladoos, jalebis,balushad, barfi, Kaju Katli, ras malai. Then Keema samosa and Kachorris.( I made them better than the ones you get in the shops)

And then came the weighty issuesπŸ˜†

They still remain massively😭... You saw the pics of what Iate last night..πŸ˜›

Mars bar is good that way besides I am scared you will faint so please eat dear.

Farz, my worse addiction is Tom Yum and Nasi Goreng!

Really Juliet! 😲

You know how to make all those sweets ... Can u teach me some 😊

I love eating indian sweets:)
farz_parachute thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Tom Yum. Nasi Goreng!!???

Oh goodness!!!! How do you know these!!

I'd mention it except I didn't wanna show off (much).

Well just a little, maybe. If you EVER get the chance...try Nasi Padprik. I assure you. The best thing ever.

Dosa, Idli, Vadai! Everyday?

And you make all those ladoos, jalebis,balushad, barfi, Kaju Katli,
ras malai!!! (I've never heard of balushad. Or kaju (carrot?) Or katli.)

And Keema samosa and Kachorris. Wow wow wow. These items are most definitely not available for me. Samosas maybe. But not keema and kachorris. Where's your house? Don't worry I'll come alone. And do you have a son? Must be at least 5. Coz I'm 4 3/4. (I like older man. Older. Not old. I don't know why some always confuse the two!)

And. I'll bring chocolates! No hiding. Be mutant and proud!

And please. No Snickers.

Mars all the way. All the way. Snickers. Nope. Not even in the airplane when 'sorry, we don't have mars' is served! I'll have twix then. Yum!

Tamara. Snickers. Don't do this to yourself. You'll feel less horrible when you share. But hell. Twice happiness when not.
;)

Indulge!

Weighty issues. Those are heritage too. How does one maintain a healthy (and happy) body? Happy mind. Hee.

Mummy say walk. No need for other exercise. Keep walking. And it would help if you can help me sweep and mop the floor every now and then... What about you, I'd ask. If I sweep than you'll feel left out. And then there's this look I'll get.

Hehe.

She says I'm messy. Though I maintain I'm clean. Just messy.

*why are you guys enticing me back here. this thread is addictive! hmmm! :)*

Mummy hides her chocolates too. Not that she ever eats them. Or have I been fooled? Is this a collective mother thing to do?

What?? It is!??
-Destiny- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Hi my name is lekha. This topic and question in particular has intrigued me.

How much does having a dual heritage affect ones identity, self-definition and ones understanding of ethnicities and cultures within a diverse World?

I have dual upbringing and am exposed to a lot of different opinions about the same issues. I'm a tamilian and telugu girl (since my mom is from machlipatnam and daddy from chennai )
And I feel that being exposed to various/multicultural ideologies is always intriguing. Multicultural experiences make for a wholistic and well balanced opinion making mentality.

One thing about being open to diverse cultures is that it moulds us as a finer and broader minded human being.

rajsmi thumbnail
Originally posted by: farz_parachute

Nooo. One is never too old. Or cranky!

Hmmm occasionally! I can do that! Easy. Okay a little more than occasionally, hee...but not daily, I promise!

*let no one know about the mars bar I just ate*

Where you from dear mother of a another child? Hi! I'm Farz! Daughter to another mother.

I'm weird. And quacky. And just plain wacko. But heyho...you calk yourself old and cranky...I see a future!

Oh oh sweet sweet Farz...we sure are alike ;-) Love the sweets but trying hard :-(
Right now, in Disney,FL walking in the parks with my 72 year old mum and indulging :-) We are both sugar addicts though I like to say Im in recovery...
Its great to visit the parks and not have to rush to wait in all the lines for the rides :-)
Perfectionist2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: vinita459

Really Juliet! 😲

You know how to make all those sweets ... Can u teach me some 😊

I love eating indian sweets:)

Anytime Vinita,
My MIL is like Culinary Goddess and she still believes road to happiness lies in feeding your man till Cholesterol spikes and Diabetes Attacks.

MIL and DIL are diabetic BTW but that doesn't stop them.

I love love cooking, Recently I have been sending Tamara pics of my greasy and sugar laden food..πŸ˜›

Latest I learnt was Motichoor Ke Laddu and Made Halem for the first time for my friends. IT turned out superb.

Vinita you should try this guy- http://www.vahrehvah.com. This chef on youtube. He is super funny and great Hyderabadi chef.
Edited by Perfectionist2 - 9 years ago
vinita459 thumbnail
Originally posted by: Perfectionist2

Anytime Vinita,
<div>My MIL is like Culinary Goddess and she still believes road to happiness lies in feeding your man till Cholesterol spikes and Diabetes Attacks.

MIL and DIL are diabetic BTW but that doesn't stop them.

I love love cooking, Recently I have been sending Tamara pics of my greasy and sugar laden food..πŸ˜›

Latest I learnt was Motichoor Ke Laddu and Made Halem for the first time for my friends. IT turned out superb.

Vinita you should try this guy-http://www.vahrehvah.com. Thischef on youtube. He is super funny and great Hyderabadi chef.

Really you even know now to make moti chur laddu. I wish I can make it :(
I love eating sweets. I only know not how to make peda and gajar halwa.

Give me the recipe for motichur laddu please :)
-Destiny- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: -Destiny-

Hi my name is lekha. This topic and question in particular has intrigued me.

How much does having a dual heritage affect ones identity, self-definition and ones understanding of ethnicities and cultures within a diverse World?

I have dual upbringing and am exposed to a lot of different opinions about the same issues. I'm a tamilian and telugu girl (since my mom is from machlipatnam and daddy from chennai )
And I feel that being exposed to various/multicultural ideologies is always intriguing. Multicultural experiences make for a wholistic and well balanced opinion making mentality.

One thing about being open to diverse cultures is that it moulds us as a finer and broader minded human being.

I forgot to add that I've hot friends who follow many faiths(Christianity,Islam and many other faiths) and being exposed to their living styles makes one reflect on how different people are coping with different issues

I for one am pretty lucky to have that exposure. It's such a good learning experience.
Perfectionist2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: farz_parachute

Tom Yum. Nasi Goreng!!???

Oh goodness!!!! How do you know these!!

I'd mention it except I didn't wanna show off (much).

Well just a little, maybe. If you EVER get the chance...try Nasi Padprik. I assure you. The best thing ever.

Dosa, Idli, Vadai! Everyday?

And you make all those ladoos, jalebis,balushad, barfi, Kaju Katli,
ras malai!!! (I've never heard of balushad. Or kaju (carrot?) Or katli.)

And Keema samosa and Kachorris. Wow wow wow. These items are most definitely not available for me. Samosas maybe. But not keema and kachorris. Where's your house? Don't worry I'll come alone. And do you have a son? Must be at least 5. Coz I'm 4 3/4. (I like older man. Older. Not old. I don't know why some always confuse the two!)

And. I'll bring chocolates! No hiding. Be mutant and proud!

And please. No Snickers.

Mars all the way. All the way. Snickers. Nope. Not even in the airplane when 'sorry, we don't have mars' is served! I'll have twix then. Yum!

Tamara. Snickers. Don't do this to yourself. You'll feel less horrible when you share. But hell. Twice happiness when not.
;)

Indulge!

Weighty issues. Those are heritage too. How does one maintain a healthy (and happy) body? Happy mind. Hee.

Mummy say walk. No need for other exercise. Keep walking. And it would help if you can help me sweep and mop the floor every now and then... What about you, I'd ask. If I sweep than you'll feel left out. And then there's this look I'll get.

Hehe.

She says I'm messy. Though I maintain I'm clean. Just messy.

*why are you guys enticing me back here. this thread is addictive! hmmm! :)*

Mummy hides her chocolates too. Not that she ever eats them. Or have I been fooled? Is this a collective mother thing to do?

What?? It is!??

Last night I told Tamara, I am not going on this thread.πŸ˜† Because then I just stay here forever and what did I achieve all day goes to soad in guilt.

Then bus ride to work😳 I browsed😑 Why Oh Why!
Now I am here. And it is addictive... I want to get off IF.
I take an oath everyday to quit IF. But Alas the victim I amπŸ˜›

Padprik- will try this weekend. πŸ˜ƒ
I have the best restaurants in my city and chefs who know me personally cos I visit every weekend.πŸ˜†
My kids are too little.πŸ˜† 2 yes- you can have a playdate... Do bring in the chocolate. πŸ˜ƒ

Sweeping floor! OH MY GOD! that is my mum speaking...
She used to say sweep floor stomach abs exercise. And after I have done she is like you didn't bend properly to clean..
After my marriage bending has reached a whole new meaning and I don't mind it at allπŸ˜‰ BUT I AM NEVER SWEEPING THE FLOOR!!
DONT TELL MY MIL- but that is why I got married.πŸ˜‰ 

Perfectionist2 thumbnail
Originally posted by: vinita459

Really you even know now to make moti chur laddu. I wish I can make it :(
I love eating sweets. I only know not how to make peda and gajar halwa.

Give me the recipe for motichur laddu please :)

I am on lunch break let me get homeπŸ˜†
-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
So now the conversation has shifted towards food ehπŸ˜†...how did I miss this convo..but then again do I have anything to share here??😲...
I love sweets btw...I need to have something sweet everyday..or else I think I will die...I can actually eat chocolates like food..and if ppl around me ate sweets..I would be making cakes and mithaai's all the time...but seems I am the only one with the sweet tooth..
These days I am addicted to Nutella..I can just eat spoons full of it in one go.. and then there's the peanut butter pretzel cadbury..its to die for..oo also the caramel popcorn cadbury..and cookie dough cadbury..and who can forget India's crackle...Ooo now I need to have some...Glad I got a few from my trip to India...cya...m off for a munch...πŸ˜›
Edited by -StarsLinedUp- - 9 years ago