Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

raneeb thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 9 years ago
You guys have bamboozled me--am amazed how each generation has to go through the same  trials and tribulations! This holds true for everyone...

I am so glad you have this platform to vent out your frustration so that you can carry on with living. I have learnt that nothing comes easy so teach the children by example the art of Tolerance and Compromise!
I am not going to add anymore coz there are so many similarities in all our lives. Have your priorities right and focus on the positives and life would be that much happier.

Edited by raneeb - 9 years ago
-StarsLinedUp- thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: raneeb

You guys have bamboozled me--am amazed how each generation has to go through the same  trials and tribulations! This holds true for everyone...

I am so glad you have this platform to vent out your frustration so that you can carry on with living. I have learnt that nothing comes easy so teach the children by example the art of Tolerance and Compromise!
I am not going to add anymore coz there are so many similarities in all our lives. Have your priorities right and focus on the positives and life would be that much happier.

very truly stated...this is the time when effort..is not invested in our own lives..we want everything easy...even when it comes to family and kids..it has to be easy...but what's the fun in that...working hard and seeing the end result is a much sweeter feeling than letting it all go as is..without making an effort...
We all have our set of troubles and issues...and we choose how much to take..and wen to let go...I am still learning that...I am a stubborn soul that beleives in getting what I dreamt of...I wont hurt ppl in the process but heck I am gonna get wat I desire...I have only one life to live..and I aint about to live it according to someone else...
and yes...tolerate...but as for compromise...I'd rather use the word adjust...maybe today u cant do wat u want but make sure u do it tommorow..its just a positive way to live I guess
thanks for some wonderful and thought provoking insight!!๐Ÿ˜Š
farz_parachute thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: Perfectionist2

Farz.
Love love love Revenge. So sexy. Law n order, not so much
But castle. Criminal minds...are good.
Love black list. Tried that. Simply enticing.

Couldn't do game of thrones haha. .
My hubby is an addict though. ..

About your question. ... I will let someone else answer...hehe

Sexayhhh!
asifiqbalsh thumbnail
Dual-Heritage: showed identity of person in different aspects. It's not easy for the person who born in one country but attached to other country culture. Those type of people faced problem to accept one culture. It's very easy for the person who born in the country where their parents belonged, to accept the changes but for those who born in different culture, they want to take a exposure of both culture.
As a Muslim, so many things are not allowed as u mentioned in the topic & parents have a big responsibility to tell their kids. Everyone is not same, Some kids thought that guidance as burden & some thought normally.those types of conflict create personality disorder. I live in Ireland & move here for getting education 8 yrs ago, originally from Pakistan. Even at the age of 24, when I arrived first, it's not easy for me. I live with my friends & few of them were drinking, smoking & even have girlfriend. They usually offered me to drink which I refused everytime. My friends played a worse prank with me, they added vodka in my coke. Thank ALLAH & my one of the irish friend that I didn't drink on that day otherwise I don't know how I will forgive myself. As a sinusitis, I can't smell until it's too worse that's why it didn't feel any smell. If those things are difficult for me so it's for others as well. It's easy to say that they are lucky to have a chance to take exposure but in real, it's too tough. They have to follow the ethics of both cultures which is not easy for me.
Parents play their important role there for the upbringing of their kids outside their home country. In Asian countries like Pakistan, India & Bangladesh, we saw each other frequently & culture are not same but not opposite as well & we can adjust easily but here it's totally different. I have a live example in the form of my niece. She born here & we told her what to eat or drink. Even we visited last year to Pakistan together, she was very comfortable even in understanding Urdu. It's not easy for her as well to speak Urdu, she replied us in English. We saw her how she tried to cope with us, it's really not easy.
Hope I m not out of topic
Nice post
Regards
Asif
rajsmi thumbnail

I like high fats and sugary sweets. I mean...we only get them during festivals! And it's a holiday. Some indulgence toh banta hai.

No?
Fine!

Indulging only occasionally is fine :-) That is not what I see in India, after being out of there for the last 24 years...Rich foods are being had on a daily basis...Maybe Im just too old and cranky :-(
farz_parachute thumbnail
Originally posted by: rajsmi

I like high fats and sugary sweets. I mean...we only get them during festivals! And it's a holiday. Some indulgence toh banta hai.

No?
Fine!

Indulging only occasionally is fine :-) That is not what I see in India, after being out of there for the last 24 years...Rich foods are being had on a daily basis...Maybe Im just too old and cranky :-(

Nooo. One is never too old. Or cranky!

Hmmm occasionally! I can do that! Easy. Okay a little more than occasionally, hee...but not daily, I promise!

*let no one know about the mars bar I just ate*

Where you from dear mother of a another child? Hi! I'm Farz! Daughter to another mother.

I'm weird. And quacky. And just plain wacko. But heyho...you calk yourself old and cranky...I see a future!
Tamara27 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: rajsmi

No?
Fine!

Maybe I'm old and cranky too, or maybe this sugar-free eating plan I'm on is just not working?
farz_parachute thumbnail
Sugar free?!!!!

How!

Well if the context is within India... then I guess rich fattening sugary sweets...on a daily basis...one should try doing sugar free diet.

But here! Where ladoo jelebi barfi and the likes are so very scarce...(liar!) one does tend to go a lil overboard with the sweets.

I last ate the above mentioned delicacies...some 2months ago.

And I don't forsee myself having any for at least another few more months... Maybe more.

Other local delicacies cannot come near these.

Old and cranky. Why why why!

I am guessing this is for health related issues...coz you've got me looking up at you for all those life lesson you've so very kindly shared.

Doesn't food form a part of our culture and heritage?

I'm confused between which I love best. Nasi Lemak. Chapati. Tosai (dosa). Mc Donald's. Pizza.

I know I don't like Yong Tow Foo. So I'm not THAT confused.

*I was suppose to be scarce...ooops*
Tamara27 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: farz_parachute

Sugar free?!!!!

How!

Well if the context is within India... then I guess rich fattening sugary sweets...on a daily basis...one should try doing sugar free diet.

But here! Where ladoo jelebi barfi and the likes are so very scarce...(liar!) one does tend to go a lil overboard with the sweets.

I last ate the above mentioned delicacies...some 2months ago.

And I don't forsee myself having any for at least another few more months... Maybe more.

Other local delicacies cannot come near these.

Old and cranky. Why why why!

I am guessing this is for health related issues...coz you've got me looking up at you for all those life lesson you've so very kindly shared.

Doesn't food form a part of our culture and heritage?

I'm confused between which I love best. Nasi Lemak. Chapati. Tosai (dosa). Mc Donald's. Pizza.

I know I don't like Yong Tow Foo. So I'm not THAT confused.

*I was suppose to be scarce...ooops*

Sugar free - most of the time :)

Mostly part of a diet plan, but one has to live. Life is short and I must must must indulge now and again!

Those sweets are also scarce here - the well made ones anyway ๐Ÿ˜†

And barfi is my best! I sometimes think I should learn to make it, but then I think " Have you lost your mind, Tamara? Once you know this, you'll be making it every week" so I don't entertain the thought for too long :)

Pizza is also a problem, since I do no carbs too... but what's life without a treat now and then? 

(In fact, Farz... I've had quite a weird day... so don't tell anyone that I have a Snickers hidden in my handbag, waiting to be pounced upon once the hubby and monster are asleep - I don't feel like sharing tonight)

Talk about confused... confused is me, darling :) Haha!
Perfectionist2 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Tamara27

Sugar free - most of the time :)

Mostly part of a diet plan, but one has to live. Life is short and I must must must indulge now and again!

Those sweets are also scarce here - the well made ones anyway ๐Ÿ˜†

And barfi is my best! I sometimes think I should learn to make it, but then I think " Have you lost your mind, Tamara? Once you know this, you'll be making it every week" so I don't entertain the thought for too long :)

Pizza is also a problem, since I do no carbs too... but what's life without a treat now and then? 

(In fact, Farz... I've had quite a weird day... so don't tell anyone that I have a Snickers hidden in my handbag, waiting to be pounced upon once the hubby and monster are asleep - I don't feel like sharing tonight)

Talk about confused... confused is me, darling :) Haha!

Tamara,

I will teach you..
One and half year on maternity leave and I cooked those every week.
With Dosa and Idili and wadai on regular breakfast cos MIL stayed with us and likes the authentic traditional breakfast.
She taught me ladoos, jalebis,balushad, barfi, Kaju Katli, ras malai. Then Keema samosa and Kachorris. ( I made them better than the ones you get in the shops)

And then came the weighty issues๐Ÿ˜† 
They still remain  massively๐Ÿ˜ญ... You saw the pics of what I ate last night..๐Ÿ˜›

Mars bar is good that way besides  I am scared you will faint so please eat dear.

Farz, my worse addiction is Tom Yum and Nasi Goreng!

Edited by Perfectionist2 - 9 years ago